PDA

View Full Version : Grey's Anatomy season eight

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

HeatherC
01-06-2012, 03:24 AM
Bumping this up due to tonight's new episode which I thought was really great. It made me sad and actually cry twice though. The first thing that made me sad was Teddy finding out about Henry. Seeing her sitting by his bed and crying was so sad. :( My first (sad) tears came for that poor family in the car accident (the music was really haunting during the scene with the girl, Meredith, and the girl's dying dad :wuzrobbed) but I cried happy tears for Meredith and Derek at the very end when we found out they were getting Zola back. I didn't see that part coming and it made me SO happy! I think I'm emotionally spent now. I'm SO glad this show is back, LOL :lol: :cheer:

kimkom
01-06-2012, 03:55 AM
Good episode!

Ellen Pompeo is so much more beautiful when she's smiling.

HeatherC
01-13-2012, 03:38 AM
Zola may be the cutest baby on TV and I may or may not have laughed my behind off when Meredith and Derek missed getting her first steps on camera, LOL :lol:

Good show tonight and my heart broke for Teddy and Cristina. Teddy was finally coming into her grief and poor Cristina didn't know what to do. :(

pixie cut
01-20-2012, 01:54 PM
Last night's episode had some good moments. The parts with Dr. Webber and his wife were especially poignant. On the flip side, I find Teddy and Cristina stealing a surgery absurd and Chief Hunt's inability to regulate them beyond suspension of disbelief.

nerdycool
01-20-2012, 08:42 PM
Did you guys see the article where Katherine Heigl mentions that she wants to come back?

I'm not sure how I feel about that. Yeah, Izzy and Alex had great chemistry, but I don't know what else they could possibly do with her. Almost every one of her storylines was more ridiculous than the next, and then there's the whole dissing the writers & producers thing. So I thought she'd burned that bridge when she left.

But perhaps now that she's a big name, she feels that she holds a lot of power, considering some of the current big names might not be back after this season, and the writers will want star power to draw viewers in.

Article (http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Katherine-Heigl-Would-Like-Return-Grey-Anatomy-38814.html)

Jimena
01-20-2012, 10:18 PM
I don't want Izzy back. At all. She was good the first season but then had very few redeeming qualities as a character. I was very happy when she left.

I liked last night's episode. The Chief and Adele made me cry. I found Cristina annoying, but felt bad for her and Owen.

genevieve
01-20-2012, 11:45 PM
I haven't seen Grey's Anatomy in a few seasons, watched last night, and it was better than I expected. I have only seen 1-2 episodes with Kim Raver before, so I had no idea from the episode if she was actually grief-stricken or if she's been in the process of divorcing her husband when he died. I still don't.

I also watched Private Practice and it wasn't as all-out horrible as I remembered when it began. Still kind of a soapy mess but much better balanced. The amount of plastic surgery on all the lead actresses though was a shock since the last time I saw any of them. :eek:

Jimena
01-21-2012, 12:45 AM
I haven't seen Grey's Anatomy in a few seasons, watched last night, and it was better than I expected. I have only seen 1-2 episodes with Kim Raver before, so I had no idea from the episode if she was actually grief-stricken or if she's been in the process of divorcing her husband when he died. I still don't.

They were very much in love and they weren't together for a long time. I didn't like that they killed him- I really enjoyed the character.

In last week's episode she was definitely grief stricken. What she made Cristina do was kind of horrifying. It was a good episode, too.

HeatherC
01-21-2012, 05:25 AM
Last night was great and Zola continues to be the cutest baby on TV. :)

And I don't want Izzy back either. I don't think she would add anything to the show right now. :blah:

pixie cut
02-03-2012, 01:32 PM
I found last night's Grey's Anatomy silly and sort of pointless, but at least Kepner finally got some action.

fsfann
02-04-2012, 12:46 AM
I found last night's Grey's Anatomy silly and sort of pointless, but at least Kepner finally got some action.

LOL.. I agree.

A complete waste of time... I kept wondering when the 'dream' would end.

Bizarre.

pixie cut
02-04-2012, 01:01 AM
A complete waste of time... I kept wondering when the 'dream' would end.

It didn't really end. It just wound up with, as Shonda Rhimes said, everyone finding their destiny. Yet another time where Derek and Meredith reenact that scene in the bar where they met. :rolleyes:

The only thing I liked about the episode was Sandra Oh rocking the ugly wig and being sarcastically funny.

HeatherC
02-04-2012, 05:40 AM
Last night didn't move the stories along at all but it was mindless entertainment for an hour so I didn't mind it too much. Meredith being perky was rather odd although I liked seeing her mom again (love that actress). I chuckled a bit at the McDreary nickname and how he still lost his woman and his baby to McSteamy (why wasn't he a doctor in this weirdo world?!). Miranda being all wimpy and shy was REALLY weird and odd, Owen & Callie being married was even weirder, but I thought Alex being a big nerd as the chief resident was hilarious. :lol:

Theatregirl1122
02-04-2012, 05:57 AM
I chuckled a bit at the McDreary nickname and how he still lost his woman and his baby to McSteamy (why wasn't he a doctor in this weirdo world?!).

He was a doctor, he said so when he brought Lexi in. He just didn't work there.

HeatherC
02-04-2012, 06:58 AM
He was a doctor, he said so when he brought Lexi in. He just didn't work there.

Ahh, thanks for that info. I must have missed that somehow last night. :)