PDA

View Full Version : Amanda Knox Verdict Today

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

skatingfan5
10-03-2011, 10:28 PM
:yikes: That's a scary statement by the prosecutor. It just goes to show the lack of any evidence in this case!Lack of evidence and lack of any real motive, save for the most far-fetched ones.

I agree with milanessa in thinking that it is unlikely that the prosecution will appeal this up to the supreme court. As for Sollecito, perhaps he will want to change his name and start anew. It definitely seems as though it might be harder for him, even though the entire focus of the prosecution on this case seems to have been Amanda Knox, with Raffael as little more than an afterthought. He was barely mentioned during the appeal trial phase.

Rob
10-03-2011, 10:35 PM
Yes, sorry, I know you didn't mention double jeopardy. But you said you didn't think they would re-try her. That is not the impression I got from the statements the prosecutor made.

^^Bloomberg

The appeal they mention is an appeal to Italy's highest court (like our Supreme Court). I read that it does not reinterpret the evidence, but instead reviews the interpretation and application of law. So the Supreme Court appeal would not amount to a long re-trial for the third time -- it would be a shorter legal review before judges.

BigB08822
10-03-2011, 10:41 PM
And I can't help the fact that her face screams to me entitled brat. I imagined she's learned quite a bit from the experience if nothing else.

This is disgusting. :rolleyes:

heckles
10-03-2011, 10:47 PM
Maybe Amanda and Casey Anthony can be roommates.

michiruwater
10-03-2011, 10:50 PM
Amanda's situation and Casey's are totally different.

Jenna
10-03-2011, 10:51 PM

'tis.

Why am I not surprised...:blah:

Vash01
10-03-2011, 10:51 PM
Maybe Amanda and Casey Anthony can be roommates.

That's just silly.
There is no connection between the two trials.

numbers123
10-03-2011, 10:56 PM

Whether or not you find it disgusting, there are many people in the US, Italy and other places that think that Amanda was (is) a spoiled little bitch. And although not actually said by mainstream media, there were many comments over the years that implied she was immature and acting in an entitled manner.

Vash01
10-03-2011, 11:03 PM
Whether or not you find it disgusting, there are many people in the US, Italy and other places that think that Amanda was (is) a spoiled little bitch. And although not actually said by mainstream media, there were many comments over the years that implied she was immature and acting in an entitled manner.

In the context of what happened to her, that comment was disgusting, particularly saying that it's based on her face.

cruisin
10-03-2011, 11:05 PM
We'll see - I don't think they will.

Hopefully, Comodi will be told to drop it. Otherwise, I think he's just out for blood, and saving his reputation.

skatingfan5
10-03-2011, 11:07 PM
Whether or not you find it disgusting, there are many people in the US, Italy and other places that think that Amanda was (is) a spoiled little bitch. And although not actually said by mainstream media, there were many comments over the years that implied she was immature and acting in an entitled manner.I don't know much about her background, except what I've read online from various sources online (including her local paper, which presumably could have their own bias). I guess she could well have been spoiled -- perhaps her parents were over-compensating because of their divorce? At any rate, she evidently made the Dean's List at college and had worked 3 jobs to save money for her year abroad. Not that any of that negates the possibility that she was/is a "spoiled little bitch." Others posting here seem to have more direct and personal knowledge about Amanda Knox than I do.

numbers123
10-03-2011, 11:07 PM
In the context of what happened to her, that comment was disgusting, particularly saying that it's based on her face.

I read it as facial expressions not her face, :shrug:

kia_4EverOnIce
10-03-2011, 11:09 PM
I haven't followed this case very closely, but if Amanda is completely innocent, than why did she accuse an innocent?
The USA have death penalty, I'm not sure I would ever go there, you know, just in case...

I agree completely with that.

And telling she was basically a child and under pressure it's not an excuse to plead her innocence, since she was 20y.o. and I think at that age she would have been as an adult everywhere.

BTW, she would leave for the US tomorrow morning.

skatingfan5
10-03-2011, 11:12 PM
And telling she was basically a child and under pressure it's not an excuse to plead her innocence, since she was 20y.o. and I think at that age she would have been as an adult everywhere.I'm considerably older than 20, but I'm not sure how coherent I would be after 14 hours of police interrogation. As I posted earlier, I have never read any of the transcripts from that, so I don't know exactly what/how her "accusation" of Lumumba consisted of.

Louise
10-03-2011, 11:15 PM
I feel much much better now. Girl needs to fasttrack her way out now. I did alot of reading on this case. It's still not clear that she falsely accused the other guy or that her not up-to-snuff Italian was completely interpreted differently than she meant.

As for falsely confessing, this is a real phenomenon. When you are isolated, refused food/drink/restroom people do sometimes wrongly confess. Still not sure that is what happened.

I can only imagine how I would have acted if I were in her place. Foreign country, little grasp of the language and no clue of legal process there. What a nightmare.

I feel justice was served. Still feel sorry for the victim and her family.