PDA

View Full Version : Will Evan Lysacek compete at Skate America?

Pages : [1] 2

haribobo
10-04-2011, 02:12 PM
What do y'all think?

toddlj
10-04-2011, 03:15 PM
I hope Carriere has blocked off that weekend for his last-minute call.

DimaToe
10-04-2011, 03:35 PM
I don't think he will :shuffle: I just wish that he wouldn't have gone through the trouble of being put on the GP, and given another skater the opportunity of being prepared for SA, instead of having to get ready at the last minute.

olifaunt
10-04-2011, 03:59 PM
I don't think he will :shuffle: I just wish that he wouldn't have gone through the trouble of being put on the GP, and given another skater the opportunity of being prepared for SA, instead of having to get ready at the last minute.

My thoughts exactly. I hope he doesn't make up his mind to drop out two days before the competition starts.

attyfan
10-04-2011, 04:00 PM
Is there a deadline by which Evan needs to withdraw?

SkateFan66
10-04-2011, 04:52 PM
What do y'all think?

It depends on how his left leg injury is healing. He was in a full leg brace a few weeks ago. I am sure that his potential replacement has been on stand by since Evan's injury.

Jammers
10-04-2011, 05:50 PM
What happened to Evan? When did he get injured?

briancoogaert
10-04-2011, 08:25 PM
NO, he will pull out and leave us all in a sequin void! :lol:

yunasashafan
10-04-2011, 09:04 PM
NO, he will pull out and leave us all in a sequin void! :lol:

More like a BLACK void :P

sorry.. couldn't resist :D

and no, I think he will pull out.

olympic
10-05-2011, 06:42 PM
He's gone 'wobbly' in his latest interview re his participation at SA and Nats. I'm sorry I don't have a link, but it was in another recent Evan thread. It was also mentioned that he was in a leg brace that I'm assuming was probably not too serious because there are no other follow-ups to that report.

I hope he either 1) participates and does well or 2) decides to hang up his competitive skates. There are a plethora of up and coming Men who can do without having spots taken and then relinquished at the last moment [I'm saying this as an Evan fan]

ETA - In the chance EL withdraws, could it be Razzano if he does well at Finlandia?

SkateFan66
10-05-2011, 07:31 PM
He's gone 'wobbly' in his latest interview re his participation at SA and Nats. I'm sorry I don't have a link, but it was in another recent Evan thread. It was also mentioned that he was in a leg brace that I'm assuming was probably not too serious because there are no other follow-ups to that report.

I hope he either 1) participates and does well or 2) decides to hang up his competitive skates. There are a plethora of up and coming Men who can do without having spots taken and then relinquished at the last moment [I'm saying this as an Evan fan]

ETA - In the chance EL withdraws, could it be Razzano if he does well at Finlandia?

Evan's leg injury does not appear to be major; however, we do not know how much training time that he had to miss because of the injury. (If it was a major injury, he would have already WD from Skate America). Evan was wearing a full leg brace the week of September 12th. However, he was out of the leg brace when he made a speech at the USOC summit on September 23. The injury can explain Evan's comments to Hersh on 9/23 that he was not ready to commit to Skate America.

If the injury is fully healed, then I believe that Evan will compete at Skate America.

LilJen
10-05-2011, 08:00 PM
More like a BLACK void :P

sorry.. couldn't resist :D

and no, I think he will pull out.

Exactly. No sequin void, as he eschews the decorative type of costuming. . . Hope he's healing up well, but I don't think he'll compete.

toddlj
10-05-2011, 08:48 PM
We likely won't know until the last minute; they will want to keep him on the roster as long as possible because he is a ticket-sales draw.

Patzeez
10-06-2011, 02:37 AM

Like so many of us I admire Evan and his skating and am so proud of his wonderful accomplishment of bringing the men's Oly championship back to the U.S. after so many years. However, I agree that he has had his day in the sun (which he well deserves) and it is time to make way for our up-and-coming American men.

nubka
10-06-2011, 03:07 AM
I do think we will see him back at some point, but not at Skate America.