PDA

View Full Version : What (who?) next for Jana Khokhlova?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Frau Muller
09-27-2011, 07:50 PM
I was going to suggest Tkachenko, but I remember reading that too.

Oh well, so much for *that* great idea. :slinkaway

Ziggy
09-28-2011, 01:30 AM
I'd love to see Kokhlova with Tkachenko, for example. (Ryazanova is too tall & biggish for him, IMO.) Piseev should look for an existing Russian dance couple in which the man is the star then 'make things happen' for the glory of Mother Russia.

They would look absolutely ridiculous with the height difference.

And Tkachenko is very happy skating with Riazanova.

kirkbiggestfan
09-28-2011, 03:05 AM
Sergei Novitski is 1m80 (6'), while Tkachenko is 1m83(Is that 6'1?). Jana is 1m58 (5'2"). She already looked like a pair skater with Novisky and Tkachenko's body type isn't that much different from Tkachenko.
Just find her an ice dancer this time. :LT31:

Domshabfan
09-28-2011, 09:27 AM
Sergei Novitski is 1m80 (6'), while Tkachenko is 1m83(Is that 6'1?). Jana is 1m58 (5'2"). She already looked like a pair skater with Novisky and Tkachenko's body type isn't that much different from Tkachenko.
Just find her an ice dancer this time. :LT31:

Leave Tkachenko and Khaliavin, they re progressing just fine with their current partner.

zotza
09-28-2011, 09:51 AM
Leave the top 4 russian teams alone please.They don't need Yana, all of them have really good partners...unless we really want to destroy russian ice dancing all over again..

Zemgirl
09-28-2011, 01:47 PM
Jana turns 26 next week and even if she somehow finds a new partner, they won't have time to get to the level they'll need to be competitive in Sochi, and she's not going to stay in until 2018. Is there anything that she can realistically aim for that she hasn't already achieved with Novitski? She took a risk with Andreev, she must have known she was taking a risk - and it didn't pay off; in his defense, it was his health that ended their partnership, not him deciding that he doesn't feel like ice dancing anymore, and I'm not sure the injury could be predicted (isn't it his knee, while in the past he had problems with his back?).

My guess is that she is done with competitive skating. I'm sure she'll have a fine career partnering celebrities on whatever Russian skating show is running these days; I can't see her going the Shae-Lynn Bourne route and skating solo in shows.

Braulio
09-28-2011, 04:47 PM
Deividas Stagniunas and they could skate for Azerbaijan

Domshabfan
09-28-2011, 05:33 PM
Deividas Stagniunas and they could skate for Azerbaijan

Yup ... the universal acceptors, the Azerbaijan.

Cherub721
09-28-2011, 11:02 PM
Jana turns 26 next week and even if she somehow finds a new partner, they won't have time to get to the level they'll need to be competitive in Sochi, and she's not going to stay in until 2018. Is there anything that she can realistically aim for that she hasn't already achieved with Novitski? She took a risk with Andreev, she must have known she was taking a risk - and it didn't pay off; in his defense, it was his health that ended their partnership, not him deciding that he doesn't feel like ice dancing anymore, and I'm not sure the injury could be predicted (isn't it his knee, while in the past he had problems with his back?).

Sadly I have to agree. Her career was more or less done when she paired up with Andreev. I don't see an Olympic medal or World title in her future, but maybe she's one of those people who just loves to compete.

I can't see her going the Shae-Lynn Bourne route and skating solo in shows.

Really? I never thought about it but I would love to see Jana doing that. :D She has so much personality and she'd basically be doing rhythmic gymnastics on the ice. She has a good biellman spin too.

blue_idealist
09-29-2011, 12:13 AM
Even if there's no one really good who wants to skate competitively with Jana, maybe a former champion would want to skate with her in shows.

Aussie Willy
09-29-2011, 01:45 AM
She would be great in the Imperial Ice Stars. It would be fantastic to see her in those shows.

On the other hand, she alone makes a great case to bring in solo dance into the World Championships. Wouldn't you pay just to see her do her voidy thing?

Tak
09-29-2011, 02:39 AM
I am still hoping to see her skate competitively again. I hope she teams up with someone soon. She seems to have the continuing support of the Russian Federation, so I am optimisitic that we might get to see her compete again.

Pikachuusb
09-29-2011, 11:34 PM
I hope so, I really enjoy her skating

Civic
10-02-2011, 02:28 AM
arkadi sergeev would be great for her; itīs a shame, he and mikhailova never matched to stay long enough to achieve great results; they were gorgeous with excellent skills.

i hope yana quickly finds someone worth new, we canīt loose another great diva of this sport. iīm still getting used to never seeing maria mukhortova again:(

I didn't realize Mukhortova was done. When did she announce her retirement?

caseyedwards
10-02-2011, 02:41 AM
She has to continue and deliver more of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuPplWqrbss