PDA

View Full Version : My current pet peeve

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

mag
10-11-2011, 02:08 AM
Because they tried really, really hard, and how are they going to get into college if they don't get credit? :fragile:

Love it!!!
Before I had kids, I always thought that as long as they tried I would accept the result. That was before I realized that kids can be very efficient with their energy. If they think just trying will work, that is all they will do. Now I hear myself saying, "I don't want you to try; I want you to do it!" "It" being cleaning their bedrooms, getting to bed on time, not leaving the bathroom in a complete mess, etc, etc. I do understand that sometimes all you can do is try your best, but really, for simple tasks, like Nike says, "Just do it!"

Aussie Willy
10-11-2011, 02:39 AM
Uh, I don't get this one. Am I supposed to looked under the stall doors to see if someone is in them so I avoid using the one right next to you?

At our work the doors stay open if there is no one in them so it is pretty easy to know if someone is in the toilet or not. So yes in this case people should know if someone is in there.

numbers123
10-11-2011, 02:46 AM
I guess I use the ladies room for one purpose and tend to go into an open stall, not count how many stalls I am away from anyone else. I am pretty sure no one is doing it to purposely tick you off.

And as I stated before: Whether or not we admit it, we may unconsciously choose the same number toilet each time. For example, you may always choose to use the Stall #3 from the door even if there is a stall empty in stall #1 or #2

nubka
10-11-2011, 03:19 AM
How about this: I used to go to a church that had a service that started at 11:00 and would end around 12:45-1:00. This was a church that did A LOT of music before the sermon (which was getting longer as well - to the point where I would be STARVING was the service ended).

I sat in the balcony and there was a couple that every Sunday would come in sometime between Noon & 12:30 and wonder around the balcony and before finding a place to sit. They not only felt the need to come in that late but they needed to sit in their own row and on a far end so they could be completely by themselves away from everyone.

They would then get up after the service and just leave without talking to anyone. I found this to be really weird (and rude to the 1,000+ people who didn't see an issue with the first hour or so of the service).

I asked them why they came in late all the time and they said they only wanted to come in and listen to the sermon. They thought the worship music was too loud and repetitive. (Granted, at one time it was annoying, but it greatly improved.)

I did not ask about the "loner" stuff - Honestly, I got a weird vibe about the husband and wife's relationship.

That doesn't sound so awful to me. I'd probably just want to hear the sermon too... :shuffle:

Aussie Willy
10-11-2011, 04:20 AM
I guess I use the ladies room for one purpose and tend to go into an open stall, not count how many stalls I am away from anyone else. I am pretty sure no one is doing it to purposely tick you off.

And as I stated before: Whether or not we admit it, we may unconsciously choose the same number toilet each time. For example, you may always choose to use the Stall #3 from the door even if there is a stall empty in stall #1 or #2
Well most people here tend to go to the other end of the toilet away from others because they don't like it themselves. But some people are just oblivious about it. Can't do much about it, but I am allowed to be peeved about it. It makes me really uncomfortable and I also do it out of respect that it might make others uncomfortable too.

Just as some people have no clue about invading people's personal body space. A couple of weeks ago I was doing interviews for a position that I supervise here at work. One of them as she was leaving commented that I looked really tired and then patted me on the back in some sort of sympathy. Sorry but aside from being unprofessional made me extremely uncomfortable as I didn't know her and don't appreciate someone touching me like that.

Satellitegirl
10-11-2011, 05:03 AM
My current pet peeve is people who go to church, so I can't help you there. LOL (southern baptists...gotta love em.)

genevieve
10-11-2011, 05:16 AM
...A couple of weeks ago I was doing interviews for a position that I supervise here at work. One of them as she was leaving commented that I looked really tired and then patted me on the back in some sort of sympathy. Sorry but aside from being unprofessional made me extremely uncomfortable as I didn't know her and don't appreciate someone touching me like that.
Someone you were interviewing to give her a job said you looked tired and patted you on the back? :eek: Not really a recipe for employment...

AxelAnnie
10-11-2011, 06:09 AM
I know all temples do it different, aty temple the memorial service is in between the afternoon service and the concluding service. Last night the Rabbi apologized for "begging" but said "I've been here 40 years, I know you all are going to leave after the memorial service is over, but can some of you please stay for the concluding service?"

Sad, our shul is full to bursting with children with gloestivks gloeing,it is so i pirational

Hedwig
10-11-2011, 05:19 PM
re toilets - my pet peeve is people who close the toilet lid in public bathrooms.
Then I have to touch one thing more in a public bathroom (which is okay in most cases but not if the restroom is gross already). Maybe it is also a sort of trauma 'cause it happened to me several times that people didn't flush after doing a No.2 but just closed the lid and then I had not only to touch something extra in an already gross restroom but also was quite close to their excrements.
Shudder.
So, please don't close your toilet lid, people. For me. Pretty please. :)

AliasJohnDoe
10-11-2011, 06:22 PM
I am so glad most men's restrooms have standing urinals with auto flushing now.

You'd think someone would have invented a standing urinal for women by now....with auto flushing of course. :lol:

Hedwig
10-11-2011, 06:33 PM
That would be great.
Le sigh.

I know people who clean public bathrooms. They said that the men's were never as disgusting as the women's could be. And that is in a discotheque with teenagers and all. I was surprised to hear that but after seeing some of the bathrooms I have been to...

euterpe
10-11-2011, 06:35 PM
re toilets - my pet peeve is people who close the toilet lid in public bathrooms.
Then I have to touch one thing more in a public bathroom (which is okay in most cases but not if the restroom is gross already). Maybe it is also a sort of trauma 'cause it happened to me several times that people didn't flush after doing a No.2 but just closed the lid and then I had not only to touch something extra in an already gross restroom but also was quite close to their excrements.
Shudder.
So, please don't close your toilet lid, people. For me. Pretty please. :)

Almost as bad: people leaving the toilet seat up. Then you have to touch it to put it back down.

At home, I always close the lid because if I don't, the dog will drink from the toilet. That is not desirable at all because my dog is an enthusiastic kisser. Maybe some people unconsciously close the lid because they have a dog or a small child who likes to play in the toilet.

Flatfoote
10-11-2011, 09:30 PM
I close the lid at home for the same reason (doggie deterrent). For the most part, I don't recall seeing public toilets with lids though. I guess I'm thinking of the multi-stalled restrooms. Perhaps the single room public toilets have the more conventional toilet with a lid.

snoopysnake
10-12-2011, 02:36 AM
Okay, here's my latest pet peeve. I admit that this will make me sound like an old fogey to many of you. I wish that at concerts where the artist and most of the audience is of a certain age, that people would stay in their seats. I understand that they want to stand and show their enthusiasm, but to remain standing for song after song is very rude to those sitting in back of them who can no longer comfortably stand for such long periods of time. Recently DH and I went to a Roger Daltrey "Tommy" performance with a wonderful animation screen that was totally blocked from my view by people standing in front of me. The concert sounded great but was ruined for me. I will NEVER get floor seats again. Why do they even bother installing chairs if people aren't willing to sit in them?

BaileyCatts
10-12-2011, 03:29 AM
^^ Oh I hate that too! Yea I know people wanna get up and dance and stuff to fast songs (and why do the 6-foot tall people ALWAYS have to be in front of me!), but can we please at least sit thru the slow songs? :shuffle: