PDA

View Full Version : JGP Tallinn Ladies Medal Predictions

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Jammers
10-12-2011, 11:06 PM
I'm impressed with Golds jumping ability. How old is she?

chipso1
10-12-2011, 11:08 PM
I'm impressed with Golds jumping ability. How old is she?

n*ice mom
10-13-2011, 03:01 AM
Just saw the starting orders. Sam skates 2nd and Risa skates dead last. Gracie skates 2nd in Risa's flight. I just hope they don't hold back on the PCS for Sam. Too bad the SP isn't seeded...I think a head-to-head comparison would be more fair.

kwanatic
10-13-2011, 08:47 PM
How about this?

Gracie Gold is in 1st place with 60.18! Risa in 2nd (55.19), Samantha 3rd (54.74), Yuki Nishino in 4th (50.04) and Anna Shershak in 5th (49.85).

Wow. If Gracie is that good, why did she only get one assignment this year? IIRC, that 60+ is the second highest SP of the season...

DimaToe
10-13-2011, 09:08 PM
Wow. If Gracie is that good, why did she only get one assignment this year? IIRC, that 60+ is the second highest SP of the season...

Yeah Gracie!!! :cheer2: and that's what i'm also wondering, even though the battle is only half over, the fact that she was able to put up such a monster SP score in her first Int. competition is very impressive, she should've definitely received two assingments, but oh well, hopefully she kicks butt again in the LP and walks away with the gold medal :)

icellist
10-13-2011, 09:32 PM
it seems that gracie is on a good track to getting gold at this event with a 5 point lead. but, i really want cesario and shoji to make it to the final. would they both make it still if cesario got silver and shoji got bronze?

Sylvia
10-13-2011, 09:34 PM
would they both make it still if cesario got silver and shoji got bronze?
Yes, both would have 24 points (1 silver, 1 bronze) and that would be enough for them to qualify in 5th & 6th position.

pinky166
10-13-2011, 09:45 PM
it seems that gracie is on a good track to getting gold at this event with a 5 point lead. but, i really want cesario and shoji to make it to the final. would they both make it still if cesario got silver and shoji got bronze?

Yes. So even though I'd ideally want Risa to finish higher than 3rd, this seems like the best way for things to pan out, because I really love Samantha too and want to see them both in the final. Given the field at this event and the one at Samantha's first, I can see both girls faring quite well in the final despite being the last two qualifiers if that is what ends up happening. But ice is slippery, so we will see what happens. Gracie has a good lead but it's not huge, and we did see Lam overcome a 6 point deficit from the SP to come from behind and win it all in Austria, as did Shelepen in Latvia. Great field though, the top 3 are all incredible in their own unique way.

icellist
10-13-2011, 09:54 PM
thanks, i just checked the standings on isu.org interesting fact, if gerli or nishino win gold. they're in the final :D but i'm am very impress in gerli's technical prowess

Jammers
10-14-2011, 06:08 PM
Will Gracie have to go through sectionals to qualify for Nationals next year? Forget skating as a Junior there i hope she can skate with the Seniors. Considering the head cases that some of the top US ladies are someone like Gracie who can jump would put a bit of a scare into some of them.

smarts1
10-15-2011, 01:47 AM
Yeah Gracie!!! :cheer2: and that's what i'm also wondering, even though the battle is only half over, the fact that she was able to put up such a monster SP score in her first Int. competition is very impressive, she should've definitely received two assingments, but oh well, hopefully she kicks butt again in the LP and walks away with the gold medal :)

This happens every year. :mad: Remember Vanessa last year?

Maofan7
10-15-2011, 09:04 AM

I hope that she not only wins the Gold, but also scores in excess of 170.00

smarts1
10-15-2011, 01:47 PM
Congrats to Gracie for her win! (And breaking 170, which is phenonemal!)

So then who goes on to the JGPF? Risa and who else?

Eris
10-15-2011, 01:51 PM
So then who goes on to the JGPF? Risa and who else?
Lipnitskaya, Shelepen, Lam, Shoji, Li and Korobeynikova.

Jenna
10-15-2011, 02:00 PM
This happens every year. :mad: Remember Vanessa last year?

:mad: I know.

But guess what, Vanessa is in the final this year!

Maybe Gracie will have the same fate. :)