PDA

View Full Version : Grey's Anatomy season eight

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

pixie cut
09-23-2011, 02:07 PM
I don't see a thread for the new season of Grey's Anatomy, so I'm starting one. Given how few posts we got each week in season seven, I don't know how much interest there is, but here we go.

I found the Chief throwing himself on the fire for Meredith ridiculous. I thought April being disrespected as chief resident was tiredly predictable. Perhaps the only surprise in the episode was Owen going with Cristina for the abortion. I had envisioned a story line where he legally stopped her from doing it. Although I'm sure there will be conflict as the season unfolds, at least for one episode they communicated.

I'm so tired of Derek and Meredith I have no comment on their storyline.

Satellitegirl
09-23-2011, 03:12 PM
I didn't bother watching....too many other shows I wanted to see last night.

skipaway
09-23-2011, 03:25 PM
It actually held my attention for the 2 hours. Of course April being disrespected was predictable, she's never been respected by them but in the end, with her "check lists" she did kind of save that man. If I were Bailey, I'd hate that the chief tied me up with his research. That's a big project for someone whose passion is not diabetes research. The sink hole was :yikes: (how would Seattle go about fixing that???)

nerdycool
09-23-2011, 03:31 PM
I found the Chief throwing himself on the fire for Meredith ridiculous.I didn't. Even if we take out the fact that this is Grey's, and that the ethics at that hospital are sorely lacking, it kinda makes sense what he did.

1. she helped HIS wife, so it directly impacted his life, and made it very hard for him to have to fire her.
2. she is like a daughter to him, so he feels the need to help her (like trying to get her a job elsewhere or getting the board to not fire her)
3. he's close to retirement anyway, so if he ends up fired, he has less to lose than someone just starting out.

As for the rest of the episode, it was enjoyable, although not many parts stood out. I liked the Christina/Owen storyline and I'm glad he understands and supports her decision. As always, I loved Bailey.

smurfy
09-23-2011, 06:00 PM
Not a bad episode. I did feel bad for Mer losing the baby.
So glad that Alex is not on the outs. I really love his character, and his friendship with Mer is so important to him. One thing I do enjoy with this show is some of the nice moments of friendship they show, whether it is Mer/Cristina, Mer Alex, Teddy with Arizona & Callie, Bailey with Derek or Callie. Usually just the small moments.
I enjoy some of the little moments, like Teddy with Arizona, Callie and baby.
Chief - not suprised, he feels strongly for Mer, and also I think responsible for her bad childhood.
I did like Mer standing up to Owen, really showed some forward movement for her, recognizing her mother's weakness.
Bailey - can do no wrong in my book. I was thinking when she barged into the Chief's office after hearing he took the fall, that he was going to give his job to her. She so deserves to run the whole place.

LadyNit
09-23-2011, 08:26 PM
I lurrrrved Alex through the entire two hours. :rollin:

mkats
09-23-2011, 10:04 PM
:eek: the season already started?! I'm so clueless... well, this will make for a :swoon: Sunday :)

pixie cut
09-24-2011, 12:53 AM
I lurrrrved Alex through the entire two hours. :rollin:

Making him the resident who loves and lives for pediatric surgery is a really nice slant to put on the character.

I also liked how Cristina couldn't go through with terminating her pregnancy unless Owen understood. It shows the growth of that character. I still think there's room for Cristina and Owen to talk about the full picture of why she doesn't want a baby, which is obviously about more than just her career, but that's a lot to hope for amid their 60-second scenes.

pixie cut
10-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Am I the only one who found the hammering and drilling at Derek's house beyond ridiculous? These men are all surgeons and their hands are their lives. If one of them had sliced off a finger, that would have been entertaining.

HeatherC
10-14-2011, 03:05 AM
Can Debbie Allen stay on this show for a while?! I loved her tonight! She and Jackson are a hoot and her asking April when she was finally going to sleep with a man was hilarious. Cristina dancing around while making breakfast was a hoot. :lol: I felt so bad for Meredith and Derek knowing Zola was in the hospital but not being able to see her. That was sad and their little song to her at the end was so cute but also sad. :(

I think Grey's has been pretty good overall this year so far. :)

Meredith
10-14-2011, 12:00 PM
I think Grey's has been pretty good overall this year so far. :)

I think so too. Even in the years Grey's jumped the shark, I've enjoyed it. Wonder how it's faring against competition this year, though.

pixie cut
10-14-2011, 01:21 PM
Wonder how it's faring against competition this year, though.

Last week's ratings were terrible. Don't know about last night's show yet.

HeatherC
10-15-2011, 03:41 AM
Last night's ratings were pretty good and went up to more normal levels again. I think last week's ratings were more about people watching the baseball game than not wanting to watch Grey's. :)

pixie cut
11-10-2011, 04:17 PM
Bumping this up in advance of tonight's show. The lack of action in this thread -- as opposed to seasons past -- shows this show has really lost its relevance. Thankfully, it's not painfully bad like Desperate Housewives, but there's just little inspiration to comment.

On the other hand, I am finding Private Practice ridiculous. Amelia agrees to assist her friend with suicide, but then notes physician assisted suicide is legal in the state of Washington. Why didn't she send her friend to Derek or Mark or Meredith? It's not like she didn't know several physicians in the state of Washington. Another beef, why would Sam have Addision move in with him knowing she was planning to have a baby, which he doesn't want. It's such a ludicrous, cloying plot point.

Veronika
11-10-2011, 04:31 PM
I don't know anyone IRL who still watched the show...other than me. I still enjoy it, but it's not what it once was.

The scene between Callie and George's mom last week (where Callie showed her the baby pictures) did bring a tear to my eye--it was so sweet. I like that they talked about George again too.