PDA

View Full Version : Amanda Knox Verdict Today

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31

BigB08822
02-16-2012, 07:49 PM
Does she get most of that money? I hope so. I will be buying the book, for sure.

cruisin
02-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Not a sympathetic figure? :confused:

allezfred
02-16-2012, 08:14 PM
Not a sympathetic figure? :confused:

To some people.

Beefcake
02-16-2012, 08:32 PM
Wow, Guinevere's post was full of infuriating stuff that I've not read, changing my view from "there enough reasonable doubt to declare Knox not guilty" to "holy shit! Knox was definitely railroaded, and is innocent!".

- The eyewitness who saw them around the time of the murder near the house: He said he remembered them and clearly remembered a bus ready to take the university students to the clubs. Problem is, the night of the murder was a stat holiday in Italy and the buses weren't running and the clubs were closed. So the dates were clearly messed up. Also, this eyewitness is a "serial" witness and has testified in two other murder trials for the prosecutor. While being under investigation for dealing heroin. The appeals judge got so fed up with him, he practically kicked him out of the appeal without finishing his testimony.
Wow, that guy is the Forrest Gump of murder witnesses. :rolleyes: He was the "star eyewitness"? Just wow.

Didn't I see a news scroll, yesterday, that Italy was "reopening" something related to this case? Maybe investigating this proscecution?

BigB08822
02-16-2012, 08:35 PM
Yes, I believe it was allezfred who said Knox was a spoiled American brat or something along those lines. I don't think allezfred has much sympathy for Americans, period. :lol:

allezfred
02-16-2012, 08:44 PM
Yes, I believe it was allezfred who said Knox was a spoiled American brat or something along those lines. I don't think allezfred has much sympathy for Americans, period. :lol:

Oh feck off. It was you who first used the term "nasty American bitch" in this thread. I was just agreeing with your assessment. :D

That cow was perfectly willing to falsely accuse an innocent man of committing murder. Pardon me if I don't have much sympathy. :blah:

Poor Meredith Kercher's family. Can't imagine what it must feel like to see someone profiting off her murder. :(

BigB08822
02-16-2012, 08:52 PM
Oh feck off. It was you who first used the term "nasty American bitch" in this thread. I was just agreeing with your assessment. :D

That cow was perfectly willing to falsely accuse an innocent man of committing murder. Pardon me if I don't have much sympathy. :blah:

Poor Meredith Kercher's family. Can't imagine what it must feel like to see someone profiting off her murder. :(

Well I have always believed in her innocence so I don't think I was referring to Knox as a "nasty American bitch." I will have to find that quote, though. Are you sure I wasn't talking about Nancy Grace? :P

ETA: Found it. I said Knox was only convicted the first time around for being a "nasty American bitch." That is not the same as calling her that, myself. Good try, though! Context, context context!

skatesindreams
02-16-2012, 10:28 PM
I hope that Amanda can really recover from this ordeal; and go on to lead a successful, happy life.

cruisin
02-16-2012, 10:53 PM
Allezfred, do you have a problem with what the Italian police did to Amanda Knox? The four years she spent in prison for a crime she did not commit? Does having compassion for Amanda mean that anyone has any less compassion for Meredith Kercher and her family?

duane
02-16-2012, 11:03 PM
I don't think Amanda is profiting off Meredith's murder. She will be telling a story of being falsely accused and convicted of a horrendous crime she didn't commit, of being slaughtered and demonized in the media, and of keeping hope alive that she would eventually be freed from the ordeal. Imagine having your freedom falsely taken away! That is a story to tell.

RockTheTassel
02-16-2012, 11:20 PM
I don't think Amanda is profiting off Meredith's murder. She will be telling a story of being falsely accused and convicted of a horrendous crime she didn't commit, of being slaughtered and demonized in the media, and of keeping hope alive that she would eventually be freed from the ordeal. Imagine having your freedom falsely taken away! That is a story to tell.

ITA. After all the media frenzy that was occurring while Amanda Knox was wrongfully in prison, I don't blame her for wanting to finally give her side of the story. It doesn't mean she doesn't have compassion for Meredith's family and is only out profit from this.

skatesindreams
02-16-2012, 11:33 PM
She lost several years of her life, due to being wrongfully accused and demonized.
There are those who continue to believe her guilty, in spite of the decision.

It is only right that she be able to tell the story, as she experienced it.

BigB08822
02-16-2012, 11:33 PM
Frankly, I don't care if Amanda is out to profit. Kercher wasn't the only victim in this ordeal although she certainly paid the biggest price. I doubt Kercher's family is being stopped from giving interviews and such for money. I would be shocked if they haven't made something off of this, not that it could ever make up for their loss and I doubt it would even come close to the money Amanda may make off of this book deal. Sometimes life just isn't fair and this is one of those cases where it isn't really fair but it also isn't fair to Amanda to not be able to make a living.

allezfred
02-17-2012, 12:03 AM
I said Knox was only convicted the first time around for being a "nasty American bitch." That is not the same as calling her that, myself. Good try, though! Context, context context!

I didn't say you called her that. I said you were the first to use the phrase and bring it to the thread. Am I incorrect about that?

Allezfred, do you have a problem with what the Italian police did to Amanda Knox? The four years she spent in prison for a crime she did not commit?

My main problem with the Italian police is that they haven't solved the murder of Meredith Kercher who seems to have been forgotten in this story about how much money poor Amanda Knox is going to make when her book and film come out.

Does having compassion for Amanda mean that anyone has any less compassion for Meredith Kercher and her family?

In this case my compassion is with Meredith Kercher, her family, the innocent man falsely accused of murder by Amanda Knox, the Italian boyfriend of Amanda Knox, Amanda Knox's family and Amanda Knox in that order.

Rob
02-17-2012, 12:09 AM
Do people not think that Rudy Guede is the real murderer? The one who is in jail?