PDA

View Full Version : What (who?) next for Jana Khokhlova?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Tak
09-27-2011, 10:13 AM
I hope she finds someone who she doesn't have to hold back around. Jana is more talented than a lot of teams combined that have won world and Oly medals, plus she's so cool with how she pulls such extreme idea's off. She deserves to have her Volosozhar/Trankov moment.

:cheer:

Amen! ITA.

Personally, I'd like to see her back with her old coaches. For me, they are the best choreographers in Russia today. Just looking at the JGP, most of the dances I've really liked have all come from those coaches.

Jaana
09-27-2011, 10:30 AM
I sure hope she finds a new partner soon! Did not think that Andreew was a good choice, more like a waste of time, but did not expect the partnership to end because of an injury.

Jeschke
09-27-2011, 11:07 AM
arkadi sergeev would be great for her; itīs a shame, he and mikhailova never matched to stay long enough to achieve great results; they were gorgeous with excellent skills.

i hope yana quickly finds someone worth new, we canīt loose another great diva of this sport. iīm still getting used to never seeing maria mukhortova again:(

leigh466
09-27-2011, 01:50 PM
For those of us not following the other thread. Is Andreev injured?

quiqie
09-27-2011, 01:53 PM
Yana speaks:

http://sport.ria.ru/figure_skating/20110927/444514108.html

"I cannot say anything definite yet. The situation is not entirely clear to me. At the moment we still have some reserve, we will consider [different possibilities]. The most important thing now is to decide what I want for myself and what my future will be. And, you know, it's a creative process. I can't say now when I will make the final decision," - Khokhlova said in a phone interview.

"He was injured during practice in the end of June, and underwent different examinations. His decision wasn't a surprise to me. It happened. Unfortunately."

Khokhlova added that she doesn't know who could become her partner. "The team is fully packed right now, we have very good young couples. There are no partners available. But we'll see."

casken
09-27-2011, 02:24 PM
Maybe Khaliavin can trade up.

GarrAarghHrumph
09-27-2011, 02:36 PM
Sergei Verbillo is an interesting idea, but I had thought he'd had his own health issues which factored into his retirement - knees maybe? I don't remember. Others who recall more can correct me, please.

Frau Muller
09-27-2011, 02:51 PM
How about teaming Jana with -- drumroll! -- a Russian? I think that it's ridiculous and ludicrous for a country with such a strong dance & pairs tradition to look outside its borders for partnering possibilities. Period.

I'd love to see Kokhlova with Tkachenko, for example. (Ryazanova is too tall & biggish for him, IMO.) Piseev should look for an existing Russian dance couple in which the man is the star then 'make things happen' for the glory of Mother Russia.

kirkbiggestfan
09-27-2011, 03:11 PM
In the good ol soviet times, they would haven broken up a current team to get her a suitable partner. They would have told Tkachenko to skate with her...not ask him nicely.

mineko
09-27-2011, 03:30 PM
Not sure where I read this, but didn't Yana approached Tkachenko re: partnering up? Apparently Tkachenko told Yana that he was happy with Ryazanova. That's why she approached Andreev?

hanca
09-27-2011, 07:11 PM
If Russia can fast forward his citizenship, can't he compete at the worlds this year since his last competition was at europeans 2011 (i Know this is not going to happen). Same things can be said of Jana she could also compete at the 2012 worlds for GBR if UK can fast forward the citizenship (not going to happen as well.)

They don't have to have the citizenship to compete at Worlds. They need to change the citizenship only to compete at Olympics.

kwanfan1818
09-27-2011, 07:20 PM
NM.

briancoogaert
09-27-2011, 07:25 PM
She is amazing, and I really hope to see her really soon with a good partner.
I'm sure there are plenty of good ice dancers in Russia.

casken
09-27-2011, 07:33 PM
Not sure where I read this, but didn't Yana approached Tkachenko re: partnering up? Apparently Tkachenko told Yana that he was happy with Ryazanova. That's why she approached Andreev?

I was going to suggest Tkachenko, but I remember reading that too.

In the good ol soviet times, they would haven broken up a current team to get her a suitable partner. They would have told Tkachenko to skate with her...not ask him nicely.

Yep! :lol:

peibeck
09-27-2011, 07:47 PM
My choice would be Ivan Volobuev. He's 20 I think and awesome.

His edge work is lovely :swoon:, but he doesn't seem very strong in the lifts. Of course, he is very young so he could improve that area in his skating.

Is Jana about the same height as Valeria?