PDA

View Full Version : A bra?!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

TygerLily
10-02-2011, 12:12 AM
In fact, I think there is a bit of vanity sizing going on there as I wear a larger size there than everywhere else.I suspect the same of the specialty bra store I go to as they give me a ridiculously large cup size. One of my larger friends was a bit mean in her derision when I joked with her about it, though. Wish this weren't such an issue. :(

(sorry for the OT)

milanessa
10-02-2011, 12:19 AM
I suspect the same of the specialty bra store I go to as they give me a ridiculously large cup size. One of my larger friends was a bit mean in her derision when I joked with her about it, though. Wish this weren't such an issue. :(

(sorry for the OT)

What did you say? You may have made it an issue.

Badams
10-02-2011, 12:33 AM
I have tiny boobs. I quite like them.:)

TygerLily
10-02-2011, 03:00 PM
What did you say? You may have made it an issue.You're possibly right. I think I just said that the sizing was funny as apparently the store sizing puts me at a 32 DD (and I'm clearly not a DD -- up until being sized I used a 36 band size and barely filled an A cup). But then she went on and on about how ridiculous that was. Maybe she didn't realize it was sensitive, though. After all, right from early in our friendship we had an ongoing joke about how she'd like to give me one of her cup sizes.

I have tiny boobs. I quite like them.:):cheer: Someday I'll say that, too!

cruisin
10-02-2011, 05:15 PM
:cheer: Someday I'll say that, too!

You will, when you're older, and they don't sag and you don't have blisters on your shoulders in the hot weather from bra straps and heavy boobs.

myhoneyhoney
10-02-2011, 07:42 PM
I have tiny boobs. I quite like them.:)Like! (we need a like button, lol)

I'm barely a B and used to be unhappy about it. Now, I'm fine with it, I can wear any top/swimsuit I want! :D

skatesindreams
10-02-2011, 09:08 PM
I'm the same small-busted person I was when those silly girls asked the "question" I referred to upthread.
I'm happy with what I have!

Badams
10-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Like! (we need a like button, lol)

I'm barely a B and used to be unhappy about it. Now, I'm fine with it, I can wear any top/swimsuit I want! :D

I'm barely an A cup. In fact, I'm wearing a training bra as we speak.:lol: I never have an issue with my Boobs getting in the way.

cruisin
10-03-2011, 12:27 AM
I would love to have tiny boobs. I don't look big, because my rib cage is very small, but I wear a D or DD, depending on the brand. I have permanent notches in my shoulders! Hate them!

skatemommy
10-03-2011, 12:59 AM
^ crusin, I'm with you. I'm 5'3" 120lbs and a D cup. I'd be the 1/10th of 1% wanting a bust reduction. I wouldn't know a spaghetti strap from a noodle!

cruisin
10-03-2011, 01:30 AM
^ crusin, I'm with you. I'm 5'3" 120lbs and a D cup. I'd be the 1/10th of 1% wanting a bust reduction. I wouldn't know a spaghetti strap from a noodle!

I would love a bust reduction, or at least put them back on my chest :lol:. But, I'm not big enough that insurance would cover it, though I do have back/neck pain. And I'm chicken. The worst, was one summer, on vacation with my family. We were doing a lot of sight seeing and it was very hot, and after 2 days, I had to put blister band-aids on my shoulders, because my bra straps were cutting into my skin. I don't understand why, after menopause, they don't just fall off! :lol:

skatemommy
10-03-2011, 01:43 AM
^ off topic, but the only bra that fits me is Maidenform minimizer. It has nice wide straps at the shoulders.

MacMadame
10-04-2011, 12:52 AM
I don't think I'd want to be tiny but I know a lot of people who lost 100 pounds or more and 99.9% of them complain about how they haven't got anything any more (even thought most of them are a B or C cup which is average to above average, not tiny) and the ones who get plastic surgery almost always get breast implants to be back up to DD again and I have to say:

I just don't get it!

I'm happy to be smaller than I was and I would definitely not get implants if I ever do get a boob lift even though it means going down a cup size.

Anita18
10-04-2011, 01:23 AM
You will, when you're older, and they don't sag and you don't have blisters on your shoulders in the hot weather from bra straps and heavy boobs.
I'm mostly glad I don't have to think about them! I had friends in college who were well-endowed and did martial arts - they'd have to double up on the sports bras so their boobs wouldn't hit them in the face! :lol:

I don't think I'd want to be tiny but I know a lot of people who lost 100 pounds or more and 99.9% of them complain about how they haven't got anything any more (even thought most of them are a B or C cup which is average to above average, not tiny) and the ones who get plastic surgery almost always get breast implants to be back up to DD again and I have to say:

I just don't get it!

I'm happy to be smaller than I was and I would definitely not get implants if I ever do get a boob lift even though it means going down a cup size.
Well, I think many women (especially those who'd always had large breasts) just think of being well-endowed as part of their feminine identity, even if it causes a lot of discomfort or is otherwise inconvenient.

Like, I'm a little vain about my long thick hair even though I don't normally think about it. :o But I certainly wouldn't pay $$$ for hair transplants if I suddenly start thinning out!

cruisin
10-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Part of the issue with losing weight, and boobs getting smaller, is that they sag. I know from personal experience. I lost over 100 lbs. and my boobs got smaller, but the skin didn't. Then I breast fed my babies and my boobs got bigger than my head. When the skin stretches to that extent, they look awful when they shrink back down, even to a D or DD. If I had all of the excess skin taken away, I'd probably be a small C, which would be nice. But, I don't want to spend the $$$ and the surgery scares me. So, possibly the women, who get implants, do so because they want to take up the skin, rather than go through more extensive surgery.