PDA

View Full Version : What (who?) next for Jana Khokhlova?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Sylvia
09-26-2011, 09:24 PM
Time for a new thread since the old one is over 1000 posts.

Khokhlova-Andreev are done, says the Secretary General of Russian Figure Skating Federation Valentin Piseev (http://www.mn.ru/newspaper_sport/20110926/305223178.html)

According to him, athletes of Jana's level (European champion and World medalist) cannot be wasted. Most likely she will seek a new partner.

Moka-Ananas
09-26-2011, 09:49 PM
My choice would be Ivan Volobuev. He's 20 I think and awesome.

Vash01
09-26-2011, 09:52 PM
Sad for Fedor. :(

Pikachuusb
09-27-2011, 12:08 AM
I hope she finds someone soon :(

Ziggy
09-27-2011, 12:18 AM

That. He's very promising and there isn't really anybody better available around, is there?

Tak
09-27-2011, 01:42 AM

I third this. He has a very dramatic style of skating which would mesh well with hers. Oh PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE - somebody out there - suggest this to her!!!

Jenna
09-27-2011, 01:46 AM
K/A never really materialized, unfortunately. :(

Jana is so talented. She deserves another world medal. I hope she can find her "Trankov!"

Mevrouw
09-27-2011, 01:58 AM
I liked Finnice's suggestion of John Kerr from the last thread. Complicated as to countries though.

SamuraiK
09-27-2011, 02:25 AM
Volobuiev is the only choice IMO but the coach thing is an obstacle. She didn't part in good terms with Svinin/Zhuk. After him.. umm what happened with the lost post Torino generation of dancers??? Sergeev, Maximishin, Grachev?? will any of these be willing to un-retire ala Blanchard..

If she goes for internationals again what about Sergei Verbillo? He was similar to Novitski, decent skater and the UKR-RUS nationalities issues I believe are much easier to work out.

blue_idealist
09-27-2011, 03:28 AM
I hope she finds a new partner. I thought she was ok with Andreev, but I'm not that sad that they're done, since she really deserves much better than him and wasn't going to get much farther than Russian Nationals with him, IMO.

kwanfan1818
09-27-2011, 03:51 AM
If she goes for internationals again what about Sergei Verbillo? He was similar to Novitski, decent skater and the UKR-RUS nationalities issues I believe are much easier to work out.

With Andreev, she didn't go international. He's a Russian citizen, which simplified matters,

Karpenko
09-27-2011, 05:47 AM
I hope she finds someone who she doesn't have to hold back around. Jana is more talented than a lot of teams combined that have won world and Oly medals, plus she's so cool with how she pulls such extreme idea's off. She deserves to have her Volosozhar/Trankov moment.

I actually really like the idea of her skating with John Kerr a lot!! But that would be a citizenship :drama: I would love to see Jana switch countries :cheer:

quiqie
09-27-2011, 07:38 AM
She didn't part in good terms with Svinin/Zhuk.

From the same article: http://www.mn.ru/newspaper_sport/20110926/305223178.html

As Yana's former coach Alexander Svinin said, if there were available partners in Russia, Yana wouldn't have to look for someone abroad. "We maintain good relations with Yana. She is in excellent shape. If everything works out well for her and she needs our help, we will not refuse. We don't abandon our students."

Domshabfan
09-27-2011, 07:53 AM
I hope she finds someone who she doesn't have to hold back around. Jana is more talented than a lot of teams combined that have won world and Oly medals, plus she's so cool with how she pulls such extreme idea's off. She deserves to have her Volosozhar/Trankov moment.

I actually really like the idea of her skating with John Kerr a lot!! But that would be a citizenship :drama: I would love to see Jana switch countries :cheer:

If Russia can fast forward his citizenship, can't he compete at the worlds this year since his last competition was at europeans 2011 (i Know this is not going to happen). Same things can be said of Jana she could also compete at the 2012 worlds for GBR if UK can fast forward the citizenship (not going to happen as well.)

Tak
09-27-2011, 09:52 AM
From the same article: http://www.mn.ru/newspaper_sport/20110926/305223178.html

i hope this is his way of offering an olive branch - and telling her she is welcome back. Maybe he thinks Volobuev would be ideal for her as well.

[I live in hope.]