PDA

View Full Version : Amanda Knox Verdict Today

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Rob
10-03-2011, 09:53 PM
I read that Amanda's passport expired while she was in prison so she will have to get it renewed before she can leave. I don't think she could get it renewed while she was in prison.

Vash01
10-03-2011, 09:53 PM
I'd hope I'd know better than to falsely accuse someone of murder. We can use youth as an excuse, but she was a university student, not a six year old. Surely old enough to know between right and wrong.

And I can't help the fact that her face screams to me entitled brat. I imagined she's learned quite a bit from the experience if nothing else.

Never judge a person from her/his face. You only see what your biases allow you to.

victorskid
10-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Regarding leaving Italy - they said on CNN that her passport had expired during the time she's been incarcerated. That could be a little problematic as Rob noted above.

taf2002
10-03-2011, 09:59 PM
I'm sure the Amer Embassy there will take care of that little problem for her.

milanessa
10-03-2011, 10:02 PM
Yeah, I had my passport stolen in Germany once and it took about 13 minutes to get a new one at the Consulate.

Jenna
I'm happy she was acquitted because I never, ever thought she was guilty based on the evidence presented. I'll never forget the TV interviews with her parents, so sad. I hope they can all move on with life now.

cruisin
I don't understand your quoting me along with your comment. I never talked about double jeopardy.

Yes, sorry, I know you didn't mention double jeopardy. But you said you didn't think they would re-try her. That is not the impression I got from the statements the prosecutor made.

Prosecutor Manuela Comodi in a Sept. 24 closing statement denied that the experts’ findings had weakened the case and argued that Knox and Sollecito’s sentences should be extended to life terms.
“Even setting aside the scientific evidence, the outcome of this case cannot be anything less” than the confirmation of the sentences, she said. Comodi also told news agency Ansa that, in case of an acquittal, the prosecution would appeal. In Italy, both prosecutors and defendants can appeal verdicts.
^^Bloomberg

rfisher
I read that Amanda's passport expired while she was in prison so she will have to get it renewed before she can leave. I don't think she could get it renewed while she was in prison.

I think I'd jump in the Mediterranean and start swimming if necessary.

milanessa
10-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Yes, sorry, I know you didn't mention double jeopardy. But you said you didn't think they would re-try her. That is not the impression I got from the statements the prosecutor made.

^^Bloomberg

We'll see - I don't think they will.

Beefcake
10-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Prosecutor Manuela Comodi in a Sept. 24 closing statement
“Even setting aside the scientific evidence, the outcome of this case cannot be anything less” than the confirmation of the sentences, she said. Comodi also told news agency Ansa that, in case of an acquittal, the prosecution would appeal. In Italy, both prosecutors and defendants can appeal verdicts.
OMG. :scream: :scream: :scream:

I know we, as a collective here, tend to WTF results of verdicts here*, but if a prosecutor ever said something like that, they'd be railroaded out of office. And rightfully so!

*(though most of the time it's :drama: on suspect acquitals ... IMO infinitely better than prosecutors driving for false convictions.)

duane
10-03-2011, 10:12 PM
I am so happy for Amanda, her boyfriend, and their families. The initial convictions were jokes.

Lacey
10-03-2011, 10:13 PM
I hope she writes a bestseller to pay off her legal fees and the costs of her family, the latter have been so supportive.

skatingfan5
10-03-2011, 10:21 PM
Regarding leaving Italy - they said on CNN that her passport had expired during the time she's been incarcerated. That could be a little problematic as Rob noted above.I have a feeling that the U.S. embassy will be more than willing to expedite a new passport for her.

ETA: Just now saw taf's post which renders mine redundant. That's what I get for submitting something that I started typing, was interrupted for quite a while, and then hit "submit" without refreshing the thread. :o

sk9tingfan
10-03-2011, 10:22 PM
I am so happy for Amanda, her boyfriend, and their families. The initial convictions were jokes.

At least she gets to leave Italy behind. Her boyfriend, as an Italian, will be remaining behind to face unwelcome repercussions associated with this. I feel badly for him.

Jenna
10-03-2011, 10:25 PM
OMG. :scream: :scream: :scream:

I know we, as a collective here, tend to WTF results of verdicts here*, but if a prosecutor ever said something like that, they'd be railroaded out of office. And rightfully so!

*(though most of the time it's :drama: on suspect acquitals ... IMO infinitely better than prosecutors driving for false convictions.)

:yikes:

That's a scary statement by the prosecutor. It just goes to show the lack of any evidence in this case!