PDA

View Full Version : Gymnastic news #6

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Rob
10-12-2011, 08:58 PM
I have nothing against cheering on your team, but endless "talking" hinders the others from their work. ;)

I am not familiar with what Legendre did, but don't the Chinese and Romanian women chatter loudly throughout their teammates' routines? I have certainly heard their cheering and loud talking on TV and video over the sound of whatever floor exercise music is playing.

mix
10-12-2011, 09:01 PM
Just saw the results.

Happy for the Japanese and American men. The US was soooooo close to Japan.

I'd like to feel happy for China, but Kai Zou is probably my least fave MAG ever. Him and Chenglong Zhang have two of the most boring piroutte high bar routines I've ever seen.

I think American men were more stable than China or Japan except Horton on vault.

gingercrush
10-12-2011, 09:10 PM
And we see more of Levya in AA and Parallel Bars Final. I like Belyavskiy and Boy as well. And since not much qualifying was showed. Maybe a few more men can show their stuff.

galaxygirl
10-12-2011, 09:11 PM
But honestly part of me really wants to see Raisman medal. I know a lot of people don't seem to like her. But to me there is something very watchable about her especially compared to Weiber.

I really hope she gets an all around medal and the gold on floor. She's my favorite of the American girls.

Fridge_Break
10-12-2011, 09:24 PM
But honestly part of me really wants to see Raisman medal. I know a lot of people don't seem to like her. But to me there is something very watchable about her especially compared to Weiber.

She has proven herself in the last 2 World Championships to be a complete rock when the pressure is on. I certainly think she deserves it.

Braulio
10-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Just saw the results.

Happy for the Japanese and American men. The US was soooooo close to Japan.

I'd like to feel happy for China, but Kai Zou is probably my least fave MAG ever. Him and Chenglong Zhang have two of the most boring piroutte high bar routines I've ever seen.

ITA

and I hope neither of them win the high bar final

and yes, this has to be one of the strongest and most good lucking team that american has ever filled, they have one guy for almost any kind of taste, from Orozco, to Naddour, Legendre and Leyva or Dalton (not forgetting Horton and Brooks)

:P

BigB08822
10-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Raisman is not nearly as offensive to the eyes as people make her out to be. The fact is that most gymnastics fans think they know it all and there has been this trend towards thinking Mustafina is THE best gymnast, all others daring to compete against her are disgusting and vomit inducing. Thank goodness Komova is also Russian and not having to compete directly with Mustafina at the moment because I don't know what would happen. The truth is that Raisman is a lot closer to Patterson than she is to Bieger but you would never know it from the comments thrown her way. I am definitely rooting for her to win the bronze, if not more.

Buzz
10-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Rodolfocrazybrazil has yet more vids from the men's TF on his channel including Orozco's SR, Khorokhodin's HB, Uchimura's VT and a couple more. :respec:

http://www.youtube.com/user/rodolfocrazybrasil#p/u/4/jODFlJUjoWc

mrinalini
10-12-2011, 09:57 PM
But to me there is something very watchable about her especially compared to Weiber.

For me it's because she's prettier. :P She's got that lovely dark look about her that makes her seem elegant when her actual gymnastics are anything but. :lol:

Wieber, no offense, gives me a tranny vibe in every pose and close-up that I've seen of her. One wouldn't think so, but that impression is actually magnified when she's not all made up.

Cloudy_Gumdrops
10-12-2011, 10:06 PM
The truth is that Raisman is a lot closer to Patterson than she is to Bieger but you would never know it from the comments thrown her way. I am definitely rooting for her to win the bronze, if not more.

People don't look on Carly fondly either because she's not a Nastia type.

I never got the Nastia love. I'd take Carly any day.

I'll gladly take Raisman winning floor if it means she keeps Lu and Tweddle from winning. Actually, the floor final is the most watchable in ages imo. The only ones I don't care for are Lu, Tweddle, and Ferrari.

Rob
10-12-2011, 10:12 PM
Raisman has a really nice long neck, she's pretty, and her lines would be a lot better if she could point her feet. The main problem for me is that her feet are so inflexible. She's got the difficulty on her good events though, and the girl is mentally tough. Great competitor.

Buzz
10-12-2011, 10:31 PM
Here is another youtuber with the entire men's TF online on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/chinesegym1

And here is the entire women's TF in one video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQkYvJub7pU&feature=feedu

Garden Kitty
10-12-2011, 10:52 PM
Clearly and emphatically the hottest men's Nat'l team the US has ever had. Nice. I usually have to go South or to Europe for my MAG oogling activities. :D

Levya = :grope: & :swoon: x 100

And that doesn't even include Brooks. :hat1:

Fergus
10-12-2011, 10:54 PM
Is there a name for the floor skill that is a handstand with the hands placed well outside the shoulders?

I haven't a clue what it is called, but I friggin' LOVE it. :swoon: :grope:

Oh and: I CALL DIBS ON DALTON! ;)

HeatherC
10-13-2011, 12:38 AM
You guys can have Legendre. I'll have Belyavskiy.

And later, Philipp Boy.

:P

I'll take Chris Brooks since he's not busy competing. ;)

Clearly and emphatically the hottest men's Nat'l team the US has ever had. Nice. I usually have to go South or to Europe for my MAG oogling activities. :D

Levya = :grope: & :swoon: x 100

And while you guys are all fighting over those guys, that leaves yummy Jake Dalton all for me. It's totally those eyes.... :swoon: :rollin: :hat1:

I'm SO proud of the US guys! :cheer: They've had a rough go as a team at Worlds the last couple of times so seeing them on the podium again (and SOOOO close to silver!) was really awesome. They know what they need to fix from this competition (bummed for Jon to miss that vault :() and I really believe they're going to contend for the medals in London next year. No US gymnast is going to go home empty handed this year! How fun and what a great thing for all of them! Go USA!! :cheer2:

Thank you Floskate for ridding us of the annoyance in this thread too! :respec: