PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With The Stars, Week 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15

kwanfan1818
09-29-2011, 06:01 AM
And it's not as if he choreographed his own programs. He's not supposed to know what a jive is.

skaternum
09-29-2011, 02:39 PM
This link was posted somewhere on here earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewjOp8o1bUY :scream:

Holy shite, that was horrible. I'm relieved we've been spared any more of that. Models need to just stand still and stop trying to dance. It hardly ever works out.

AYS
09-29-2011, 02:44 PM
Wasn't Louis van Amstel's last season's partner a stripper?

The show with backstage didn't record (:mad:), but I just watched the summary show (aired before the results show). I loved JR Martinez. I don't know if he's a ballroom dancer, but that man can dance.
Yeah, he's my pretty clear favorite at this point. Likeable too, in general.

danceronice
09-29-2011, 02:51 PM
And it's not as if he choreographed his own programs. He's not supposed to know what a jive is.

Well, Karina did and she should and does.

Jimena
09-29-2011, 02:58 PM
I'm still thinking that it was a jive with Lindy Hop elements and not a Lindy Hop per se. The beginning and end had Lindy Hop but I thought there was a lot of jive in the middle.

And Louis Van Amstel agrees with me! (http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2011/09/louis-van-amstels-dancing-with-the-stars-dish-week-2/)

J.R. did such a natural jive, as if he has done it for years. I also love the fact that he enjoys himself so much. He’s great at both ballroom and Latin. He’s the one to watch out for. The only Lindy Hop I saw in the dance were the Lindy kicks on stage and toward the end, which many world class competitors have in their jive routines. So Len, why are you calling them out on it? It was maybe 10 seconds of the whole routine! Oh, and Lindy Hop is part of the heritage of jive. I do have to agree with Carrie Ann’s critique — there was a lift. I just hope she’s going to be a consistent lift police officer this season! I’d give them three 8s.

He also called Mark on his "gimmicks". Way overdue, IMO.

danceronice
09-29-2011, 03:07 PM
At least someone's calling Mark out--I saw the replay of his quickstep and really, I think Nancy got an 8 from Len more as a message to everyone else to tone down stunts and props.

I would have scored JR higher regardless of how lindy-ish it was, just because he had speed and precision and energy. Lindy's even faster than jive and he did it like he's been dancing forever! I do not understand how Ricki's routine beat that.

Jimena
09-29-2011, 03:22 PM
Ricki was cringe-worthy IMO. She's not a good dancer. She's heavy on her feet. I think she only got that score because of her partner.

rfisher
09-29-2011, 03:37 PM
We all know Ricki didn't get the scores; Derek did. Pure and simple. Same with JR. They scored Karina down, not him.

skatesindreams
09-29-2011, 03:57 PM
I'm still thinking that it was a jive with Lindy Hop elements and not a Lindy Hop per se. The beginning and end had Lindy Hop but I thought there was a lot of jive in the middle.

And Louis Van Amstel agrees with me! (http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2011/09/louis-van-amstels-dancing-with-the-stars-dish-week-2/)

Bravo, Louis!

kwanfan1818
09-29-2011, 04:08 PM
We all know Ricki didn't get the scores; Derek did. Pure and simple. Same with JR. They scored Karina down, not him.

I don't understand why: with Hough and Ballas, I find myself trying to swat them out of my visual field to watch what their partners are doing. They're like gnats.

Cheylana
09-29-2011, 04:09 PM
I missed the season opener but watched Week 2 last night. Rooting for J.R. to go all the way! I just LOVE him! I may even pick up my phone and vote, which I haven't done since Evan competed.

J.R.--woohoooo!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

rfisher
09-29-2011, 04:31 PM
I don't understand why: with Hough and Ballas, I find myself trying to swat them out of my visual field to watch what their partners are doing. They're like gnats.

I always watch the pros faces during the judging critique. They know when their partner wasn't good and just look resigned. The celebs just look puzzled when the judges go on about stuff they have no clue about. When the partner did everything the pro asked and more, you can see the anger when Len or Carrie Ann start babbling. They know who the judges are talking to even if they pretend it's the celeb. I don't blame some of them for getting angry. They also know the voting public likes to be entertained and will vote for the couple that does that. That's why they were costumes or use props that they know Len will natter about.

kwanfan1818
09-29-2011, 05:31 PM
I always watch the pros faces during the judging critique. They know when their partner wasn't good and just look resigned. The celebs just look puzzled when the judges go on about stuff they have no clue about. When the partner did everything the pro asked and more, you can see the anger when Len or Carrie Ann start babbling. They know who the judges are talking to even if they pretend it's the celeb. I don't blame some of them for getting angry. They also know the voting public likes to be entertained and will vote for the couple that does that. That's why they were costumes or use props that they know Len will natter about.
That's really fascinating -- I'll start doing that regularly from now on.

I did notice, though, that if looks could kill this week, Karina's would have incinerated the judges.

Aceon6
09-29-2011, 05:41 PM
I did notice, though, that if looks could kill this week, Karina's would have incinerated the judges.

I'd be looking for a hit man, too. JR executed the choreo he was given and did it with some panache. If Len wants to harp on choreo, the judges should be giving two scores - one to the pro for the choreo, one to the celeb for the dancing.

skatesindreams
09-29-2011, 05:47 PM

Go, Karina!