PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With The Stars, Week 2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15

my little pony
09-27-2011, 05:20 PM
Plus, she's not a star. Sigh.

i'm pretty sure most of these people arent even using very generous definitions of the word star

skatemommy
09-27-2011, 05:25 PM
Why oh why don't the wardrobe people spanx the big girls? Nancy was giving it her all and it was uncomfortable watching the girls bounce around. DancerOnIce - don't the ballroom girls tape their stuff in place so this kind of slip doesn't happen?

love skating
09-27-2011, 05:51 PM
Loved JR - that just made me smile. I loved him on All My Children too - he's such a likeable guy.

Chynna's my other fave, but I knew jive wouldn't be her best dance - she's a little too dainty, graceful. But she did well.

I missed half of Ricki's dance so I can't really say if she deserved the top score or not.

Garden Kitty
09-27-2011, 05:57 PM
I missed half of Ricki's dance so I can't really say if she deserved the top score or not.

Please, not seeing the performances has never stopped me from having strong opinions, in DWTS or skating. :lol:

skatesindreams
09-27-2011, 06:03 PM
Why oh why don't the wardrobe people spanx the big girls? Nancy was giving it her all and it was uncomfortable watching the girls bounce around. DancerOnIce - don't the ballroom girls tape their stuff in place so this kind of slip doesn't happen?

What happened to building foundation garments into the costumes?

danceronice
09-27-2011, 06:45 PM

We usually don't have to. Our dresses have the bra cups built in and are designed to support (and also to be worn without anything under them--90% have bodysuits build in and you really shouldn't wear anything else, it looks funny.) Randall's LA shop doesn't seem to have the slightest idea how to deal with women who are generously endowed. (Though, in fairness, I am NOT large up top and had a similar problem with one of his Phoenix shop's off-the-rack dresses after they did the alterations on the back for me, and finally had to have the girl at out studio who does alterations put a back strap on to avoid slippage. But it's an off-the-shoulder design and not custom-fitted to boot.) I am not sure why they're not doing a better job--the brown dress from the promo pics almost looked like they grabbed anything and was clearly not cut well for her up top. Again, I am NOT teeny and I have curves, if not as well-endowed up top as Nancy, and I can wear Randall's stuff without worrying. They should be able to add some support in the design of the dress itself--halter necks, tighter straps, some boning, better cup design (you DO need cups/pads to shape, no matter what size you are, in these dresses. Most of us ARE adding volume, but even if you've got it naturally, a little support in the right place goes a long way.) That or they are measuring WAY off for some reason. Her dresses just don't seem to be the right proportions.

NancyNC
09-27-2011, 07:00 PM
Please, not seeing the performances has never stopped me from having strong opinions, in DWTS or skating. :lol:

Isn't that the FSU motto? :lol:

love skating
09-27-2011, 07:16 PM

In that case I will she did not deserve the top score (from what I saw). :lol:

mrr50
09-28-2011, 12:38 AM
Isn't that the FSU motto? :lol:

Yes it is!

deltask8er
09-28-2011, 01:34 AM
So that's all it was? :blah:

Dancing With the Stars Behind-the-Scenes: Did Nancy Grace Really Have a Nip Slip?

http://www.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kristin/dancing_with_stars_behind-the-scenes/266227

Maybe Val will be put out of his misery tonight. No more trying to figure out how to communicate with Italian model who wants to remain semi-famous by dancing awkwardly in front of millions.

LuckyCharm
09-28-2011, 02:04 AM
Watching the replay of last night's performances. I think Karina might finally get her Mirrorball. JR and Chynna for the final 2. In most other seasons, I'd expect Chynna to finish 4th or 5th, but in this season's field seems especially weak both on talent and star power, so I think she can go far.

Garden Kitty
09-28-2011, 02:05 AM
Well that opening number worked for me :)

danceronice
09-28-2011, 02:09 AM
Well that opening number worked for me :)

I was thinking much the same thing...

danceronice
09-28-2011, 02:14 AM
Wow, there's a whole lotta standing in Ricki's "jive." JR's was poor technique but at least Lindy Hop is fast (actually faster than Jive.) I wish I could be this lazy in my CLOSED BRONZE Jive routine and not be hurting everywhere when I'm done.

rfisher
09-28-2011, 02:15 AM
That certainly wasn't the encore I wanted to see. JR and Karina will have to fight for that mirror ball. I do not understand the producer's fascination with Derek.