sk8mom1970
10-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Cesario!!

Jenna
10-09-2011, 03:04 PM
1 Risa SHOJI JPN
2 Samantha CESARIO USA
3 Gracie GOLD USA

4 Anna SHERSHAK RUS (her lack of a loop, flip and lutz could hurt her here more than it did in Italy)

sk8mom1970
10-09-2011, 03:12 PM
1 Risa SHOJI JPN
2 Samantha CESARIO USA
3 Gracie GOLD USA

4 Anna SHERSHAK RUS (her lack of a loop, flip and lutz could hurt her here more than it did in Italy)

I think you've got it right, Jenna but I really hope Cesario can pull off a gold medal win here. She's the total package IMO other than a 3/3 but Shoji is just SOOO good.

Jenna
10-09-2011, 03:16 PM
I agree, but Shoji is really good! Her FS in Brisbane should have won her the gold medal, IMO. Also, Gracie Gold could be a huge spoiler here. If she hits her 3-3 and other jumps she could be a contender for the gold as well.

sk8mom1970
10-09-2011, 03:24 PM
Gracie wins Gold... heh... what a pun! :D

pinky166
10-09-2011, 05:03 PM
I think:

1.) Risa Shoji
2.) Samantha Cesario
3.) Gracie Gold

and then Shershak probably in 4th. She's lovely but I don't think a 4 triple FS will be enough to land her on the podium in this deep field. I think if Risa can skate clean/almost clean and manage to avoid URs (or even if she gets just 1 or 2), then she will likely win. But if she has a few to several URs then maybe she will finish 2nd, or possibly 3rd. Gracie is a great talent but idk if her PCS will be comparable to Samantha and Risa, in addition to being an international unknown, from what I've seen of her skating, she seems to be mostly a technician at this point. But she certainly is very talented. Samantha appeared to be in great form in Poland, but I wonder if her lack of a 3-3 could prevent her from winning gold. We shall see. I expect it will be an exciting and close competition btwn the 3 ladies I predicted to be on the podium.

Also, with Hicks withdrawal, Miyahara's 5th place, and Gold's not being eligible, Risa and Samantha likely have a little more leeway in what they need to make the final. For example, I think if Samantha is 2nd and Risa is 3rd they should both still qualify. Although I guess Shershak has a chance now too, although I don't really see her finishing higher than 4th here, and if Risa and Samantha can both manage a 2 and a 3 finish, then they'd qualify ahead of Korobeinikova with 2 and 4 and Shershak should she finish 4th here.

Vash01
10-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Looks like I am the only one who voted for Yuki Nishino. I really liked her skating on YT.

burntBREAD
10-09-2011, 06:14 PM
Looks like I am the only one who voted for Yuki Nishino. I really liked her skating on YT.

I love her too but there's two problems with selecting her for a podium finish:

1. She's horribly inconsistent
2. Lots of UR problems (I believe her last four jumps were all underrotated in Austria)

olympic
10-09-2011, 11:16 PM
Wow! Gracie Gold gets to compete. I didn't know that ....

cx3
10-10-2011, 03:07 AM
Shershak has a shot, but only if Shoji/Cesario has problems. I voted for Gold, but we haven't seen her in actual (international) competition just yet. She does look VERY promising, tho.

n*ice mom
10-10-2011, 07:12 AM
Go for the Gold, Sammy!!!

olympic
10-10-2011, 06:43 PM
^I was curious to know why several of you are putting Gracie Gold behind Cesario, Shershak and Shoji. Does her skating lack in some way? Just curious. Thanks,

johndockley92
10-10-2011, 07:06 PM
^I was curious to know why several of you are putting Gracie Gold behind Cesario, Shershak and Shoji. Does her skating lack in some way? Just curious. Thanks,

Her skating is a little boring. Her technical is awesome and if she skates two clean programs, she may just win. Based on the other jgps, being boring is okay :p

Autumn_girl
10-10-2011, 07:10 PM
I think it will be between Gold, Shoji and Cesario. If one of them will make mistakes or URs then Shershak will have a chance. Gold can even win it, but we still have to see what international judges will say about her.
BTW, I really don't understand US logic. They gave Cain second JGP and didn't give Miller who really deserved it. And now Gold is going to JGP without any chance for a final, but if she beats Cesario and Shoji places 1-2 then Samantha will not qualify to the final either. I do think Gold deserves a spot, but they should have sent her earlier