PDA

View Full Version : Evan's Goal to Be in Sochi in 2014

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

sk9tingfan
09-24-2011, 04:21 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/globetrotting/chi-lysacek-not-ready-to-commit-to-skate-america-20110923,0,3510665.column

http://www.denverpost.com/dontmiss/ci_18966229

SkateFan66
09-24-2011, 05:05 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/globetrotting/chi-lysacek-not-ready-to-commit-to-skate-america-20110923,0,3510665.column

http://www.denverpost.com/dontmiss/ci_18966229

:cheer: :cheer2: :cheer: :cheer2:

caseyedwards
09-24-2011, 07:38 AM
Hersh does not mention any changes in the scoring system at all. If Lysacek wants to come back and maybe do one quad in a free skate, GOOD LUCK!!

"All is forgiven" Like Plushenko has anything to apologized for or be forgiven for. 1998, 2002, 2006 winners all did quads. Lysacek should apologize for nearly destroying the technical progression of mens skating. If the ISU didn't change the rules how many skaters would be doing quads now? Hersh just wrote about Mroz quad lutz? Like that would have happened if the ISU didn't do anything about the standard for gold in the Olympics being quadless.

Spartacus
09-24-2011, 07:45 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2011-09/23456405692120-23174544.jpg
LOL Awwwwww, chin up, Plush!:rofl:

Lanie
09-24-2011, 07:45 AM
Oh, caseyedwards, your obsession with Evan never ceases to amuse. :rofl: Nearly destroying the technical progress of men's skating? Seriously?

luCN
09-24-2011, 08:01 AM
oh,actually I have to say,for me,I don't want to see either Evan or Plushenko on Sochi :blah:

yeah,they'll make history or maybe Guinness scores,but what can they bring to figure skating?Evan's ugly all-black costume and boring music? Plushenko's just jumps no-choreographed programs? :yikes: :kickass:

now the young generation skaters(e.g. Yuzuru Hanyu etc), have big jumps and at the same time,they can spin well,they have beautiful skating skills,and they treat figure skating more respectly,they bring well-choreographed and beautiful to watch programs,not just for gold medal as Evan and Plushenko did. :blah:

if there really must be someone to comeback,I hope there will be someone who concern artisty part and have good programs,not just chasing the gold medal :shuffle:

Zokko!
09-24-2011, 09:05 AM
:yikes: :scream: :scream: :scream:

Men's skating used to be my favourite discipline ... :(

dots
09-24-2011, 10:14 AM
yeah,they'll make history or maybe Guinness scores,but what can they bring to figure skating?Evan's ugly all-black costume and boring music? Plushenko's just jumps no-choreographed programs? :yikes: :kickass:

now the young generation skaters(e.g. Yuzuru Hanyu etc), have big jumps and at the same time,they can spin well,they have beautiful skating skills,and they treat figure skating more respectly,they bring well-choreographed and beautiful to watch programs,not just for gold medal as Evan and Plushenko did. :blah:

if there really must be someone to comeback,I hope there will be someone who concern artisty part and have good programs,not just chasing the gold medal :shuffle:

Wow! Did you just complain about costumes and then later go on to mention Yuzuru Hanyu? :slinkaway

they treat figure skating more respectly,they bring well-choreographed and beautiful to watch programs,not just for gold medal as Evan and Plushenko did. :blah:

Oh god! What do you mean by "the younger generation treats figure skating with more respect"? :shuffle:

Japanfan
09-24-2011, 10:20 AM
Oh, caseyedwards, your obsession with Evan never ceases to amuse. :rofl: Nearly destroying the technical progress of men's skating? Seriously?

You really do need to let it go, caseyedawards.

As to Evan and 2014, well he is full of bluster and we'll see how he does.
IMO his time has come and gone.

Jaana
09-24-2011, 10:53 AM
I wish Evan good luck and am very happy about his return!!! Great that Evan is so understanding towards Plushenko´s behaviour at the Olympics.

Unlike Plushenko and his team regarding the 2006/2010 Olympics I strongly believe that Evan´s team (coach+choreographer) are not bringing a kind of replica of his 2010 OG performance into 2014 Olympics.

attyfan
09-24-2011, 02:30 PM
I have the same opinion about Evan in Sochi as I have about Evgeni in Sochi ... in both cases, I'll believe it when I see it. While I think that many of the younger skaters can outskate, outspin and/or outjump both Plushy and Lysacek, I think that the two "senior Es" have two of the strongest competitive minds in the business ... and can really perform under pressure. If either (or both) return, it should be an interesting event.

Iceman
09-24-2011, 02:44 PM
I doubt Plush will make it to Sochi, but if he does no medal for him imo. Evan, a medal, but not sure it will be gold. Wish he would compete at SA even if he isn't quite ready.

olympic
09-24-2011, 02:48 PM
He is quoted in the Tribune article as saying that his training is going well, but there was a tweet a couple of weeks ago about him being in a leg brace. So, I do hope that his training is going well.

Also, the article states he is not firmly committed to SA and he doesn't even sound sure about '12 Nats

Glacier cat
09-24-2011, 03:12 PM
I assure you Yuzuru Hanyu wants to see Plushenko in Sochi :D Since Hanyu's long-time idol is Plushenko. Hanyu explained why he admires Plushenko is that Plushenko's program has a story and Plushenko is the God of figire skating :D

Zemgirl
09-24-2011, 03:23 PM
I really doubt Evan Lysacek can be competitive in the men's event in Sochi. In Vancouver, Plushenko was a bit younger than Evan will be in 2014, he was by far the more accomplished of the two, had gotten good marks going in, and he was going against a field in which the contenders were primarily guys who'd gotten their start under 6.0, not the new generation of skaters who are fully adapted to CoP. And he still couldn't defend his OGM... really, I would be shocked if Evan can manage it.

But - where I do see a role for Evan is in the new team competition; he should be able to do enough to make a meaningful contribution there, and can be the leader of the US team and perhaps inspire his younger compatriots in what may turn out to be quite the competitive event. Actually, I think this event may be a better fit for several old timers who are talking of staying on until Sochi.