PDA

View Full Version : Grey's Anatomy season eight

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

pixie cut
11-10-2011, 04:56 PM
The scene between Callie and George's mom last week (where Callie showed her the baby pictures) did bring a tear to my eye--it was so sweet. I like that they talked about George again too.

Now that you bring it up, I agree that was a nice scene. Shows how little impact the episode made on me.

I watch it out of habit. I remember when I loved it.

kimkom
11-11-2011, 12:46 AM
I still love the show, but I wish it was still as funny as it was first couple of seasons.

mkats
11-11-2011, 01:49 AM
I've been really enjoying Grey's this season! It isn't nearly anything as comparable to earlier seasons (I've actually been watching old episodes of season one in between new episodes this season :shuffle: and wow... it was so much better then) but it's still a good source of entertainment.

I meant to ask awhile back whatever happened to Dr. Lucy Fields (we used to all cheer for her because she did her residency at Duke, even if she was kind of annoying :lol: ) and then tonight I caught a snippet of that awful show Charlie's Angels :yikes: and realized that she's one of the Angels. Did her storyline ever come to a proper end, or did she just randomly disappear from the show?

pixie cut
11-11-2011, 01:58 AM
I meant to ask awhile back whatever happened to Dr. Lucy Fields (we used to all cheer for her because she did her residency at Duke, even if she was kind of annoying :lol: ) and then tonight I caught a snippet of that awful show Charlie's Angels :yikes: and realized that she's one of the Angels. Did her storyline ever come to a proper end, or did she just randomly disappear from the show?

She took the job in Africa that Arizona gave up that Alex was going to take. I have no clue why an OB/GYN surgeon wanted to go to Africa and operate on kids, but that's how they wrote her out.

mkats
11-11-2011, 02:01 AM
ah - many thanks :) for some reason I have no recollection of this happening.

HeatherC
11-11-2011, 02:31 AM
I've actually been enjoying Grey's this season overall. I just haven't commented much about it here which speaks more to me being lazy than anything else, LOL :lol:

And I still love Private Practice no matter how outlandish or dramatic it gets because I think the cast is awesome. I guess I'm just a sucker for a show full of hot men. :shuffle:

HeatherC
11-11-2011, 03:14 AM
Wow, tonight's ep was pretty amazing. It changed things for a lot of people and I am not happy there's no more Scott Foley for me to look at anymore. :( I was nervous something was going to happen to Alex and Meredith in the ambulance but happy they're all right. I didn't expect them to see a horrific disaster outside their vehicle. Sandra Oh is always awesome as Cristina. Her reaction to finding out her patient's identity was heartbreaking. Things are going to be crazy and I think the next episode be a humdinger.

BTW-This was the last new episode for 2011 and there won't be a new one until January 2012. :( I guess ABC is doing a fall break kind of thing with some of their shows to keep them from running too many reruns in between the new shows. We'll see if it actually works or not. I'm not a huge fan although it has been a nice fall to not have reruns very often if at all.

kimkom
11-11-2011, 03:34 AM
BTW-This was the last new episode for 2011 and there won't be a new one until January 2012.

:wall: :wall: :wall: I can't being to tell you how much this pisses me off.

HeatherC
11-11-2011, 03:45 AM
:wall: :wall: :wall: I can't being to tell you how much this pisses me off.

Sorry! I didn't want anyone to be surprised when the show didn't come back for a while. :slinkaway

Jimena
11-11-2011, 04:00 AM
I can't believe they killed Scott Foley. I loved that character.

pixie cut
11-11-2011, 01:10 PM

I guess it's time for him to go film season five of True Blood. I quite liked his character. Sorry to see him go. I wonder if Kim Raver will leave before the season is out. Henry kind of grounded her on the show. Now she's back to the periphery of the Owen/Cristina relationship.

skipaway
11-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Why did the ambulance driver not leave on the lights of the ambulance when he left? Obviously, the interior of the ambulance had power, you'd think as a safety measure, since Meredith and Karev were staying, he'd leave on the strobe lights. Might have prevented the accident.

Totally unethical what they did to Christina. Could destroy her.
Oh and btw...in the OR's there is a "Time Out"...This is patient X, he's having X procedure, he's allergic to X...etc.... We would be fired if we didn't do an appropriate TO. Everyone who had a hand in this, should be fired. It was even more egregious since Henry didn't even know who his surgeon was.

I know...TV.

smurfy
11-11-2011, 06:43 PM

I so agree. I knew he would probably have died eventually, but they got rid of him much quicker than I thought. Definitely made Teddy a more interesting part of the show, and her interactions with others like the Chief. Fallout for Teddy and Christina will be interesting, so I assume that is why they killed off Scott so soon. I think the fall out for Christina is going to be professional obviously and also with Owen personally.
Again, I do love Mer and Alex's relationship. She knows who he is and cares for him anyway, and he truly cares for her, a nice platonic relationship.
I liked the episode, just wish at the beginning there was not some announcement that said something about it being a special episode. Hate those classifications (reminds me of ER).

Ella-skater
11-11-2011, 07:01 PM
I don't think it's as good as it was a few seasons ago. My favorite season has always been number 5. The ending was unbelievable good.

pixie cut
11-11-2011, 07:05 PM
I don't think it's as good as it was a few seasons ago. My favorite season has always been number 5. The ending was unbelievable good.

I also loved season five because the Owen Hunt character, his struggle with PTSD and his relationship with Cristina Yang were all electric. Now Owen is just bland, Cristina is solely obsessed with her career and their spark has fallen flat.