PDA

View Full Version : Should it be illegal to stink and not wear deodorant @ gym?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

IceAlisa
09-28-2011, 04:09 AM
You haven't smelled nothin' until you've smelled well-used hockey gear...:scream:

my little pony
09-28-2011, 04:10 AM
You haven't smelled nothin' until you've smelled well-used hockey gear...:scream:

why do you know this?

Southpaw
09-28-2011, 04:10 AM

Preach it, sister!

Aussie Willy
09-28-2011, 04:38 AM

You can smell this one even before they enter the rink.

Some smokers are just putrid after they have been out for a fag.

Although I also find people who overdose themselves on perfume can be just as bad.

myhoneyhoney
09-28-2011, 04:44 AM
There were some guys at my gym who stunk so bad I could barely breathe. They were obviously not wearing deodorant. Really not cool. Can we make a law for this?

oh my gosh, please make it a law! Last week I had 2 guys on each side that smelled HORRENDOUS! Seriously, I almost fell off the elliptical because I was trying to hold my breath. oye

Ozzisk8tr
09-28-2011, 05:07 AM
When I did a show overseas (a country where they are notorious for not bathing often) the dressers were constantly being told to wear deodorant. Nothing worse than coming off for a quick change panting and breathing deep and these dressers would lift their arms to take your helmet off and they smelt like ripe ass. I also got off the train one time at peak hour when there were no seats left and many people had their arms up to hang onto the overhead railing (in the same country) and turned and yelled "Don't you people shower over here?" Body odours are rancid.

nubka
09-28-2011, 05:10 AM
You can smell this one even before they enter the rink.

Some smokers are just putrid after they have been out for a fag.

Although I also find people who overdose themselves on perfume can be just as bad.

Heavy perfume application can be bad/overpowering to many, but at least it's not in a nasty, sweaty, stinky body odor way... :scream:

nubka
09-28-2011, 05:12 AM
When I did a show overseas (a country where they are notorious for not bathing often) the dressers were constantly being told to wear deodorant. Nothing worse than coming off for a quick change panting and breathing deep and these dressers would lift their arms to take your helmet off and they smelt like ripe ass. I also got off the train one time at peak hour when there were no seats left and many people had their arms up to hang onto the overhead railing (in the same country) and turned and yelled "Don't you people shower over here?" Body odours are rancid.

Oh, come on...what country?? :D

IceAlisa
09-28-2011, 05:17 AM
why do you know this?

Hubby plays hockey. Mini Ice too. I need a separate house.

Civic
09-28-2011, 06:15 AM
I despise B.O. and the people who cluelessly (or not) emit it. One of the dancers at the bar I used to work part-time would not wear deodorant. His lover at the time, a doctor (!), was fragrance-free too, and preferred his LOVAH the same way. Apparently it turned some customers on. "My phermones can arouse people" he'd brag. It made my eyes water. I used to :rofl: at him whenever a customer told him to go away because he smelled. It happened several times. He'd shrug his shoulders and walk away like it was no big deal, but I'd laugh....don't be coming up to me smelling like ass and armpit....

I'm reminded of that old Brothers Johnson song:

Get the funk outta my face
GET the FUNK outta my face...

Lainerb
09-28-2011, 06:26 AM
You sound like a major prude and honestly if you have that much of an issue with the way a gym smells then you probably shouldn't go there. Yes, and you are racist as well.

haribobo
09-28-2011, 11:21 AM
Lainer- Its not all the people at the gym, I'm talking about how one or two people can ruin an area of the gym I otherwise love. Which just so happened to be where the only available cardio machines were. :P And its a cultural thing in that race. It is fact that a good number people of that race do not wear deodorant (obviously not all). And I'm fine with people doing things according to culture but when you come to the gym smelling like you just rolled around in a sewer, that's taking it too far.

Rex
09-28-2011, 12:28 PM
I'm reminded of that old Brothers Johnson song:

Get the funk outta my face
GET the FUNK outta my face...

:rofl: Thanks for the morning giggle, civ!!! Made my morning.

orbitz
09-28-2011, 12:36 PM
more people should swim

This bring up a problem with people not bothering to shower being entering the pool.

Aimless
09-28-2011, 12:49 PM
I know it's an unpopular view but for gods sake, we're mammals. there are genetic reasons for our smells. That's why you all react so strongly to them. May I suggest that you could have bigger thoughts about what's going on here? The big drug corporations have convinced us that their stuff smells better than our stuff and we've bought the whole package. I use it but I'm not sure why. It's a silly commercial social convention that further alienates us from the beings that we truly are. I used to date a guy who was in the merchant marine and we would be separated for two months or more. When he came home I'd meet him at the airport and bury my nose in his armpit and inhale as if I'd been suffocating. He smelled great to me, mildly tangy and so masculine. Thank heaven the feminine deodorant sprays didn't really catch on.
You're sure you want laws about this? Keep the laws off my body please.
Rant over. I know no one will agree with me.