PDA

View Full Version : Will Evan Lysacek compete at Skate America?

Pages : 1 [2]

Jenna
10-06-2011, 04:55 AM
I do think we will see him back at some point, but not at Skate America.

Agreed. Evan will be back, I'm sure of it. I just don't know if this is the time.

judgejudy27
10-06-2011, 05:00 AM
I dont think his comeback was anything more than a publicity stunt anyway. It will never happen, so obviously no he wont compete at Skate America.

Jenna
10-06-2011, 05:09 AM
I dont think his comeback was anything more than a publicity stunt anyway. It will never happen, so obviously no he wont compete at Skate America.

Yeah. I guess he's just training quads for no reason. :P

judgejudy27
10-06-2011, 05:15 AM
Yeah. I guess he's just training quads for no reason. :P

He might be testing himself to see if he is any shape to compete, but the reality is already setting in that is not the case, and it is pointless to leave his great touring life with Olympic and World title aleady in his pocket, just to try and finish 7th at the next Olympics and diminish his reputation to the U.S public, while pushing 30 on a beat up body competing against people who skated at a level far beyond what he ever did (eg- Chan).

t.mann
10-06-2011, 05:40 AM
I do think we will see him back at some point, but not at Skate America.

my thought too.
maybe Nationals. (like Sasha)

julianaqtpi
10-08-2011, 06:27 AM
Evan is one of my skating idols, but I still have my doubts on whether or not he'll compete. I'm hoping he will, obviously, but I would rather have him pull out last minute then do badly and embarrass himself on his great comeback.

tiredout
10-13-2011, 11:39 PM
He might be testing himself to see if he is any shape to compete, but the reality is already setting in that is not the case, and it is pointless to leave his great touring life with Olympic and World title aleady in his pocket, just to try and finish 7th at the next Olympics and diminish his reputation to the U.S public, while pushing 30 on a beat up body competing against people who skated at a level far beyond what he ever did (eg- Chan).

I don't think that there is anything wrong with Evan going for another Olympics,win or lose. If you recall, Brian Boitano and Viktor Petrenko did it in 1994. Brian messed up, the first time I think I ever saw him mess up, and came in 6th place, but it certainly didn't ruin his overall career. Evan has said he loves to train and compete and it is the place he is the happiest. He is not the happiest touring and meeting with sponsors as he did last year. He knows what the reality of competing will be. He can only do his best as he has always done. US skating is hurting without Evan and needs to earn our three places back at Worlds. The younger men coming up aren't competitive enough yet with the big guns, and that includes Jeremy Abbott. I do have hope for Richard Dornbush who seems to be more consistent. But I have a lot of hope in Evan who has always been consistent, has the mental toughness, and the skills needed for good results.

inthemiddle
10-14-2011, 11:47 PM
Evan is out of SA
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20111014&content_id=25657870&vkey=ice_news

Maofan7
10-15-2011, 09:06 AM
Evan is out of SA
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20111014&content_id=25657870&vkey=ice_news

Real shame

Ella-skater
11-11-2011, 07:23 PM
He definitely is one of the greatest, his technique is neat! and I think he proved that last Olympics http://www.olympic.org/figure-skating-individual-men