PDA

View Full Version : China - The new force in singles?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14

VarBar
06-16-2012, 07:14 AM
I am a softie when it comes to the Dark Eyes music but I do think that's a nice piece of choreography and I'm sure Zijun's program will look better and better over the season.:)

Ziggy
06-16-2012, 04:22 PM
Zijun Li's new SP dark eye
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDE0MDI2MTE2.html

Thank you.

Choreography is decent enough unfortunately she just seems to be going through the motions. Somebody really needs to work on her performance skills.

feraina
06-17-2012, 09:40 PM
Choreography is decent enough unfortunately she just seems to be going through the motions. Somebody really needs to work on her performance skills.

She only got her choreography the week before the show! Maybe give her a chance to grow into her program first? :shuffle:

I'm surprised she's skating it as well as she is. A lot of the choreographic details are already in there, it's just a matter of getting it more polished and including the elements. I for one think this program is great for her! :swoon: The perfect vehicle to introduce her to senior skating.

Ziggy
06-17-2012, 11:18 PM
It looks polished already and the program has quite a lot of detail in terms of upper body movement.

The problem is: She is skating it with a blank face and has hardly any presence and charisma. :/

Macassar88
06-17-2012, 11:24 PM
It looks polished already and the program has quite a lot of detail in terms of upper body movement.

The problem is: She is skating it with a blank face and has hardly any presence and charisma. :/

Agree with the diagnosis of the problem but I think it will improve with time. It's often very difficult to emote or express hen you aren't completely comfortable with the choreo.
Also the rink was rectangular which makes things different in terms of positioning and comfort

luCN
06-18-2012, 07:09 AM
Zijun Li's EX(It's a instrument version of a famous chinese song <saga>)
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDE1MTg2NTU2.html

shine
06-18-2012, 07:20 AM
Thank you.

Doesn't look polished to me at all at this point. I think the choreography has potential and would be a great vehicle for her style and hides her weaknesses to some degree. I can see how this program could bring out the charisma in her. But she really needs to feel the music and learn a sense of dance, which is vital for skating to folk music.

Marco
06-18-2012, 07:58 AM
Doesn't look polished to me at all at this point. I think the choreography has potential and would be a great vehicle for her style and hides her weaknesses to some degree. I can see how this program could bring out the charisma in her. But she really needs to feel the music and learn a sense of dance, which is vital for skating to folk music.

That sums up the problem for almost all Chinese singles skaters.

Besides Lu Chen and Li Chengjiang, almost all other singles skaters from China in the past struggled with their basic skating. Jumps were their sole focus. Their crossovers were always laboured and inefficient. Their postures were horrible. They couldn't spin. There was practically no time / chance to focus on choreography, musicality and projection. I mean, Zhang Min would land 3 quads and still only placed 15th at the SLC Olympic free. Liu Yan would be quite clean and still scored at Mira Leung level at the 2006 Olympics.

It's not until very recently that we have a bunch of talented skaters who seem to balance basics and jumps reasonably well (Yan Han, Song Nan, He Zhang, Zhang Kexin, Li Zijun) and who can handle the added challenge of choreography, musicality and projection on top of skating on edges and landing jumps. If the Federation would just invest in them like they did with the pairs, and send them to foreign choreographers, I am sure the singles program will become quite strong soon.

spikydurian
06-18-2012, 08:56 AM
Just read that 2014-2015 Worlds will be held in China? If so, I wouldn't be surprised if they plan their juniors to peak towards post Sochi so that they have a chance to podium in China?

Marco
06-18-2012, 09:57 AM
Just read that 2014-2015 Worlds will be held in China? If so, I wouldn't be surprised if they plan their juniors to peak towards post Sochi so that they have a chance to podium in China?

I am guessing that means P&T will have to stay one more season after Sochi :eek:

feraina
06-18-2012, 07:07 PM
I am guessing that means P&T will have to stay one more season after Sochi :eek:

Hmm, their bodies may give out even if their minds are willing.

iceflame
06-30-2012, 06:32 AM
I don't know if anyone has post here.
Han Yan and Zhang He is now at lake arrowhead for a short training. No clues about whom they are working with, but this should be a good opportunity for these young men. They will perform at the Ice Castle Summer Show tomorrow. Wish someone would take the video though it is unlikely to happen:(

Photo of Yan, Zhang with Nathen chen and other skaters (http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/76ad8596jw1dudtjdk3spj.jpg)

Sylvia
06-30-2012, 02:11 PM
Photo of Yan, Zhang with Nathen chen and other skaters (http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/76ad8596jw1dudtjdk3spj.jpg)
The "other skaters" (L to R) are Mimi Chindasook (THA), Andrew Gonzales (USA), Daisuke Murakami (JPN), and Jonathan Cassar (USA).

whispering
06-30-2012, 02:39 PM
The "other skaters" (L to R) are Mimi Chindasook (THA), Andrew Gonzales (USA), Daisuke Murakami (JPN), and Jonathan Cassar (USA).

I was told the girl is Karen Zhou.And the guy in blue looks more like Tatsuki Machida

Sylvia
06-30-2012, 02:49 PM
I was told the girl is Karen Zhou.And the guy in blue looks more like Tatsuki Machida
Those two were tagged as Chindasook and Murakami on Facebook. On which Chinese website did this photo appear?