PDA

View Full Version : Terra Nova

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Bostonfan
09-27-2011, 06:59 PM
I don't see a thread on this show that premiered last night. Did anyone watch? I really enjoyed it. Although I kept thinking that it was a rough first day on Terra Nova for the Shannon family :)

It's not as engaging as the 2 hour premiere of LOST was, but it was still pretty fun to watch. I doubt it'll be as mythology-driven as LOST, but it has set up some intriguing questions.

I was a little confused at the end with the dialogue between the two "sixers". I'm not clear on whether they were saying that the lead guy's "missing" son was leaving the equations on the rocks?

I'm planning to tune in again.

BigB08822
09-27-2011, 07:02 PM
I tried but I couldn't like it. I thought some of the special effects were :rolleyes: inducing. The children really got on my nerves and then the adults just weren't likable. As I said in the other thread, I found myself rooting for the dinosaurs. I am most intrigued by the other group of people, how they came to be there and what the markings all mean but I doubt the reveal will be quick enough to keep my interest.

Bostonfan
09-27-2011, 07:06 PM
I didn't see another thread. Moderators, feel free to close this one. I'll find the other discussion.

genevieve
09-27-2011, 07:29 PM
"the other thread" is one for all the dramas debuting this fall, not specific to TN

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79892

PrincessLeppard
09-27-2011, 08:03 PM
I had it on, but it didn't really hold my attention and I lost the plot at some point. I will watch it next week, though and see if it picks up.

KHenry14
09-27-2011, 09:17 PM
I watched it and kinda liked it. So much that I set my DVR to record it each week. Not many new shows do I do that with. :)

Much like Lost, there are a lot of questions to be answered. Hopefully, unlike Lost, questions will get answered on this show. LOL

Buzz
09-27-2011, 09:30 PM
I like it and will continue to watch because I love most sci-fi type shows. They are a dime a dozen but so very few lost very long.

BigB08822
09-27-2011, 11:24 PM
I like it and will continue to watch because I love most sci-fi type shows. They are a dime a dozen but so very few lost very long.

We are all really jonesing for more Lost episodes I think.

:shuffle:

rfisher
09-28-2011, 12:49 AM
I loved it. The 2nd hour was definitely more exciting in regards to action. Lots of interesting plot lines. Who are the Sixers? Why are they there? Why is the son scribbling all the symbols at the waterfall (totally debunked my theory about aliens). Father of stupid girl who got mauled by the dino must be the inside guy. What's the relationship with Skye and the fearless leader? I thought it was great.

rfisher
09-28-2011, 12:50 AM
I was a little confused at the end with the dialogue between the two "sixers". I'm not clear on whether they were saying that the lead guy's "missing" son was leaving the equations on the rocks?

I'm planning to tune in again.

That is what they were saying.

MarieM
09-28-2011, 01:22 PM
I'd love for the channel to bring Virtuality instead of that crap. Or outcast, take your pick.
But this lame adaptation of jurassik park is so far all kind of wrongs.

HeatherC
09-29-2011, 02:41 AM
I really enjoyed Terra Nova and I'm glad it has it's own thread now. I'm intrigued by the mysteries that they've set up and I love Jason O'Mara too so I'll keep watching. Excited to find out what's next for everyone next week. :)

Holley Calmes
09-29-2011, 04:38 AM
In a TV world that cancelled Chicago Code and only has Justified on 13 weeks starting in February....I actually found the 2 hour first episode to be entertaining. I rather like the silver-haired commando in charge, but then, he does remind me of an ex-boyfriend, or at least how he looks now on Facebook. Seriously, it was entertaining. Yes, the characters are all pretty by the book. Yawn. But damn-those dinos are fabulous! Chomp chomp! Perhaps a lottery on which of the sweet little family get eaten first?

BigB08822
09-29-2011, 04:39 AM
The silver haired dude that is in charge just reminds me of the guy on Avatar. I actually thought it was him but after looking closely I don't think it is. It just feels like they took that character and said "yeah, we want one of him!"

KHenry14
09-29-2011, 05:00 AM
The silver haired dude that is in charge just reminds me of the guy on Avatar. I actually thought it was him but after looking closely I don't think it is. It just feels like they took that character and said "yeah, we want one of him!"

Actually, it is the same guy. It's the great Stephen Lang. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002332/