PDA

View Full Version : 10 month old abducted from crib

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

judiz
10-04-2011, 10:45 PM
A ten month old girl was abducted from her crib during the night in Kansas, MO.
Ten-month-old Lisa Irwin was last seen by her mother, at at 10:30 p.m. The child was discovered missing by her father at 4 a.m. when he returned home from work. An amber alert has been issued.Lisa has blue eyes and blond hair, is 30 inches tall and weighs 26 to 30 pounds. She was last seen wearing purple shorts and a purple shirt with white kittens on it, police said. The child has two bottom teeth and a beauty mark on her right outer thigh. Her parents said she also has a cold with a cough. Anyone with information should call 816-
474-8477.
I can't link the story but if you google missing ten month old, Lisa's picture will be in the story.

Prayers she is found safe.

Civic
10-04-2011, 10:51 PM
I can't imagine anything more horrible. You put your baby to bed for the night in her own bed, in her own home only to have someone kidnap her in the middle of the night. Those poor people.

Vash01
10-04-2011, 11:00 PM
How awfully sad and shocking!:(

I hope they find the baby soon. I can't imagine what the parents must be going through. Why do people do such terrible things to other people?

MikiAndoFan#1
10-04-2011, 11:34 PM
:wuzrobbed How horrible. I can't even imagine how the parents must be feeling. :( Here's the story (http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/local_news/amber-alert-issued-for-missing-10-month-old-girl-in-kcmo). What a beautiful baby.

Lynn226
10-05-2011, 01:22 AM
I live near where the abduction took place. The Amber Alert is the crawl on every station. The fire department was brought in to repel down a hillside near her home and no significant evidence was found.

Update: The Amber Alert was just canceled, but Lisa is still missing.

Local coverage:

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15611288/police-10-month-old-girl-abducted?redirected=true

milanessa
10-05-2011, 01:46 AM
Why would the Amber alert be canceled? I can think of scenarios where that would happen but they don't seem to apply here.

Kasey
10-05-2011, 02:30 AM
There are specific guidelines for Amber alerts.

http://www.amberalert.gov/guidelines.htm

Perhaps they feel based on new information that it is not a serious threat to the child (i.e., evidence a family member took her?), or that it is not an "abduction" (again, perhaps a family member) or some other new info that made them cancel it?

milanessa
10-05-2011, 04:02 AM
Perhaps they feel based on new information that it is not a serious threat to the child (i.e., evidence a family member took her?), or that it is not an "abduction" (again, perhaps a family member) or some other new info that made them cancel it?

Yeah, those are some of the scenarios I think would lead to canceling it but the article didn't hint at any of that. Of course the police might be closemouthed about the reason - they probably should be.

Here's hoping she's found safe and sound.

Lacey
10-05-2011, 04:20 AM
As a parent, I cannot imagine having my child kidnapped.

numbers123
10-05-2011, 04:39 AM
Here's hoping she's found safe and sound.

But I don't think that this is the likely outcome :(

I am hoping that she is found safe and sound too.

myhoneyhoney
10-07-2011, 02:54 AM
supposedly the parents are no longer cooperating. Why?!
the ABC article regarding this (http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/search-missing-mo-girl-generates-frustration-14679419)

milanessa
10-07-2011, 03:20 AM
Maybe the police are pressing them hard. There was a similar case in Florida 5 or 6 years ago (maybe more) and the police concentrated so hard on the parents that they stopped cooperating, too.

judiz
10-07-2011, 03:33 AM
I think the parents lost faith in the police after they closed down the command center and canceled the Amber Alert. Maybe the FBI needs to come in (even though there's no proof the baby was taken out of state). The thought that someone they know or trusted could have taken their daughter has to make the parents suspicious of everyone.

numbers123
10-07-2011, 05:07 AM
It seems to me if the cell phones were taken (and that is my understanding), the police would have a GPS reading on them. Maybe they know something more than they are saying or the parents are involved.

I misplaced my purse a couple of Sundays ago and my husband was pretty accurate in finding where it was, even to the direction (north) that my purse was facing. If my phone could be found like that, I would think that their phones could be too

milanessa
10-07-2011, 05:11 AM
It seems to me if the cell phones were taken (and that is my understanding), the police would have a GPS reading on them. Maybe they know something more than they are saying or the parents are involved.

I misplaced my purse a couple of Sundays ago and my husband was pretty accurate in finding where it was, even to the direction (north) that my purse was facing. If my phone could be found like that, I would think that their phones could be too

Does that work if they're turned off?