PDA

View Full Version : The Vampire Diaries-Season 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

PeterG
02-19-2012, 12:02 AM
Good episode tonight, but it annoys me that they're not coming back until March 15th. Also, interesting to know doctor woman is the stabbity stabber. lol

:wuzrobbed Didn't know there was going to be a month-long break. :( As for the doctor....did anyone think that she was not a bad guy?? I was just waiting for them to show us how she was just no good.

My favourite male character on the show is a tie between Alaric and Matt!

The Vampire Diaries story will come full circle and Elena will live happily ever after with Matt (along with Dad-In-Love, Alaric). As appealing as any fictional vampire might be - they are all dead. Who would ever want someone they know to end up with with a walking corpse? (Yuck...and a blood-sucking corpse at that!)

...that whole incident that turned me from liking him and Elena together to a full-fledged shipper.

I'm a full fledged shipper of Stelena

:confused: What's a shipper?

AshleyN
02-19-2012, 02:13 AM
:confused: What's a shipper?
Shipping, derived from the word relationship, is the belief that two fictional characters, typically from the same series, are in an intimate relationship, or have romantic feelings that could potentially lead to a relationship. It is considered a general term for fans' emotional involvement with the ongoing development of romance in a work of fiction. Though technically applicable to any such involvement, it refers chiefly to various related social dynamics observable on the Internet, and is seldom used outside of that context.

Shipping can involve virtually any kind of relationship from the well-known and established, to the ambiguous or those undergoing development, and even to the highly improbable and the blatantly impossible. People involved in shipping (called shippers) variously assert that the relationship does exist, will exist, or simply that they would like it to exist.

Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shipping_(fandom))

Maybe I spend to much time on the internet but I have to admit it's kind of shocking for me to come across someone who isn't familiar with the term.:lol:

michiruwater
02-19-2012, 02:54 PM
I was shocked by that too :shuffle:

Latte
02-20-2012, 01:17 AM
Well, here is another who didn't know what it meant. I don't keep up with the slang.:D

PeterG
03-15-2012, 09:24 PM
New epsidode tonight. Already??? ;)

Tonight's episode is called 1912 (sneak preview clip) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzYRc2ILcNI).

And here is a producer's preview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NciXMprsdt8).

I expect brooding. It could happen! :lol:

Ajax
03-16-2012, 06:47 PM
I thought the episode was amazing! So much fun! I really liked that for once, there was no relationship drama with the main triangle. Instead we got some awesome scenes between Stefan and Damon. I love any episode that explores their brotherhood. Damon admitting that Stefan is all he has was very touching, as was Stefan deciding to help track the killer.

The whodunit is a great way to reinvent the season - the Klaus storyline had been getting stale. Incorporating the mysterious resuscitation rings into this and finally giving Alaric a meaty storyline is awesome. I have no idea how this show manages to come up with smart, interesting and compelling plots like this, time after time. The various characters playing detective and piecing together clues as to the identity of the killer was fun. It gave the episode a nice vibe that was a refreshing change from the heavy angst of the last few eps.

They seem to be setting up Matt/Elena and much as I like our vampire boys, I am completely fine with that. Especially if it means that Damon and Stefan will be free to hang out with Rebekkah. Those three together was hot, they should just have snarky fabulous threesomes and forget about Elena.

manhn
03-16-2012, 07:31 PM
I enjoyed the episode too. I also think the writers have a good handle on the triangle. They spelt out quite concisely why Elena would be attracted to them.

I still miss Tyler, Jeremy, Bonnie and Caroline. Saje was kinda boring, IMO.

lmarie086
03-30-2012, 03:39 AM
I don't know how I feel about tonight's episode. I liked it, but it didn't totally grab me. I didn't really care about Finn and Sage's story as much as I think I was supposed to.

The whole thing with Stefan confronting Elena at the end (I wanted them to kiss SO bad!!!) annoyed me; "you're in love with him too," just reminded me way too much of Twilight. I do think Elena feels something for Damon, but I personally don't see it being anywhere near what she does for Stefan.

I might need to rewatch this one.

manhn
03-30-2012, 06:06 AM
I don't much care for violence so you would think I would find Damon's torture way too gruesome, but I did watch the ladies short programs earlier today. That helped me prepare for tonight's episode.

I love the idea of the characters figuring out the bloodlines of all the vampires. It's like ancestry.com for the Vampire Set.

The show does an excellent job of continuity. I mean, Rose?!?!? I totally forgot about her! Maybe we'll get to see the vampire who looks exactly like Lambiel.

The Love Triangle of Doom is boring. And I wished Bonnie just let Damon to bleed to death, but I'll forgive the phonecall.

Cloudy_Gumdrops
03-30-2012, 03:38 PM
I'm thrilled that they can't kill off Klaus/other originals without killing all of the other vamps. Gives me hope for Klaus/Caroline.

Damon and Elena dying wouldn't break my heart though. In fact, it'd make me happy.

Satellitegirl
03-30-2012, 08:30 PM
I'm also happy they can't kill off certain vampires....maybe if they aren't regulars, they can at least come back occasionally for new story lines :). Such a huge fan of Joseph Morgan. Klauroline 4eva :lol:

Damon and Elena don't bother me at all, and I'm glad they're finally getting to work out some of their feelings, eventually.

shutterbug
04-19-2012, 04:22 AM
Reminder new episode tomorrow: preview of last 4 episodes ( http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/04/13/vampire-diaries-julie-plec-preview/)

AshleyN
04-23-2012, 10:42 PM
Just caught up with this week's episode and I'm rather annoyed that they defiled one of my favourite Florence + the Machine songs by using it as background for a Damon/Elena makeout session.

Aside from that it was good.

Ajax
04-24-2012, 07:47 PM
Just caught up with this week's episode and I'm rather annoyed that they defiled one of my favourite Florence + the Machine songs by using it as background for a Damon/Elena makeout session.

Aside from that it was good.

It was a good episode wasn't it? I can't care less than Elena/Damon, although I liked when he voiced his frustration about how she expects him to be good all the time and he's not, and also when he told her how he's not going to make it easy for her to figure out her feelings by doing something horrible. The Stefan & Alaric scenes were excellent and the twist of Esther taking over Rebecca was a true shocker, classic Vampire Diaries twist there.

Cloudy_Gumdrops
04-27-2012, 03:56 AM
I love how much Bonnie hates Damon. It's a beautiful thing.

I didn't think I could love Klaus more, but turns out, it is possible.