PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With The Stars, Week 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]

rfisher
09-29-2011, 06:25 PM
I think Karina could take him. She's small, but she's feisty.

Rob
09-29-2011, 06:59 PM
Ryan Ramirez was one of the dancers in the Demi Lovato piece. I think she was with Robert Roldan, but it was hard to see.

I think I caught a glimpse of Kayla Radomski in the Macy's Stars of Dance group number. I thought it was pretty lame actually.

pixie cut
09-29-2011, 07:55 PM
Ryan Ramirez was one of the dancers in the Demi Lovato piece. I think she was with Robert Roldan, but it was hard to see.

It wasn't Ryan. It was Allison Holker. Didn't you see her sitting behind Bruno on Monday's show? Ryan couldn't dance like that.

Rob
09-29-2011, 08:43 PM
Actually, it was Ryan. You can see her face at the end when she climbs up on the scaffold.

"Demi Lovato - Skyscraper Featuring Ryan Ramirez, Robert Roldan, Chaz Buzan and Pam Chu ...As Seen On ŠABC, All Rights Reserved."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzFVaSfoUGE

Here she is tweeting about it:

http://twitter.com/#!/RyanlRamirez

Jimena
09-29-2011, 09:27 PM
It wasn't Ryan. It was Allison Holker. Didn't you see her sitting behind Bruno on Monday's show? Ryan couldn't dance like that.

:rolleyes:

It was Ryan.

I love it when people wax poetic about "Allison's" dancing on DWTS and then they completely shut up when they find out it was Ryan.

I wouldn't be surprised if some people out there (who praised "Allison's" dancing) would've torn the piece to shreds had they known from the start that it was Ryan.

rfisher
09-29-2011, 10:17 PM
Only people who watch SYTYCD. :shuffle: The rest of us have no clue who those extras are. I never pay them any attention.

pixie cut
09-29-2011, 10:44 PM
It was Ryan.

I love it when people wax poetic about "Allison's" dancing on DWTS and then they completely shut up when they find out it was Ryan.

I wouldn't be surprised if some people out there (who praised "Allison's" dancing) would've torn the piece to shreds had they known from the start that it was Ryan.

I think she did a very nice job. I wish she had danced like that on SYTYCD. I stand by every bad word I wrote about Ryan. Here the focus wasn't on her and the lighting and props were kind, but in addition to that she did a very good job.

I did see Allison in the audience behind Bruno's left shoulder on Monday night. She may have been in the big production number.

Rob
09-29-2011, 11:31 PM
I liked it too, but then again I have liked everything I have seen of Ryan in her style outside of SYTYCD (you tube, House, some other guest spots). Don't know why she underwhelmed on SYTYCD. The choreographers clearly love her.

pixie cut
09-29-2011, 11:46 PM
I liked it too, but then again I have liked everything I have seen of Ryan in her style outside of SYTYCD (you tube, House, some other guest spots). Don't know why she underwhelmed on SYTYCD. The choreographers clearly love her.

The pressure, the emotional demands placed, the varied styles and the short time to learn each piece. The choreographers in her past clearly valued her, but watching SYTYCD you wouldn't know why.

danceronice
09-30-2011, 12:20 AM
Only people who watch SYTYCD. :shuffle: The rest of us have no clue who those extras are. I never pay them any attention.

+1. I only notice when the routine's especially silly, like the "Busby Berkley" number.

screech
09-30-2011, 03:52 AM
I'd be looking for a hit man, too. JR executed the choreo he was given and did it with some panache. If Len wants to harp on choreo, the judges should be giving two scores - one to the pro for the choreo, one to the celeb for the dancing.

To be fair, they are always introduced by both the star and pro's names. Not just 'JR and Partner.' It's 'JR and Karina.' And if the pro wasn't really being scored, why would Derek be referred to as a 3 time winner, instead of having partnered 3 winners. They are both being scored - it's not just the star that the score reflects.