PDA

View Full Version : Amanda Knox Verdict Today

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

AragornElessar
10-03-2011, 11:17 PM
Thank Goodness!!

My Brother in Law, who was born and raised in Italy, said from Day One this was nothing more than yet another major screw up on the part of the Italian Police and Justic System. He and I have talked about this case often over the last four years and as he said to me last year, there will never be true Justice in this case due to just how corrupt the "system" over there is.

I have never believed that Amanda and her bf had anything to do w/the murder of Meredith and for the reasons that many have already stated here in the thread today. As Beefcake has already said, this girl and her bf were railroaded by the Italian legal system.

I feel so sorry for Meredith's Family, as from statements made the last few days, they wanted a different outcome today. Even w/the scientific evidence proving otherwise. I can't even begin to imagine the pain they have been through and continue to go through over the loss of Meredith, but how would upholding two "convictions" that were obtained in such a shoddy and unethical manner be Justice?

AFAIC, Justice has never really been anywhere near this sad mess. Meredith's Family have lost a member of their Family. Amanda and her bf have lost four years of their lives, not to mention their names and reputations literally shredded to microscopic pieces, thanks to the corrupt state the Italian system is. Not to mention the impact all of this has had on their Familes.

While I'm beyond happy and relieved Amanda and her bf are free, my overall feeling is of great sadness. No one really won in all of this.

allezfred
10-03-2011, 11:25 PM
Never judge a person from her/his face. You only see what your biases allow you to.

Biases are right a lot of the time. Eyes are windows to the soul etc innit.

cruisin
10-03-2011, 11:25 PM
AragornElessar - well said.

cruisin
10-03-2011, 11:26 PM
Biases are right a lot of the time. Eyes are windows to the soul etc innit.

Do you really believe that you can look into someone's eyes and determine whether they are good or bad? How does one acquire such magical powers?

Vash01
10-03-2011, 11:27 PM
Whether or not you find it disgusting, there are many people in the US, Italy and other places that think that Amanda was (is) a spoiled little bitch. And although not actually said by mainstream media, there were many comments over the years that implied she was immature and acting in an entitled manner.

We are talking of justice here! Whether someone is a spoiled b* or not, no one deserves to be convicted of a major crime without indisputable evidence. It's just like no one deserves to be murdered.

kia_4EverOnIce
10-03-2011, 11:27 PM
I'm considerably older than 20, but I'm not sure how coherent I would be after 14 hours of police interrogation. As I posted earlier, I have never read any of the transcripts from that, so I don't know exactly what/how her "accusation" of Lumumba consisted of.

me too, I'm not sure how coherent I would be after that, but a thing is being confused, a thing is directly accusing of murder an innocent man.

I just googled very quickl, but that's about the "accusations" http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/4947793/Amanda-Knox-sued-by-Patrick-Lumumba.html

Vash01
10-03-2011, 11:30 PM
AragornElessar - well said.

I second that.

BigB08822
10-03-2011, 11:33 PM
I still fail to see how it was Knox's fault for saying who she thought may have killed her roommate when she was asked. Did she need to say "he did it, he killed her?" No, but this is but one girl who claimed SHE WAS NOT PRESENT at the murder. Why would they take her word as gospel in the first place? The blame should fall on the Italian police for running with what she said and arresting a man before checking all the facts. Had they done that, they would have only questioned him at best and never arrested him. It isn't Amanda's fault that she answered their question and they believed her 100%. The police did not do their job. I can say that I would have certainly thought long and hard about who did murder my friend, especially if I was being accused. I would give them 10 names to look into if I thought even one of them might have a .01% chance of being the killer. I think the people who hold this action against her are assuming her guilt and that does make it hard to swallow but let's assume her innocence for a moment (after all, she was just acquitted) and it suddenly doesn't seem so hard to understand.

allezfred
10-03-2011, 11:35 PM
Do you really believe that you can look into someone's eyes and determine whether they are good or bad?

We all judge based on the expression on peoples faces and their body language and anybody who says they don't is lying.

How does one acquire such magical powers?

Be me. :D

skatingfan5
10-03-2011, 11:45 PM
me too, I'm not sure how coherent I would be after that, but a thing is being confused, a thing is directly accusing of murder an innocent man.

I just googled very quickl, but that's about the "accusations" http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/4947793/Amanda-Knox-sued-by-Patrick-Lumumba.htmlI still haven't read anything that purports to be a transcript of the police interrogation of Knox. I wonder why even this report says that she "allegedly started crying" and told the officer that Lumumba killed Meredith.
Last week the court heard that Miss Knox, who worked part-time as a waitress in Mr Lumumba's pub, pointed the blamed at him after police asked her to provide the names and telephone numbers of Miss Kercher's friends. Scrolling through the contacts list on her mobile phone, she reached that of Mr Lumumba and allegedly started crying, telling a police officer: "It was him, it was him, he was crazy, he killed her."

BigB08822
10-03-2011, 11:48 PM
I've always imagined that Knox recommended they look into Lumumba and the media completely contrived that into her accusing him of murder. It is a shame she already was sued and lost. I agree he deserves payment since he lost everything but it should come from the Italian police and the Italian media! I just hope Amanda comes home and she tells her side of the story because I think there will be many shocking things coming from her mouth. I hope she is paid handsomely for her stories so she can pay what she owes and start her life over.

Vash01
10-03-2011, 11:56 PM
We all judge based on the expression on peoples faces and their body language and anybody who says they don't is lying.

Be me. :D

That's why we have the court system to look at actual evidence before giving a verdict. They may not be right 100% of the time, but it is still better than judging people from their faces and (perceived) body language.

Rob
10-04-2011, 12:00 AM
Interesting, I read in a couple of different articles that the police were questioning her about her phone messages. Lumumba had texted her to say she didn't have to come to work because it was slow. She texted back using the wrong Italian idiom for "see you later" which the police took literally -- meaning they had some plan to meet later that night. They kept pressing her on it. After hours of this, she eventually said she saw him go into Meredith's room and heard Meredith screaming. She claims she did this because she was being mistreated by the police (the subject of another defamation lawsuit against her and her parents as well) and she tried to recant.

allezfred
10-04-2011, 12:03 AM
That's why we have the court system to look at actual evidence before giving a verdict. They may not be right 100% of the time, but it is still better than judging people from their faces and (perceived) body language.

Well, I never advocated that the court system operated that way. I was just stating a personal opinion. ;)

Angelskates
10-04-2011, 12:06 AM
:cheer2: justice was served for Knox. I hope it will be/is also served for Merideth. Will Amanda get compensation for the jail time she served?