PDA

View Full Version : Adelina Sotnikova

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

koatcue
09-29-2011, 06:54 PM
Your thoughts on her...There is no a sign of her new programmes in internet. She hasn't competed anywhere this season=((
How high is her chance to beat Mirai or Mao?

Triple Butz
09-29-2011, 06:59 PM
Your thoughts on her...There is no a sign of her new programmes in internet. She hasn't competed anywhere this season=((
How high is her chance to beat Mirai or Mao?

If she's skating at the same level she was last season, I would say her chances of competing and winning against anyone, not just those two, are fairly good. We will have to see if she has made changes to her lutz, which received edge calls here and there. The senior callers are probably not going to let it slide. Also, if she really wants to rack up points in a senior LP, she needs to move more of the jumps to the second half.

Louise
09-29-2011, 07:02 PM
I'd say very high. She brings out her 3/3's or 2A/3's with regularity and has decent body line and choreography. In fact I would not be surprised if she takes the GPF. Tut has more to work on, but I can see her jumping to the GPF. I'm not giving up on Nagasu, but I don't think she has what it takes to be a world champion, sorry to say. If I had to pick an American this year to steal everyone's thunder, I'd go with Agnes, but with the coaching change and her admitted lack of interest in the sport makes me question that.

Now that Mao cannot be depended on for a clean program in any way, Kim out, US blah, I would not be surprised if Russia cleans up at the Olys. I also think that one of the Russian baby ballerinas will move to another 'country' so we might see a top five of all Russians at the Olys.

If I had to pick the next Russian superstar it would be Sotnikova or Lipnitskaya. Shelepen, Tut, and there's another one may not progress fast enough in the next two years. Sot and Lip are already ahead of the curve, IMO.

caseyedwards
09-29-2011, 07:06 PM
When dealing with seniors with 4 jumps 1/2 way plus she will appear frontloaded. That would be a negative. If she can still do all the 3/3's and all that she could beat Mirai and Mao and everyone. She'll probably just debut on the GP and maybe not do any pre - GPs.

Frau Muller
09-29-2011, 07:11 PM
Isn't she listed for the Ondrej Nepela Trophy soon? Update: I guess that she didn't do it...

l'etoile
09-29-2011, 07:44 PM
I think she's withdrawn from the event. Ladies short program results came out but her name's not there. Her injury may be more serious than it seemed?

smarts1
09-29-2011, 07:54 PM
We'll need to see how she does under the senior circuit. Seniors fresh out of juniors tend to make mistakes. But she has promise.

koatcue
09-29-2011, 07:54 PM
I don't know what to think of it.I expected her to participate there...It's just strange

Roxanne
09-29-2011, 10:12 PM
What kind of injury did she have?

AliasJohnDoe
09-29-2011, 11:46 PM
For me, hopefully Alissa repeats as GPF Champion. If not, I want Sotnikova or Tuktamysheva to be 2011 GPF Champion. :D

They are the 3 I'm cheering for this season in GP ladies.

ETA: Plus Mirai and Agnes!!!

Autumn_girl
09-30-2011, 05:28 AM
Your thoughts on her...There is no a sign of her new programmes in internet.
The music is announced though.
SP: Bolero
LP: Liebestraum

What kind of injury did she have?
Something with her leg AFAIK, but she skated with it in show this summer, so I guess it's not that bad

I don't know what to think of it.I expected her to participate there...It's just strange
No worries, we will see Adelina this weekend at the test skates of Russian team :)

Frau Muller
09-30-2011, 08:08 PM
The music is announced though.
SP: Bolero
LP: Liebestraum

How 'original'....not. :blah:

Triple Butz
09-30-2011, 09:56 PM
How 'original'....not. :blah:

And considering last season was:

SP: Blue Danube
LP: Introduction & Rondo Capriccioso
EX: Swan Lake

double :blah:
We always had overused music in skating, but I think CoP has made it worse. It's no longer important to be original, just important to get high scoring high level elements.

koatcue
09-30-2011, 11:13 PM
And considering last season was:

SP: Blue Danube
LP: Introduction & Rondo Capriccioso
EX: Swan Lake

double :blah:
We always had overused music in skating, but I think CoP has made it worse. It's no longer important to be original, just important to get high scoring high level elements.

Liza T is sooo original..and what? The thing is we discuss not so original Sotnikova. The things that matter are her skill level and talent.;)
The music choice isn't the case..

Triple Butz
09-30-2011, 11:28 PM
Liza T is sooo original..and what? The thing is we discuss not so original Sotnikova. The things that matter are her skill level and talent.;)
The music choice isn't the case..

Actually, I have discussed Liza's music and improved expression in other threads and so have others. Liza is getting her share of hype, it's just that Sotnikova has a more impressive win record for now. I'm not hating on Sotnikova's skating at all, it's wonderful, but it could be even better if she would emote more and (just a personal preference) it would be nice to see her develop her style with more original music choices.