PDA

View Full Version : Lepistö´s career unclear

Pages : 1 [2]

IceIceBaby
09-27-2011, 09:25 AM
According to this article http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/muutlajit/uutiset.shtml/2011/09/1397822/laura-lepistolla-pahoja-ongelmia?taitoluistelu she will resume her training in November earliest. So it's very likely that she won't be at TEB. And maybe also the Euros will come too soon? I still hope she will be able to continue her career but I guess nerve problems are difficult to heal.

maija
09-27-2011, 09:42 AM
I really hope she doesn't have to retire.

I really hope it, too!

Laura loves skating and wants to skate!

Hedwig
09-27-2011, 10:01 AM
This is a thread I really didn't want to see. :(

I wish Laura all the best. Her health is more important than her career and even though I hope with all my heart that we will see her again competitively she should be proud at what she achieved so far and listen to her body.

Sigh, poor Finland. After already losing Jenni now the danger of losing Laura...

paskatefan
09-27-2011, 10:38 AM
I really hope she doesn't have to retire.

Such a shame that she may have to end her career like that. I would have love to see what she could achieve.

I really hope it, too!

Laura loves skating and wants to skate!

This is a thread I really didn't want to see. :(

I wish Laura all the best. Her health is more important than her career and even though I hope with all my heart that we will see her again competitively she should be proud at what she achieved so far and listen to her body.

Sigh, poor Finland. After already losing Jenni now the danger of losing Laura...

:respec:

lowtherlore
09-27-2011, 11:03 AM
She's a lovely lady and very accomplished skater. I always liked her skating and I hope we get to see her back in competition.

She's young, and I've seen some cases where peripheral/limb pain or uneasiness was linked to a problem in other unexpected area, and cured by relatively simple therapy or surgery. If her problem is persistent, I wish she's open to different opinions, including those from oriental medicine.

Loves_Shizuka
09-27-2011, 03:01 PM
Noooo. Health comes first, but I really hope she can skate competitively again.

All the best, Laura!

Evilynn
09-27-2011, 09:30 PM
Oh, that really sucks. :( I really hope she can recover, although health obviously comes first I'd hate for her to end her career that way. :(

peibeck
09-27-2011, 10:02 PM
:wuzrobbed

Is she likely to coach or choreograph if she cannot continue competing? She has such lovely skating skills, perhaps she help pass them on to a younger generation of Finnish skaters?

Iceman
09-27-2011, 10:16 PM
nerves on her leg have not healed??? Exactly what is her injury?

Finnice
09-28-2011, 06:14 AM
nerves on her leg have not healed??? Exactly what is her injury?
That is the reason given.

VIETgrlTerifa
09-28-2011, 06:28 AM
I'm not a big fan of Laura, but I hate it when a skater or any athlete is forced to retire due to injury. I hope she recovers and can compete again.