PDA

View Full Version : Amanda Knox Verdict Today

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

BigB08822
10-05-2011, 07:11 PM
I would like to know more about them turning off and then turning back on their phones.

The way the media would have us believe it is that they stood there holding hands and said "ok, we are going to turn off our phones in 3...2...1...." Then they synched up their watches and set an alarm to turn their phones back on at exactly the same time the next morning. I seriously doubt that happened. I want to know how closely timed their phones were turned off to see if it was really something thought out or if just maybe this is a case of two people who often, always or sometimes turn their phones off when they go to bed. My bf does it every night.

cruisin
10-05-2011, 07:24 PM
I would like to know more about them turning off and then turning back on their phones.

The way the media would have us believe it is that they stood there holding hands and said "ok, we are going to turn off our phones in 3...2...1...." Then they synched up their watches and set an alarm to turn their phones back on at exactly the same time the next morning. I seriously doubt that happened. I want to know how closely timed their phones were turned off to see if it was really something thought out or if just maybe this is a case of two people who often, always or sometimes turn their phones off when they go to bed. My bf does it every night.

Yes, and phones also turn off when the battery is drained. Maybe they both used their phones a lot that day. Or maybe one of them turned off their phone when the other's died. Maybe they turn their phones off when they charge them. There are all sorts of reasons. When my son was in Italy, the program provided him with a cell phone. We could never reach him, it didn't hold a charge for very long.

my little pony
10-05-2011, 07:26 PM
if i went to my boyfriend's house to have sex, i'd want the phones off

mag
10-05-2011, 07:26 PM
My dh and I have our phones set to turn off at night and on in the morning at exactly the same time every day.... Have been for years. Perhaps they did as well?

IceAlisa
10-05-2011, 07:27 PM
I wasn't trying to say she was a racist, I was trying to say she knew Guede killed Meredith so thats why she accused other black guy. What could be her motivation to cover for Guede? It is known that he was Amanda's drug dealer.

She knew Guede was the killer? What evidence is there of this?

BigB08822
10-05-2011, 07:29 PM
My dh and I have our phones set to turn off at night and on in the morning at exactly the same time every day.... Have been for years. Perhaps they did as well?

There you go, and this is why it isn't safe to make such huge assumptions based on media conspiracy theories.

Nekatiivi
10-05-2011, 07:29 PM
She knew Guede was the killer? What evidence is there of this?

That was just a speculation that was around during the previous verdict.

Nekatiivi
10-05-2011, 07:31 PM
if i went to my boyfriend's house to have sex, i'd want the phones off

At night? I would not think anybody would call me during the night.

I remember reading there was 12 minutes cap in the time they turned their phones off. Amanda did it first (assuming they didn't run out of battery). And if they went to sleep, why did they wake up so early?

IceAlisa
10-05-2011, 07:31 PM
That was just a speculation that was around during the previous verdict.

It seems like there is a whole lot of speculation based on very little to zero evidence. And the thing that sways me is the absence of their DNA at the crime scene and the body coupled with the abundant DNA evidence at the above implicating Guede.

my little pony
10-05-2011, 07:35 PM

i get calls and texts at all hours and i'm old and anti social, i can't be the only one

when i lived outside the us, my mother never figured out the time difference and only called in the middle of the night

IceAlisa
10-05-2011, 07:37 PM
i get calls and texts at all hours and i'm old and anti social, i can't be the only one

My well-meaning friend from the old country sometimes forgets the time difference and texts me in the middle of the night/early morning.

BigB08822
10-05-2011, 07:38 PM

I remember reading there was 12 minutes cap in the time they turned their phones off. Amanda did it first (assuming they didn't run out of battery). And if they went to sleep, why did they wake up so early?

It doesn't matter why. You can't draw assumptions about MURDER or even covering up a murder based on something as silly as when a phone was turned off and on. There are 100 explanations as to why they could have turned their phones off when they did and back on when they did. 99 of them have nothing to do with the murder.

Maybe she turned off her phone because a pink elephant appeared at her door step and told her, in spanish, to turn off her phone NOW and turn it back on at 5:30 am? There is no less evidence to prove my theory wrong than yours.

mag
10-05-2011, 07:46 PM

When I check my phone in the morning I usually have half a dozen emails and a couple of texts ... I don't want to hear that buzzing all night long.
Sometimes I get up early just cause. I wake up and start thinking and I can't go back to sleep. Darn, between the cell phones and getting up early, dh and I better hope there is no criminal activity in our neighbourhood because we would look mighty suspicious!

poths
10-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Just goes to show, if you're pretty enough, you can get away with murder.

She'll rot, one day.

skatingfan5
10-05-2011, 08:16 PM
Just goes to show, if you're pretty enough, you can get away with murder. She'll rot, one day.As will all of us, one day, unless we are cremated, mummified, or stored in a deep freeze.