PDA

View Full Version : Best or Favorite Brad Pitt Role/Movie

Pages : [1] 2 3

Beefcake
09-29-2011, 09:22 PM
Pitt has been in the headlines a helluva lot lately as he promotes his new movie, Moneyball, with interviews and such ( ((((Jen Aniston))) ). He is getting outstanding reviews for Moneyball (as he did earlier this summer The Tree of Life).

An article, today, on CNN reports that Pitt fought for the ending** of Se7en. (What's in the box!?" "What's in the BO-OX!?") Humongous :respec: to him for demanding that final scene with Kevin Spacey and Morgan Freeman remain intact, as it's one of the best endings in film history.

Anyway, that got me thinking about how many awesome films Pitt has starred in. No Oscars to show for it, unlike a certain Mr. Hanks who has a similar thread here, but Pitt's "rewatchables" resume blows Hanks' away for my money.

BP's prowess really snuck up on me! :kickass:

**:rofl: That CNN's headline gives away the ending to Se7en, and then :lol: inside the article states "warning!: spoiler ahead".

But I digress ...

What are your favorite (and/or best) roles (or movie & role combination) from Brad Pitt?

AliasJohnDoe
09-29-2011, 09:29 PM
I've always been a fan of "Interview With The Vampire". Though many fans don't feel the same way, I felt Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise's casting were perfect. Even if I'm not a big fan of either. But maybe I'm biased since I've always been an Anne Rice fan.

Veronika
09-29-2011, 09:42 PM
Actually, BP said in the Entertainment Weekly article that he did not want the contents of the box at the end of Se7en to be seen. I'm really happy that he fought for that. :respec:

Vash01
09-29-2011, 10:07 PM
I picked other- The Tree of Life.

I hated the movie. Loved his acting.

michiruwater
09-29-2011, 10:12 PM
I loved both the movie and his acting in The Tree of Life.

He really has been in a lot of really good films.

Japanfan
09-29-2011, 10:22 PM
He was genius in 12 Monkeys and deservedly received an Oscar nomination for it.

nubka
09-29-2011, 10:41 PM
O.k., this is embarrasing. I've haven't seen any of those movies. :shuffle:

I have see one movie that he was in (I think with Anthony Hopkins.) Pitt played death, or something close to it. I thought he was good in it.

jenny12
09-29-2011, 11:02 PM
I've come to enjoy Brad Pitt as an actor more and more since he's gotten older. He seems to always make interesting film choices. I especially loved his performances in Inglorious Basterds and Kalifornia and I'm looking forward to seeing Moneyball.

Twilight1
09-29-2011, 11:11 PM
Honestly, my favourite movie of his is Legends of the Fall but Kalifornia is a close 2nd because he plays such a nasty character and pulls it off well. lol!!

overedge
09-29-2011, 11:45 PM
I thought he did what he could in Interview with the Vampire, but the rest of the movie was so terrible - acting, script, "plot", etc. etc. - that his performance kind of got buried.

He was truly great in Thelma and Louise even though it was a small(ish) role.

topaz
09-30-2011, 12:37 AM
I voted for Benjamin Buttons as my favorite but my 2nd favorite performance is the Assassination of Jesse James. Lots of people have not seen this movie, Brad is so good. I love fight club.

kimkom
09-30-2011, 12:40 AM
I adore Legends of the Fall. It's my go to DVD on a quiet weekend.

gingercrush
09-30-2011, 12:49 AM
I adore Legends of the Fall too but I actually though the Pitt was kinda gross it was the actor that was on ET who I thought was way cuter. I would say he was best in Fight Club. Not very fond of him and for someone to be so good looking and yet to appear so ugly so many times is rather disappointing.

kimkom
09-30-2011, 01:22 AM
I think he likes to look "ugly". He reminds me so much of Robert Redford in that way. Redford hated the sex symbol status so much, and preferred to take roles where he wasn't so pretty. I saw Moneyball on Monday, and more than once commented on his resemblance to Redford with that weathered non-movie star look.

Aussie Willy
09-30-2011, 02:05 AM
I absolutely loved him in Burn After Reading. He was hilarious and I really appreciated that he didn't take himself too seriously.

Benjamin Button just didn't do it for me.

Mr & Mrs Smith just p*ssed me off it was so bad. Two really good actors in a really dumb movie.