PDA

View Full Version : Julia Lipnitskaya beats Adelina's result in a short program

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

bek
10-07-2011, 01:55 PM
I think Russian ladies skating has really got a bright future, as long as they stay healthy and don't get injured.

The scary thing is the Russians have another extremely talented Junior who will be eligible next year for Juniors. They are literally a factory there..

dinakt
10-07-2011, 02:14 PM
Lisa, Adelina, Julia are prodigies. Technical prodigies, and whoever is healthy and has the strongest nerves will be on top.
However, I find it hard to be excited about any one of them in particular. I am very excited to see how they develop, what they become. But for now their technical mastery is much ahead of their artistry, and their personalities, though clearly strong, are still developing (perfectly normal, given how young they are). I think it'll be so interesting to see the battle of not only techniques in the future ( all 3 are incredible to my non- professional eye), but also the battle of coaches, the directions that are chosen for them and they themselves choose. Until one of them comes up with her unique style, I am not ubering anybody ( Julia's incredible flexibility is a great asset, but not "a style").
For now it's easier for me to root for Korobeinikova, or even Shershak ( who I just saw for the first time), because I feel that with Volchkova the technique and presentation are developing hand-in- hand ( that will not help the girls fight for those medals right away... but to me it seems more organic)

kwanatic
10-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Something else scary is that (if they get over the puberty hump), as good as they are now, they will still improve!

Adelina's jumps are huge, she has a lovely presence on the ice, gorgeous lines...imagine her with a clean lutz, more balanced programs, better choreography and better spins...

Liza T has the best technique of any of the Russian ladies. She difficult combinations, wonderful energy and a spark to her skating...imagine her with better choreography, better posture and spins, and a freakin' triple axel...

Polina Shelepen has a statuesque presence on the ice, big difficult jumps and great spins...imagine her with more consistency and better skating skills...

The list goes on and on: Polina Agafonova, Polina Korobeynikova, Julia Lipnitskaya, Rosa Sheveleva...not to mention the ones that are still entering the ranks. It really is like a ladies singles factory in Russia now...

miki88
10-07-2011, 02:17 PM
It just to show there's no sure thing in figure skating, otherwise Michelle and Kurt would have been 2x Olympic Champions already.

I won't argue with that. :)

How about Julia? So many things can go so wrong, at the time there are so many things are already so right about her. She need good direction and mentoring, otherwise she might very well get burnt out with the way Morozov seems to push her towards more range, rather than refinement especially her basics and need to find her own style like Liza seems to have matured and developed.

I picked her as most improved skater from last season. Last year, I was only impressed by her flexibility, but this year, I see that she has polished up her basics. But I have to say I'm not sure about Morozov being her choreographer. In recent years, the only Morozov programs I liked were the ones he did for Daisuke. And Dai was smart enough to leave him in the end. ;)

shine
10-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Lisa, Adelina, Julia are prodigies. Technical prodigies, and whoever is healthy and has the strongest nerves will be on top.
However, I find it hard to be excited about any one of them in particular. I am very excited to see how they develop, what they become. But for now their technical mastery is much ahead of their artistry, and their personalities, though clearly strong, are still developing (perfectly normal, given how young they are). I think it'll be so interesting to see the battle of not only techniques in the future ( all 3 are incredible to my non- professional eye), but also the battle of coaches, the directions that are chosen for them and they themselves choose. Until one of them comes up with her unique style, I am not ubering anybody ( Julia's incredible flexibility is a great asset, but not "a style").
For now it's easier for me to root for Korobeinikova, or even Shershak ( who I just saw for the first time), because I feel that with Volchkova the technique and presentation are developing hand-in- hand ( that will not help the girls fight for those medals right away... but to me it seems more organic)

What you said! :)

kwanatic
10-07-2011, 02:42 PM

Is that Viktoria Volchkova?

bek
10-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Is that Viktoria Volchkova?

Yes. Viktoria is shaping up to be an amazing coach. She may turn out to be a better coach than skater. And Viktoria was quite the skater. In terms of jumps, basic skating skills... Whats stunning is how strong her young skaters are in areas she herself was weak at. Posture, presentation, its clear Viktoria stresses this as a coach if you see her students. Hopefully eventually she'll have a star. The Russians are really lucky to have such a young talented coach.

kwanatic
10-07-2011, 03:01 PM
Yes. Viktoria is shaping up to be an amazing coach. She may turn out to be a better coach than skater. And Viktoria was quite the skater. In terms of jumps, basic skating skills... Whats stunning is how strong her young skaters are in areas she herself was weak at. Posture, presentation, its clear Viktoria stresses this as a coach if you see her students. Hopefully eventually she'll have a star. The Russians are really lucky to have such a young talented coach.

I thought so. ;)

Yeah, Viktoria was a wonderful jumper, but her style was also very nice too. She was a nice skater to watch. I always preferred her style of skating over Irina's. :D Who else is she coaching?

oleada
10-07-2011, 03:05 PM
Volchkova's students (that I can think of right now) are Sofia Biryukova, Polina Korobeynikova, Anna Shershak, Nikita Mikhailov, and Ekaterina Frolova.

os168
10-07-2011, 03:17 PM
Yeah I agree about Polina Korobeinikova, she has a lovely graceful mature quality (style resembles Viktoria) that is different from the Adelina, Liza, Julia. Russia is really spoilt for choice, one for every style preference. We just need a Russian Daisuke (And no, alena does not qualify) and the set is complete.

kwanatic
10-07-2011, 03:55 PM
We just need a Russian Daisuke (And no, alena does not qualify) and the set is complete.

:lol::lol::lol:

Fashionista
10-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Ovcharova?

Louise
10-07-2011, 10:43 PM
Huge fan of Lipnitskaya here. She has amazing flexibility, does all the jumps, and last year I was blown away by her. It has been such a nice development to see that she is even better this year in terms of SS and presentation. I wish she'd stop lifting her leg up to the sky every chance she can, since choreographically it does get monotonous. But that's just a nitpick. I have a feeling she is inspired by Sasha Cohen, hence her music choices. But I also noticed a change in her posture, her commitment to her program, etc. I bet she will turn into Sasha Cohen with consistent jumps. I'm calling it right now, she is the next Olympic gold medalist. I also wouldn't rule out a sweep of the Oly medals by the Russians. Mao cannot seem to skate cleanly on any predictable basis, and other faves like Nagasu just can't seem to put it out there under any sort of pressure.

I hope Julia develops into the best skater she is capable of becoming. She really is a gem. I'd hold those flexy moves for more than a second and make them less frequent so that they actually mean something. But really, I could not have wanted more from her this season after following her the last two years. She's paying attention to the music and how she presents herself, and her jumps have only gotten bigger. I don't like her 2axel technique, it's basically a Lipinski whip, but if she can keep that consistent then good for her.

senorita
10-08-2011, 12:41 AM
She is uber flexible and probably I shouldnt be impressed only by that since it is not a skating thing, cause so are the rhythmic gymnastics girls and even more, but I am, mostly because apart from flexibility her spins are ultra fast, I think that is the most impressive.
And I m waiting for Radionova to go to juniors next season!:swoon:

Aussie Willy
10-08-2011, 02:02 AM
So what are they doing in Russia at the moment to be suddenly producing such amazing young skaters? Are they investing money into the sport? Are they doing talent identification? Or is it just a coincidence that the right skaters have come along at the right time?