PDA

View Full Version : Grey's Anatomy season eight

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

pixie cut
04-27-2012, 05:18 PM
What is the status of this show? Is it coming back next year? And with which actors? I remember reading online last year that the contracts are up after this season, and that Pompeo and Dempsey might not renew. To me it seems like things are being set up for either the show ending, or for a mass exodus with the 5th year. Or are they just messing with us and they all will have jobs at this hospital? I noticed last night the commerical said 2 more episodes and an ad for the final season of Desperate Housewives, so wouldn't they be highlighting Grey's last season. If they lose too many folks, it might be strange to say the least.

The show has not yet been officially renewed for another season, but indicators are pointing that it will be. The actors have specifically been told to be silent about contract negotiations. A renewal may be on hold until a certain number sign new contracts. Patrick Dempsey has alternated between saying he wanted to leave and saying he would stay for the right amount.

From the details Shonda Rhimes has released on the season finale, it's set up as a cliff hanger. Could be the end or not.

skipaway
04-27-2012, 06:27 PM
From the details Shonda Rhimes has released on the season finale, it's set up as a cliff hanger. Could be the end or not.

TV Guide has an article that "A beloved character will die in the finale Gives no clue as to who it will be.

pixie cut
04-27-2012, 10:27 PM
TV Guide has an article that "A beloved character will die in the finale Gives no clue as to who it will be.

That has been pretty widely reported. Knowing Grey's, I'm thinking it's going to be a longtime character, but not a core character. Like Adele Webber. But maybe it will be a major character. We'll know soon enough.

loulou
04-28-2012, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the spoilers, I had no idea about all that. Even though I too was wondering if the show was going to be renewed next year.

sk8pics
04-28-2012, 02:06 PM
I liked the scenes between Cristina and Meredith, too. The rest of it, meh.

I had the same thought about the spoiler.

Who's going to fail the boards, I wonder? Alex because he got there too late? Avery because he broke his lucky pencil? Or?

loulou
04-29-2012, 12:16 AM

I think if a beloved character is going to die, it's going to be Owen Hunt. Has McKidd leaked anything about future contracts?. It's the one way to resolve the Cristina/Owen marriage.

Who's going to fail the boards, I wonder? Alex because he got there too late? Avery because he broke his lucky pencil? Or?

I think it's going to be April. The story teller said some people thrive under pressure when the camera was on Avery, and that some people break under pressure when the camera was on April. Plus, Avery is no Captain von Trapp.

-- Sarah Drew must have something for playing the vergin role. Wasn't she staying vergin in Everwood too?

I also think Alex is going to make it. Or at least I hope so, I coulnd't see where the authors would go keeping him behind. Unless the actor wants to leave the show.

At this point, I think Torres might be my favourite character of the show. And Lexie. It's funnier when they are around.

HeatherC
04-29-2012, 01:46 AM
I really enjoyed the Cristina/Meredith scenes this week. This show knows that the best relationship on it is theirs and I love that it's being featured so much this season. :)

I think it will be Cristina who doesn't pass the boards simply because it's so unexpected and would throw everything for a loop. I have no idea what will happen with Alex and count me as another who had a WTH moment with April's comments to Avery about religion because that came a little out of nowhere. I liked the Chief with Avery's mom although it made me sad because you know his heart has to still be broken over what's happening with Adele. Lexie and Mark either need to be together or need to be totally apart because the back and forth stuff is driving me crazy.

I have no idea what's going to happen in the season finale but if it's anything like the shooting finale from a couple seasons ago, I'm making a mental note to keep Kleenex handy for that entire hour. :eek:

Artemis@BC
04-30-2012, 08:03 PM
Aside from the question of who will fail the boards ... I'm finding it hard to reconcile who will stay at Seattle Grace next year. It's completely unrealistic for that many surgeons from the same "class" to stay together in the same program -- heck, it's completely unrealistic for there to be that many job opportunities in the same hospital period, never mind that they'd all go to alums. But we know that, aside from the odd cast change, we'll see most of these folks again next year.

For a TV-land perspective it does make sense of course, and I'll admit I want it that way. I guess I should just stop expecting any kind of connection to the real world.

pixie cut
05-01-2012, 12:47 AM
For a TV-land perspective it does make sense of course, and I'll admit I want it that way. I guess I should just stop expecting any kind of connection to the real world.

Any surgeon who admitted to cutting an LVAD wire would not only be dropped from the residency program, but probably be banned from medicine and maybe arrested for fraud. Real world left this show long ago. :shuffle:

mkats
05-01-2012, 02:30 AM
I used to work for a pathologist, and the season 1 scene where Izzy and Christina are doing the unauthorized autopsy annoyed him to no end :lol:

pixie cut
05-01-2012, 02:32 AM
I used to work for a pathologist, and the season 1 scene where Izzy and Christina are doing the unauthorized autopsy annoyed him to no end :lol:

What about season five where the residents practiced on unclaimed dead bodies until Bailey stopped them?

mkats
05-01-2012, 02:34 AM
I stopped working for him before then, but I imagine he probably went apopletic :P

BaileyCatts
05-02-2012, 09:28 AM
Good lawdy, how do y'all remember all that old stuff. I can barely remember what happened the previous week sometimes. :lol:

So tell me then, what exactly lead up to the hospital shooting in, was it 2010 finale? Why did the guy come shoot up the hospital again? And who was it?

pixie cut
05-02-2012, 01:02 PM
So tell me then, what exactly lead up to the hospital shooting in, was it 2010 finale? Why did the guy come shoot up the hospital again? And who was it?

The shooter was the husband of a woman who died at Seattle Grace Hospital.

As I recall, the woman had signed a Do Not Resuscitate order or maybe it was a living will. She lapsed into an irreversible coma during surgery. The order instructed drs to pull the plug on her/not keep her alive by extraordinary means. The husband wanted her kept on life support because he "believed" she'd awake from the coma. Derek Shepherd, then chief of surgery, ordered she be removed from life support. Dr. Webber was the woman's dr. I think it was Lexie who actually "pulled the plug."

The gunman came looking for all three of them, most notably Derek, who gave the order. I don't recall the man's name, but you can probably find greater details online.

nerdycool
05-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Now I wanna watch that episode again. Outside of a few in season 1, that is probably the best episode of Grey's.