PDA

View Full Version : Shana Tovah!

Pages : 1 [2]

Cyn
09-28-2011, 04:19 PM
Shana Tovah Tikatevu!! :)

(Of course, I'm one of those heathen Jews who celebrates the High Holidays strictly because of the awesome Jew Food rather than self-reflection, asking for forgiveness, etc. :o :slinkaway )

rfisher
09-28-2011, 04:53 PM
Happy New Year :cheer2: May it be peaceful for all.

Cheylana
09-28-2011, 04:59 PM
Shana Tovah to all on FSU who celebrate!

My friend introduced me to Rosh Hashanah a few years ago. We ate apple slices and honey, and did a "casting off of sins" at the East River (although we didn't really cast off sins per se, but moreso negativity, sickness and sadness). :)

PRlady
09-28-2011, 05:00 PM
Shanah tovah to all those celebrating (and all those who aren't but feel a bit guilty about that, like me.)

sweetsparky
09-28-2011, 09:25 PM
:cheer2: :)

paskatefan
10-04-2011, 10:50 AM
Well, it's a few days past Rosh Hashanah, but it's still the pentitential season for Jews with Yom Kippur coming on Friday evening through Saturday. One of my friends sent me this "Shanah Tovah" video, and it's too cute NOT to share! If you understand Hebrew, the music is a well known song called "Bashanah Haba-ah" (In the coming year). It's a hopeful song about children playing on vacation from school (holiday), between the house and the fields, sitting on the steps and counting the birdsl and other pleasant thoughts. Even if you don't understand the Hebrew words, I think you'll enjoy this one. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWcBn25LR5Y&sns=fb

A little in advance for Yom Kippur - G'mar Chatimah Tovah - May you be sealed for a good year! For those who fast on Yom Kippur, may it be an easy one.

Reuven
10-04-2011, 10:59 AM
Shana Tovah to all who celebrate it! Good health and happiness to everyone! And yes, what's a Jewish holiday without food? Well, actually that'd be Yom Kippur. ;)

briancoogaert
10-04-2011, 12:10 PM
Shana Tovah everyone ! :cheer2: