PDA

View Full Version : Grey's Anatomy season eight

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

pilgrimsoul
05-02-2012, 07:50 PM
I wonder if the beloved character who will die is Adele. I'd hate to see the Chief, Bailey, Christina, Alex or Lexie die. Anyone else I could handle, but not them.

AxelAnnie
05-02-2012, 09:00 PM
I read months ago that Patrick Dempsey will not be renewing his contract, and that this will be his final season. If course, a lot changes from there to here.

As to who doesn't pass.......I bet April.....but that may be wishful thinking on my part I just find her kind of annoying. I would think Christiana and Meredith are safe, and Karev, April and Avery would be in the bottom three.

OOPS....wrong show. But still.

Artemis@BC
05-02-2012, 09:55 PM
The shooter was the husband of a woman who died at Seattle Grace Hospital.

As I recall, the woman had signed a Do Not Resuscitate order or maybe it was a living will. She lapsed into an irreversible coma during surgery. The order instructed drs to pull the plug on her/not keep her alive by extraordinary means. The husband wanted her kept on life support because he "believed" she'd awake from the coma. Derek Shepherd, then chief of surgery, ordered she be removed from life support. Dr. Webber was the woman's dr. I think it was Lexie who actually "pulled the plug."

The gunman came looking for all three of them, most notably Derek, who gave the order. I don't recall the man's name, but you can probably find greater details online.

I can't recall the character's name, but I do remember that he was played by the always great Michael O'Neill.

pixie cut
05-02-2012, 10:41 PM
I can't recall the character's name, but I do remember that he was played by the always great Michael O'Neill.

Gary Clark.
Once you gave the actor's name, I looked him up on IMDB.

ArtisticFan
05-02-2012, 11:39 PM
I read months ago that Patrick Dempsey will not be renewing his contract, and that this will be his final season. If course, a lot changes from there to here.

As to who doesn't pass.......I bet April.....but that may be wishful thinking on my part I just find her kind of annoying. I would think Christiana and Meredith are safe, and Karev, April and Avery would be in the bottom three.

OOPS....wrong show. But still.

Stories on the will he or won't he have flip flopped on the issue. He has said that he thinks it is time to move on. Then he gave an interview that said for the right money and story he would stay. So who knows.

I would say Karev is safe from failing the test despite going back to the hospital and not being there when called. His character has already had a story line of failing a major test. Meredith has too (she froze after her step-mom died). Christina failing would be the most dramatic and it could explain why she stays at SGMW and doesn't take one of the dream jobs she is being offered.

kimkom
05-03-2012, 02:17 AM
Yep, I'm guessing it's Christina.

skipaway
05-03-2012, 03:13 AM
TVGuide reveals that One of the doctors dies in the finale. So probably not Adele

centerstage01
05-03-2012, 04:18 AM
Am I the only one that's more than a little annoyed that once again, someone is dying in the season finale? Like that's all Shonda Rhimes can come up with? Why do I stick with this show, again?

walei
05-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Well to be fair a lot of shows pull out the death card at the end of the season (ahem LOST) so it's not just a Shonda Rhimes thing .

I am still a huge fan of the show and love the characters and I am looking forward to the finale and dreading it at the same time... Although the cast is getting bloated so this may be a way to thin out the herd.

Not having read any of the spoiler I think the grim reaper will pay a visit to Teddy, because what else can they do with her?

skipaway
05-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Not having read any of the spoiler I think the grim reaper will pay a visit to Teddy, because what else can they do with her?

Maybe, but she's not exactly a "beloved character".

pixie cut
05-03-2012, 07:28 PM
Maybe, but she's not exactly a "beloved character".

But they like to pretend she is.

loulou
05-04-2012, 02:57 PM
So, April didn't pass: easy enough to predict. So easy, infact, I'm a bit disappointed at how banal the plot line is being.

Sloan doesn't love Lexie? Really? The cutest lady in the bunch?

-- How do you think the beloved doctor will die?"

pixie cut
05-04-2012, 03:13 PM
So, April didn't pass: easy enough to predict. So easy, infact, I'm a bit disappointed at how banal the plot line is being.

-- How do you think the beloved doctor will die?"

I thought making April the doctor who failed was absolutely cliched. She deserved to fail based on her conduct. She's the character viewers care least about. Although I root for Cristina it would have been truly interesting if she'd failed. April is such an easy character to throw under the bus.

I believe it's already been reported that the beloved doctor will die in a fire. It's not a spoiler to say a doctor will die. Jessica Capshaw confirmed it again on E! News last night. The only secret is which doctor. Based on who was chosen as the resident who failed the boards, it's easy to assume an equally obvious choice will die. Although I suppose there could be a twist.

walei
05-04-2012, 04:18 PM
I thought making April the doctor who failed was absolutely cliched. She deserved to fail based on her conduct. She's the character viewers care least about. Although I root for Cristina it would have been truly interesting if she'd failed. April is such an easy character to throw under the bus.

I believe it's already been reported that the beloved doctor will die in a fire. It's not a spoiler to say a doctor will die. Jessica Capshaw confirmed it again on E! News last night. The only secret is which doctor. Based on who was chosen as the resident who failed the boards, it's easy to assume an equally obvious choice will die. Although I suppose there could be a twist.

According to an interview with Sarah Drew
The cliffhanger will be that the doctors back at Seattle Grace have no idea what happened in the disaster and apparently the doctor that died on the site. April is suppose to be back at the hospital so I don't think she's the one dying.

loulou
05-04-2012, 06:58 PM
I believe it's already been reported that the beloved doctor will die in a fire. It's not a spoiler to say a doctor will die.

I noticed some posted a doctor would be dying in clear chars, but I wasn't sure that meant I could go ahead too.
I didn't know a thing about the fire, so thanks.

The only secret is which doctor. Based on who was chosen as the resident who failed the boards, it's easy to assume an equally obvious choice will die. Although I suppose there could be a twist.

Except, while to me April was a pretty obvious choice for board failing (as you said, an easy character to throw under the bus - and the only one with no talent for the job), I don't really see obvious choices for dying doctor. Except maybe, as walei suggested here, Teddy. Or maybe I just have to wrap my head around things - I still seem to not know much about this, and just can't picture it.

But:

According to an interview with Sarah Drew
The cliffhanger will be that the doctors back at Seattle Grace have no idea what happened in the disaster and apparently the doctor that died on the site. April is suppose to be back at the hospital so I don't think she's the one dying.

Do I take from that the dying doctor is amongst those that took the bords, plus the chief, as he went as an examiner? Or do you mean another site?