PDA

View Full Version : Ludmilla and Oleg Protopopov. How did they both start and learn to skate?

FSWer
10-03-2011, 01:14 AM
Say,does anyone know if there is anything about their Skating History that says how they both began Skating,and when? I'm asking because as far as I know. I don't know of any Record on that. Thanks.

overedge
10-03-2011, 01:15 AM
Say,does anyone know if there is anything about their Skating History that says how they both began Skating,and when? I'm asking because as far as I know. I don't know of any Record on that. Thanks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oleg_Protopopov

zaphyre14
10-03-2011, 04:32 PM
There is information available in print books. Go to your library and request a copy of "Figure Skating: A History:" by James R. Hines. It has several pages on the Protopopovs.

FSWer
10-15-2011, 02:34 AM
Say,btw. does anyone happen to know who their Sk8parents were,and if they were skaters too? Also,what is the correct pernouciation of both their first and last names? I've always wondered how their names were pernounced.

bardtoob
10-15-2011, 08:50 AM
Lood-me-la Beh-loo-so-va
Oh-leg Pro-toe-pop-ah-v

They did not come from skating families. They tried skating as teenagers and loved it. They were considered too old by sports authorities but continued to skate anyway. They were fortunate to find a coach willing to train then.

l'etoile
10-15-2011, 08:57 AM
Lood-me-la Beh-loo-so-va
Oh-leg Pro-toe-pop-ah-v

They did not come from skate families. They tried skating as teenagers and loved it. They were considered too old by sports authorities but continued to skate anyway. They were fortunate to find a coach willing to train then. Apparently, he was out of favor with the sports authorities.

Thanks! I've always had difficulty saying their whole names right away. I'm really looking forward to their performance at EWC:)

bardtoob
10-15-2011, 09:22 AM
I'm really looking forward to their performance at EWC:)

Lucky! I'm so jealous, actually envious, and not afraid to admit it ;)