PDA

View Full Version : Courtney Hicks out for season with leg injury [Confirmed]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Jenna
10-10-2011, 08:39 PM
No "official" word yet, but the hearsay news isn't good. :(

Her injury is really bad, she broke her leg on the take off of the jump. Poor girl :(

It's true :( FSO poster who was at the rink and saw it wrote that she singled the second jump of her program (probably lutz or flip) and fell on ice. Later it was known that she broke her [shin bone] on the take off

yup, I was there too. Didn't see the fall actually because I was writing down something, but looked up when I heard the fall and saw she was not getting up again. I was announcing there, so I was sitting next to the judges, and the first judge on my right told that she'd struck the take-off all wonky - evidently the injury happened at that point. At first we thought it was her knee - but later I was next to the US team leader and asked her about that, and she said it indeed was her leg, right below the knee.

Rob
10-10-2011, 08:42 PM
OMG how awful.

NeilJLeonard
10-10-2011, 08:45 PM
OUCH!!!!

Get well soon, please....:eek:

NJL (...just reading about it hurts....:(...)

Nekatiivi
10-10-2011, 08:45 PM
Poor thing, sound very painful. :(

BittyBug
10-10-2011, 08:48 PM
Oh, dear. Poor Courtney. :(

I hope youth will be on her side and that she'll bounce back quickly. I was really looking forward to seeing her progress this season.

Debbie S
10-10-2011, 08:49 PM
We should wait for confirmation, but if alhrayth is correct about the break being below the knee, it is not her thigh bone, it's the tibia (shin bone). As I just posted in the Ladies thread, I broke my tibia (near the ankle) skating 2 years ago, so I know how Courtney must feel right now. Hopefully, she won't need surgery and will heal according to schedule. I was off the ice for 6 months, perhaps Courtney could go back a little sooner.

Sending lots of healing vibes to Courtney!

ilovesalchows
10-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Ouch! She is young and hopefully will heal quickly!

falling_dance
10-10-2011, 09:51 PM
Wishing her a speedy and full recovery. :(

peibeck
10-10-2011, 11:10 PM
:( Whatever the injury, I hope she takes time for it to heal completely before getting back on the ice.

rfisher
10-10-2011, 11:14 PM
Poor kid.

skatesindreams
10-10-2011, 11:22 PM
:( Whatever the injury, I hope she takes time for it to heal completely before getting back on the ice.

This!
All the best to her.

paskatefan
10-10-2011, 11:42 PM
Oh, no! :eek: :( We just saw her a week ago @ Mike's show. Hope she takes the time to heal completely from this.

Louis
10-11-2011, 12:18 AM
Major :(. I hate to say it, but I thought she was pushing way too hard this season with quads, combinations ending in triple loop, and really tricky footwork in and out of jumps. It was very exciting to watch but I wonder if it was too much all at once.

Best wishes for a quick and full recovery.

barbk
10-11-2011, 12:22 AM
Really tough if she's injured like that away from home. I hope one of her parents was at the competition with her, though I'm sure the team leader and other team adults are very supportive.

Oz_sk8ting_mum
10-11-2011, 12:41 AM
Poor Kid. It will seem like the end of the world for her at the moment:(.
Went through a similar injury with one of my kids, took 7 months to get back on the ice, it's a long haul.
Hopefully she has good strong support to help her get well and fit as she is an amazing young lady to watch!