PDA

View Full Version : Julia Lipnitskaya beats Adelina's result in a short program

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

koatcue
10-06-2011, 09:15 PM
It's just... Oh my)) her score is HUGE - 63.71 :eek:

os168
10-06-2011, 09:37 PM
YESSS! I knew it!! Julia is a special one.

I prefer her to both Adelina and Liza actually. Julia is the more complete skater with an ease and maturity around the ice that I can describe as 'a natural' at only age 13. Her potential is huge!!

They are all very different skaters too. Russia are a little spoilt for choice right now, the field is incredibly deep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5RqMCinj88 (Round 1 JGP Baltic Cup 2011)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTkj4bY1ix4 (Round 2 JGP Trofeo W.Lombardi 2011)

Jammers
10-06-2011, 09:40 PM
Only thing is she's 13 and a lot can happen between now and Sochi. Like a 5 inch growth spurt and other things. I've seen too many dynamite 13 year old's who fizzled out by they time they were 15.

Lacey
10-06-2011, 09:55 PM
Wow, just wow, reminds me of Sasha Cohen, with all the jumps.

os168
10-06-2011, 09:56 PM
Only thing is she's 13 and a lot can happen between now and Sochi. Like a 5 inch growth spurt and other things. I've seen too many dynamite 13 year old's who fizzled out by they time they were 15.

But I think there are other qualities beside her technical skills are superb and extremely rare at her age.

The expressions, the presentations, the interpretations, the use of the arms up to her fingertips, the smooth natural ease she made transitions between each elements along with the music notes, relentlessly and seamlessly are things you just can't teach. She got it all and at only age 13.

Even if if her flexibility and jumps were to suffer during the growth spurt, I think she got enough rare qualities to remain competitive. Her PCS is going to be incredible that one.

Seeing somehow Mirai were able to keep her crazy flexibility, I am hopeful for this one.

julieann
10-06-2011, 09:59 PM

That cannot be stressed enough.

Jammers
10-06-2011, 10:30 PM
It's going to be insane competition at Russian Nationals in the coming years with Lipnitskaya, Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva all going head to head. Leonova and Makarova are going to be all but forgotten.

caseyedwards
10-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Last season Leonova showed the ability to really fight for her spot and was able to get second place in the free skate over good skates by Tuktamysheva and Lipnitskaya at Russian nationals. This season it may be harder but I would not count her out. Though I am just waiting for her to be Euros and worlds as the 4th place finisher at Russian nationals.

koatcue
10-06-2011, 10:54 PM
Last season Leonova showed the ability to really fight for her spot and was able to get second place in the free skate over good skates by Tuktamysheva and Lipnitskaya at Russian nationals. This season it may be harder but I would not count her out. Though I am just waiting for her to be Euros and worlds as the 4th place finisher at Russian nationals.

But all of these girls were younger. As I can see, they are getting better and better every year:)
I wish I could see Sotnikova's test skate. They say she has 3z/3l + 3s/3l..It seems she upped her jumps' difficulty a lot

Vash01
10-06-2011, 10:55 PM
The only thing that worries me about Lipnitskaya is her name. So far no Julia has been truly successful (champion in the seniors) on the ice. Call me crazy for posting this.:lol:

Jammers
10-06-2011, 11:29 PM
On the other hand her name sounds like the Russian variation of Lipinski which can't be all bad. Just ask Tara :lol:

kia_4EverOnIce
10-06-2011, 11:33 PM
and don't forget that as a Julia (Sebestyen) she could stay around for years! :D

remembering the other thread..how realistic are young skaters, what about us? ;)

mapleleaf
10-06-2011, 11:42 PM
But all of these girls were younger. As I can see, they are getting better and better every year:)

Past is not necessarily the best prediction for the future. Puberty Monster is around the corner.

oleada
10-06-2011, 11:50 PM
Not sure if you can really compare two scores, from two different seasons....I like both girls a lot, but we will see what happens.

os168
10-06-2011, 11:54 PM
That cannot be stressed enough.

Past is not necessarily the best prediction for the future. Puberty Monster is around the corner.

Well.... neither are predictions based solely on past experiences ;)