PDA

View Full Version : Parenting Question re: Dating

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Prancer
10-03-2011, 09:57 PM
I had a conversation with a guy once (we were both adults) who had no problem with oral sex on a first "date", but thought kissing was too intimate.

Did you tell him that prostitutes reputedly feel the same way?

purple skates
10-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Were you on a date with him at the time? ;)

:rofl: No. It was one of those drunken conversations at the Navy club.

Seriously?

Prancer
10-03-2011, 10:26 PM
Seriously?

I've read that several times, at least twice in things written by prostitutes--that prostitutes don't like kissing johns because it's too intimate, while sex is just business.

I don't know how true it is, but there you are.

vesperholly
10-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Seriously?

According to Pretty Woman, yes.

Anita18
10-04-2011, 01:18 AM
:rofl:

If you were to go by all the various clubs, organizations, and activities at the HS I attended that got their freak on, the Debate Team, the Chorale (senior mixed chorus), the Chess Club, Musical Theatre, Close-Up (an org. that does an in-depth study of how politics in Washington works), and the Foreign Language Club would have to be crossed off the list as well :lol: .

Maybe it was all the raging pubescent hormones, maybe it was the influence of MTV bursting onto the scene in the early 80s the countless videos containing scantilly-clad video vixens, all kinds of T&A, sexually suggestive themes, and the like, maybe it was Brooke Shield who let nothing come between her and her Calvin Kleins, maybe it was movie like Porky's, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Risky Business, etc., or maybe it was just human nature helped along by the availability of so many media outlets (and advertisers who took the concept "Sex Sells" and freaking ran with it not to the end zone, but around the world (and to this day, haven't stopped :o ).
To be fair, between us, my sister and I were on half that list and we thought all the guys at our school were immature losers and we wouldn't have anything to do with them. :lol: Well, I mean good to be friends with, not to trust our hearts with, at least not yet. :o

It also helped that our school was mostly made of up very socially awkward, academically-focused Asian kids. :P I did hear of people sleeping around, but it was never with our social circles because we were simply too busy!

That's what I've been told too.

PrincessLeppard
10-04-2011, 02:47 AM
I must've been on the wrong Debate team. :wuzrobbed

Prancer
10-04-2011, 03:53 AM

:lol: I was in the wrong band. And having been a parent chaperone on my kids' band bus trips, I can assure there is no crying in baseball--er, making out on the band buses. Or in the hotels, either. The kids enforce the rules and they are both far more aware of what is really going on and far more ruthless than the adults.

I think Cyn was just a wild child ;).

milanessa
10-04-2011, 04:47 AM
I think Cyn was just a wild child ;).

Well, duh. And she's well on her way to getting a taste of her own teenhood - from the other side.

jamesy
10-04-2011, 08:02 PM
The Master Debate team? :saint:

PrincessLeppard
10-04-2011, 09:08 PM
That was Cyn's team. :saint: