PDA

View Full Version : "Why Figure Skating is GREAT!" article

Ryan_Jahnke
10-03-2011, 03:53 PM
Hi all! I just released an article titled "Why Figure Skating is GREAT!" (http://myskatingmall.com/blog/2011/10/01/why-figure-skating-is-great/)It is a combination of my personal reflections from competing as well as the comments from some of my facebook friends. I hope you enjoy it and let me know what you think.

Grannyfan
10-03-2011, 04:13 PM
What a great article! Thank you so much for sharing it, and thanks to all the skaters, parents and others for their comments. Skaters are not only tough, dedicated and talented physically but articulate as well. And thank you, Ryan, for the many years you have devoted to the sport. You were truly a joy to watch!

Good luck to all the competitive skaters and coaches this season, and good times to those who skate just for fun! I hope you all achieve your personal goals.

Cheylana
10-03-2011, 05:07 PM
RYAN! :cheer2: Thanks for posting! LOVED your skating!!!

Vash01
10-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the article,Ryan (I loved your skating). The mainstream media need to publish this. There are way too many misinterpretations/misunderstandings about Figure skating as a sport.

paskatefan
10-04-2011, 12:55 AM
Great article, Ryan. This article deserves wide circulation! :)

aftershocks
10-04-2011, 04:10 AM
Hi Ryan! Thanks for writing and sharing this article! I agree with paskatefan and Vash01, that you should think about fine-tuning the article and having it more widely distributed. It definitely could serve to help educate the general public about all the amazing ways this sport is great -- Its not all about the medals and the jumps. So much about the sport is elusive and inexpressible, and the media rarely gets it right, so its fantastic that you've captured a lot about the essence of why this sport has meaning for so many people.
What resonates for me in all the reflections is how much skating teaches and prepares skaters for life; the importance of getting up and going forward; discipline and learning how to make choices; having the great opportunity to express oneself both athletically and artistically; making lifetime friends; and most of all experiencing joy in the feeling of flight.

Thank you also Ryan, for your wonderful contributions to skating during your competitive career and now in the way you are continuing to give so much through teaching and sharing the joy of this great sport/ art. Thanks for the wonderful moments of watching your magical skating and sharing in your journey that I'll always treasure. :)

Sulphur
10-04-2011, 04:29 AM
Thanks for writing the article! What an informative and also enjoyable one. I'm sharing it with my friends. Thank you!!

Andrushka
10-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Great article!:)