PDA

View Full Version : Getting Microfiber furniture cleaned -- experiences?

barbk
10-10-2011, 09:16 PM
We have a microfiber couch that's in a room open to the kitchen, and I figure that after five years :slinkaway of being exposed to cooking vapors and grease that it is time to get it professionally cleaned. There aren't particular spots on it, but given the dirt and grease film I've cleaned off of adjacent hard furniture, I know it is grimy. The sofa has S/W on the tag for cleaning, meaning that it can be cleaned with either solvent-based or water-based cleaners.

Any suggestions as to the best approach to use, or anything to be particularly cautious about?

GarrAarghHrumph
10-11-2011, 01:59 AM
Are you going to clean this yourself, or are you having it professionally cleaned? If you're doing this yourself, test any product you plan to use on an inconspicuous spot of the fabric.

I have a microfiber slipcover on my couch. It washes quite well. I'd imagine, though, for S-W couch, you'd want to use a solvent that dries quickly. Beyond that, I can't help!

barbk
10-11-2011, 02:45 AM
Professionally. Seems to be a choice between various typical carpet cleaning firms and something like Chem-Dry, which I've got no experience with.