PDA

View Full Version : TAR 10/2 The Spirit of Our Lives

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

dbell1
10-03-2011, 04:17 PM
I have a soft spot for Ethan. He's survived cancer and started a charity with part of his winnings. Peanut butter stripper Jenna, eh, not so much. :blah:

Fridge_Break
10-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Great episode, but bummed about who left. I think I stand alone in that I really liked Ethan & Jenna and was excited that they were part of this season. I had expected them to be able to last a lot longer. The guys seemed very nice and are great for each other, but were just too slow and too methodical with everything that caused them to bleed time.

Watching the siblings bickering went from hilarious to awkward for everybody faster than should be allowed. I expect them to be around most of the season.

I was ready to :rofl: if Ma & Pa were able to hold the lead, after all of the other teams were super excited to see them at the airport. I forget that they separate the teams at the pit stops now, so no one knows who was eliminated until they get caught up later on.

Couldn't believe that only 3 of 11 teams (27.3%) of the teams read the sign correctly. It was kind of a deceiving little task, though, considering that they just had to earn money for the detour. Naturally you'd think you'd be donating that money over and not everything, but the teams that paid attention to the details really benefited, (especially the showgirls -- lucky for them since they would have been 10th and eliminated).

Loved the twins this episode, and liking the showgirls a lot more after their initial opening impression they gave us. I don't know if either of these teams will be able to make it to the end, though.

Beefcake
10-03-2011, 05:03 PM
Couldn't believe that only 3 of 11 teams (27.3%) of the teams read the sign correctly.
That two of those three would be the Boarders and Showgirls adds to the :huh: factor.

But, with that, perhaps they've :wideeyes: opened our eyes a bit ... smarter than we think?

love skating
10-03-2011, 05:50 PM
I like Cindy - I like that she did the roadblock. Yeah she cried, but didn't become a total drama queen or bicker at her partner.

They are really messing with the racers this year. Last week - the jumbotron non-obvious clue and this week the non-obvious sign on the table.

Catherine M
10-03-2011, 06:33 PM
So far I like all the teams except for Zac and his dad. Well Zac isn't that bad but the dad just bugs.

The bickering siblings don't annoy me that much but I can see how they would for others.

Looking forward to seeing more of Indonesia next week. Nice that the race was finally able to go to a new area of Asia.

genevieve
10-03-2011, 07:13 PM
That spelunking task made me look up trips to Indonesia. That was gorgeous!

allezfred
10-03-2011, 08:12 PM
I find the whole "giving back to charridee" aspect a bit smug and barf-inducing, but never mind me, I'm just cynical. ;)

I never thought I'd hear the name Carton House on American TV. Looks like the liquidators are really getting some value out of it at least. :lol:

Beefcake
10-03-2011, 08:23 PM
I find the whole "giving back to charridee" aspect a bit smug and barf-inducing, but never mind me, I'm just cynical. ;)
I'm with your cynical self. I think Ethan is a :kickass: guy and all, but his "that we got to give to the kids was more important than anything" made me squirm ...

... being that he and Jenna had won $2m+ between them, and given that the orphanage received -- literally beggars money -- just 30 whatevertheyweres X 11 teams. While I'm sure CBS commendably ponied up a good couple-hundred grand to the orphanarium (Futurama shoutout!), the presentation of the challenge as kickass philanthropy was a bit of an overshot.

Lara
10-03-2011, 08:25 PM
That spelunking task made me look up trips to Indonesia. That was gorgeous!

I've never been into outdoors adventure stuff, and yet that made me want to spelunk. What an awesome experience.

I didn't mind Ethan and Jenna too much honestly...but then I never watched Survivor so I can kinda ignore their previous wins.

Bets on the brother/sister team staying till the end? Ugh. :rolleyes: I'd have more sympathy if they'd at least waited a couple more legs to start the bickering.

Garden Kitty
10-03-2011, 08:32 PM

I think there were a number of complaints in earlier editions that (a) racers who were saved in non-elimination legs (back when they took all their money in a NEL) were begging from people in countries who had a lot less money than the racers and (b) tasks that involved trying to get money from locals in poorer countries were exploitive. I think that's one reason they had the whole charity aspect - so they weren't benefitting from the money raised during the task.

And also because it allowed the producers to throw in that little noticed requirement about giving up all their money and mess with all the contestants. :EVILLE:

BaileyCatts
10-04-2011, 04:51 AM
I've never been into outdoors adventure stuff, and yet that made me want to spelunk. What an awesome experience. .

Me too! I am not an outdoors person AT.ALL. I even dread having to cut the grass and pull the weeds cause it requires being "outdoors". :lol: BUT ...that is why I would love to do this show. I don't think I would ever in a million years voluntarily do that spelunking thing on my own, or bungee jump, or any of the other crazy things they do, but if I were on this show and you pretty much have to do these tasks, I would do them in a heartbeat and not even think about it.

Jenna
10-04-2011, 05:29 AM
:confused: I don't understand why Zac and dad are so unpopular. They barely even speak on the show.

AragornElessar
10-04-2011, 09:08 AM
Jenna, it's because he has sent both the son and the daughter out in attempts to break the age record for solo around the world Sailing trips. Remember the young female sailor that ended up missing and then needing to be rescued last year? That was the Daughter/Sister of this team. Many see the Dad as someone who is nothing but a Famewhore and uses his kids as part of his tools in achieving it.

You may add me to that group BTW. Anyway, I hope that explains it.

Prancer
10-04-2011, 11:39 AM
:confused: I don't understand why Zac and dad are so unpopular. They barely even speak on the show.

If TAR were Survivor, that would be a surefire indication that they were going to be around for a long time.

But since this is TAR, the fact that they are hated means that they are going to be around for a long time.

Garden Kitty
10-04-2011, 02:58 PM
Many see the Dad as someone who is nothing but a Famewhore and uses his kids as part of his tools in achieving it.

There were a lot of reports when the daughter tried the trip that the dad was shopping a reality tv show featuring the family and their adventures. They haven't done anything on the show to bother me, but there seems to be a lot of evidence that the dad will risk his kids and/or the resources of the coast guard and similar entities to promote reality tv fame.