PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With The Stars, Week 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15

MarieM
09-28-2011, 01:21 PM
I want some Maks. He's Mine :P

skatemommy
09-28-2011, 07:02 PM
In the opening men's number, I noticed all of the fast pirouettes they were doing rotated CW (the hard way). Is that natural of Russians or was that the choreography?

What is up with men dancing with black pants, black shoes and WHITE socks? (please don't tell me it's an MJ thing....)

I swore Ricki had been on the show before, then I remembered I am thinking of Marissa J-Winokur! Both heavy early in their careers, lost weight, etc. They could be sisters :P

Chynna reminds me of Jennifer Grey and has probably has dance lessons during her career.

If Miss Meany Butt model had been halfway gracious, she may have landed Brooke's position if she decides to have another baby. I think she just married hubby #4.

kwanfan1818
09-28-2011, 07:08 PM
I want some Maks. He's Mine :P

Will he go in your petting zoo with your Rene Lohse? :P

soxxy
09-28-2011, 07:22 PM
I swore Ricki had been on the show before, then I remembered I am thinking of Marissa J-Winokur! Both heavy early in their careers, lost weight, etc. They could be sisters :P

Ricki played Tracy in the original, non-muscial, movie Hairspray, Marissa played Tracy in the Broadway musical Hairspray, and I've forgotten who played Tracy in the movie of the musical Hairspray. I guess she should be on DWTS.

If Miss Meany Butt model had been halfway gracious, she may have landed Brooke's position if she decides to have another baby. I think she just married hubby #4.

Elisabetta? Brooke? FTR, I found Elisabetta really unpleasant. Maybe she comes across better "in Italian." Why not just put yourself in Val's hands? He really does know best.

skatesindreams
09-28-2011, 07:45 PM
Elisabetta had no "likability factor" at all.
That, combined with lacking a fanbase, guaranteed that she would go home.

Veronika
09-28-2011, 08:18 PM

Brooke just married hubby number 2, not number 4.

danceronice
09-28-2011, 09:52 PM
In the opening men's number, I noticed all of the fast pirouettes they were doing rotated CW (the hard way). Is that natural of Russians or was that the choreography?

There's no preference in dance. You turn both ways all the time. (And as a clockwise spinner, "hard way" is entirely a matter of preference. ;) )

mrr50
09-28-2011, 11:21 PM
Carson could replace Brooke

liv
09-29-2011, 12:33 AM
Elisabetta going was not a big surprise. I think many people wondered how she got on the show in the first place and to top it off, you could tell she was trying too hard whenever the camera was on her to make some sort of face, or smile, or pose.

Wanted to like her, but it was obvious that she was using this as her break in to US show biz. I know the others are often D listers, but they've usually been famous or known for something a little more than just dating someone famous.

kwanfan1818
09-29-2011, 12:51 AM
Carson could replace Brooke
Oh, what an eville thought!

. I know the others are often D listers, but they've usually been famous or known for something a little more than just dating someone famous.
She's just not famous in America.

danceronice
09-29-2011, 01:03 AM
She's just not famous in America.

Wasn't she on some TV show in Italy that involved models kind of dancing (I don't think the dance was really the point)?

She might be famous in Italy, but that would argue for going on the Italian DWTS.

shan
09-29-2011, 01:13 AM
This link was posted somewhere on here earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewjOp8o1bUY :scream:

PRlady
09-29-2011, 01:48 AM
Isn't "velina" sort of Italian for bimbo? I remember reading stories about Italian women protesting the incessant use of sex in every show and advertisement and the women they were dissing were velinas. That is what Ms. Canalis appears to be.

kwanfan1818
09-29-2011, 03:19 AM
Wasn't Louis van Amstel's last season's partner a stripper?

The show with backstage didn't record (:mad:), but I just watched the summary show (aired before the results show). I loved JR Martinez. I don't know if he's a ballroom dancer, but that man can dance.

danceronice
09-29-2011, 03:49 AM
JR so got underscored. Len was right, but sheesh, JR was fast on his feet.

And Kendra was not only a stripper, she was one of Hugh Hefner's "girlfriends."