View Full Version : Grey's Anatomy season eight

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

*Jen*
02-05-2012, 12:08 AM
I liked it :shuffle:

ArtisticFan
02-05-2012, 02:05 AM
I liked it :shuffle:
I liked it too. I would think the cast enjoyed the chance to do something new.

mkats
02-05-2012, 02:06 AM
I liked it too. I would think the cast enjoyed the chance to do something new.

Me three! Weird, all right, but a bit of a mind bender. Would have liked to see more of McSteamy.

HeatherC
02-05-2012, 04:54 AM
Me three! Weird, all right, but a bit of a mind bender. Would have liked to see more of McSteamy.

Agreed! :swoon:

nerdycool
02-05-2012, 06:02 AM
I didn't mind this episode, but I had a hard time believing the idea that almost every single character in this "what if" episode had a completely opposite personality than the characters we know. I mean, yeah, Meredith could totally be the perky person everyone secretly hates, but that doesn't mean that April has to become a back-stabbing skank because Meredith took the perky role. I did like that they kept Christina snarky as hell though.

And don't hold this against me, but I kinda like it better when Meredith is all dark & twisty. She's been this way so long, it throws me off to see Meredith mostly happy & smiley this season.

walei
02-05-2012, 04:44 PM
I really enjoyed the episode it's always great to see Addison back on Grey's. I take the episode as Meridith's one big imagination so everything just had to make sense for her.

Also, although it's a cheap laugh but I did LOL at Percy's "somebody shoot me" line...

HeatherC
02-05-2012, 11:58 PM
I didn't mind this episode, but I had a hard time believing the idea that almost every single character in this "what if" episode had a completely opposite personality than the characters we know. I mean, yeah, Meredith could totally be the perky person everyone secretly hates, but that doesn't mean that April has to become a back-stabbing skank because Meredith took the perky role. I did like that they kept Christina snarky as hell though.

And don't hold this against me, but I kinda like it better when Meredith is all dark & twisty. She's been this way so long, it throws me off to see Meredith mostly happy & smiley this season.

I agree. I like dark and twisty Meredith better and snarky Cristina was pretty amusing too. :)

*Jen*
02-07-2012, 09:24 PM

They weren't really all opposites though. Mer was perky, but also had dark and twisty moments where she yelled profound things at people. Alex may have been a nerdy chief resident, but he still effed up like real Alex. April was still a virgin. Christina was still Christina. Callie and Arizona had basically the same personalities but were with different people. McDreamy has been known to be McGloomy. Owen did have PTSD. Lexie had the photographic memory thing but...they didn't really think the timeline through because her mother didn't die till she finished medical school and I doubt Ellis could have changed that ;)

The big differences were the (former) chief and Bailey. Bailey has been shown before as a painfully shy woman, and it was shown how the chief/Richard brought her out of her shell. However, in this episode he was being outshone by Ellis, which had consequences all over.

I liked it...but then again I generally enjoy the show now I've stopped caring about it so much. I hated it a couple of years ago :shuffle:

Lara
02-09-2012, 05:09 AM
I liked it too - moreso than I imagine I'll enjoy tomorrow's episode. And as someone whose music taste was definitely impacted by the first season of Grey's, the throwbacks to the pilot were cool too.

HeatherC
02-24-2012, 03:09 AM
I thought Grey's was really good tonight although Adele and the Chief totally broke my heart. Alzheimer's is such a destructive disease. :fragile:

pixie cut
02-24-2012, 02:24 PM
I thought Grey's was really good tonight although Adele and the Chief totally broke my heart. Alzheimer's is such a destructive disease. :fragile:

That part was really good.

I found Cristina trailing Owen around the hospital stupid. That character is defined by her backbone.

There were no coming attractions. I assume no new episodes for a few weeks.

cruisin
02-24-2012, 02:40 PM
I found Cristina trailing Owen around the hospital stupid. That character is defined by her backbone.

Agree. She is always so driven, it's hard to believe she is now reduced to a junior high school, love sick, puppy.

mila19
03-04-2012, 11:13 AM
I dig Sloan. He's gotten from :grope: to :grope: x cute x hilarious. I loved the "Take one for the team, Kepner (and sleep with Avery)" comment :lol:

BaileyCatts
03-16-2012, 05:07 AM
So what happened to the girl that Meredith and Lexie operated on?? I kept nodding off and I missed parts. They were operating on her and took out a tumor, but then Derek reamed them for it? So why were they operating then if they weren't supposed to take out the tumor? And what exactly happened to the girl? I missed the part where Derek was talking to the parents. All I heard was the parents yelling they were going to sue. Can someone recap that storyline for me plueeze?

Meredith
03-16-2012, 11:25 AM
Briefly, the girl had more than one growth in her brain. The first was a benign growth they were operating on her for, and the second was a tumor that Derick said they would go back for later. The team began to take the first growth out and Derek was called away on another case. Completing the first task, the tumor was right "there." Lexie thought they should proceed to remove the tumor and Meredith hemmed...thought they should consult Derek first. They removed the tumor and the girl woke with aphasia that didn't appear to be reversible. Derek's reaction was, "what were you thinking??? we didn't have her permission to remove the tumor!"