PDA

View Full Version : Best competition skate to Ave Maria (SP or LP)

Pages : 1 [2]

Polymer Bob
10-12-2011, 06:31 PM
still angry about the 2009 US nationals... but let's not swerve off topic.

Though some good came of it.
2009 U.S. Nationals made me angry enough to forget about 2008 U.S. Nationals. :angryfire

taf2002
10-12-2011, 06:57 PM
I don't like Ave Maria as a competitive program, and as an exhibition it's not much better. The only one I ever kind of liked was Rudy Galindo's in 1996, as I was still high on his win at Nationals. I don't think the tempo is good for a skating program. It's kind of zzzzzz. Most of the people in the poll are kind of zzzzzzzzz too. (Obviously not Belbin/Agusto.)

sk8tingfan
10-14-2011, 02:55 PM
I voted Totmianina/Marinin for my favorite competitive program to Ave Maria. Something about the music paired with their sleek, smooth skating was just perfect for me. (And I still miss Tatiana's landing position on the throw jumps ;) )

My second choice was Fumie. I always really liked her and thought this program suited her so well.

Bournekraatzfan
10-14-2011, 03:04 PM
I could only choose one, so I voted for Shishkova/Naumov because they had less votes than Fumie, but I loved them equally as much. S&N's SP was one of the highlights of the 1995/1996 season for me. That program was absolutely mesmerizing. I really liked this team, and this was my all-time favourite program of theirs. Thanks for posting this poll, Vash01 :)