PDA

View Full Version : Grey's Anatomy season eight

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16

Meredith
05-20-2012, 01:07 AM
Wouldn't the pilot have filed a flight plan? Wouldn't the plane have been missed, for heaven's sake? This kind of laziness drives me nuts. It this show were a book, I would never have finished the first chapter.

So why do I continue to watch the show? :slinkaway

PeterG
05-20-2012, 03:11 AM
That scene was not only awful, but completely out of character. Christina is built to be first and foremost a great doctor. I doubt they diagnose pemanent spine damage sticking ink into the leg, when the guy already said he doesn't feel a thing at the moment.

But I really respect Sandra Oh, I would have guessed that when she got that script, she would have knocked on Ms. Rhimes door and said, "what the hell???"

nerdycool
05-20-2012, 05:15 AM
Another nit-picky thing... wouldn't the hospital in Boise have made more of an attempt to get in contact with Owen instead of just leaving voice mails? Like, call the main hospital line and have him paged?

fenway2
05-20-2012, 06:42 AM
Here's another thing that I didn't like. So they flew from Seattle to Iowa (or wherever the hell it was) so they were two hours ahead of Seattle time. They were flying to Idaho (which is the next state over) not Iowa. No time difference. ;)

ETA: oops i see skipaway already covered this.

BaileyCatts
05-20-2012, 10:12 AM
I believe they were headed to Idaho, same time zone and mountainous

Ah, okay, I couldn't remember. But still .... how come no one knows they are missing until Owen checks his messages at the end of his day. That's just lazy writing. Warning bells should have been clanging all over Seattle is all. I hate it when they overlook stuff like that. But then I remember its just TV. :lol:

loulou
05-20-2012, 11:44 AM
BaileyCatts: I meant to write this, then I forgot and your post reminded me. Planes that don't land as scheduled usually alarm somebody, which would not result in merely leaving voice mails to Owen Hunt. Or I'm never getting on a flight again.

But I really respect Sandra Oh, I would have guessed that when she got that script, she would have knocked on Ms. Rhimes door and said, "what the hell???"

Maybe she got dizzy and forgot, with all the unbelievables and the inconsistencies of that episode.

BaileyCatts
05-20-2012, 12:13 PM
Oh yea, I know what you meant. I figured if the plane never landed, yea, someone's FAA-wise is looking for the plane, and that was what the helicopter bit was about (and why wasn't there a flare for the flare gun?). :D It just bugged me that everyone specifically at Seattle Grace was so la-de-da in reference to them all day long, and even by the time of the dinner they are still saying "oh they'll be here any minute, lets just wait for them", some 12 hours later. Its like not a soul specifically at Seattle Grace knew anything all day long? Really? Minor details, but minor details bother me. :lol:

And why would they have only been gone a few hours anyway? They were going to Idaho to separate conjoined babies, right? I'm guessing that's a pretty damn long surgery. How are they leaving that morning and gonna be back in time for dinner? Again, minor details.

walei
05-21-2012, 02:31 AM
I am a rabid fan of the show and I will watch it as long as it's on TV, but that was one of the worst season finale/episode of any show. Full of plot holes, inconsistencies, and awkward drama for shock factors.

According to Shonda's twitter, the characters that made it to the end of the episode will not necessarily make it past the season premier. Gosh I hope she let someone else handle the show and concentrate on Scandal. At least she is doing a decent job so far for that show.

BigB08822
05-21-2012, 02:52 AM
I watched the season finale because I thought the one with the shooter was so well done and gripping. This one felt forced, over dramatic and just awkward. I don't know what was going on. Many things have been mentioned but why in the world would a doctor stab a paralyzed man in the leg and risk infection? I know he was obviously hurt but he probably has a great chance to survive if he is kept fed and warm but now he has an open wound that he can't feel to know if it is getting infected. A lot of the dialogue was just weird. I honestly thought it was all a dream and that the acting was "off" because it wasn't supposed to be reality. Guess not...

MarieM
05-21-2012, 08:36 AM
I am a rabid fan of the show and I will watch it as long as it's on TV, but that was one of the worst season finale/episode of any show. Full of plot holes, inconsistencies, and awkward drama for shock factors.

According to Shonda's twitter, the characters that made it to the end of the episode will not necessarily make it past the season premier. Gosh I hope she let someone else handle the show and concentrate on Scandal. At least she is doing a decent job so far for that show.

Well considering what she's done to Grey's anatomy, I'd rather have someone else work on Scandal since it's one of my favorite show with Revenge this year !

AnnieD
05-21-2012, 11:02 AM
I just watched the last two eppies back to back and had absolutely no idea what was about to happen because I hadn't read any spoilers or seen any promos for them. The whole thing was just absolutely horrendous. I agree that it reminded me of Lost; when Meredith woke up looking at the sky in the middle of the fuselage it seemed like such a shout out to the Lost pilot of Jack waking up.

I can't believe they killed Lexi. I was so sure it wasn't going to happen that I didn't even realise she'd died for a good few minutes. It seemed like such a rubbish way to tie up the ends of her and Mark when they'd clearly been building up to getting them back together again. Why did they waste all that time with introducing Julia and keeping them apart. I also found it hard to believe that Mark would end up so seriously injured and not even have felt enough pain to check what was wrong or mention it to one of the others.

The Christina pen thing was just so ridiculous. She was fine to stick a pen in a guy and risk infection but the next minute was disinfecting a bottle lid she was going to stick into Mark.

I went and found an article after I'd finished watching where Shonda Rhimes says not to assume that there won't be more deaths. She also added that she knew people would find it an unsatisfying finale. Presumably she's trying to put the blame on the fact that so many people's contracts haven't been sorted out and she needs a quick and easy way to get rid of them if they don't re-sign. I kind of thought that everyone being offered jobs at other hospitals would be enough but oh well...

loulou
05-21-2012, 11:35 AM
I can't believe they killed Lexi. I was so sure it wasn't going to happen that I didn't even realise she'd died for a good few minutes.

Try the next day: I wouldn't believe Lexie was dead until after I read Rhimes' interview where she said so herself.
I think Lexie was on the list of doctors spoilers said were not going to die.
So I thought the plot was deceiving us, and kept waiting for a fire to kill the real victim.

Surreal and sickening. Like a Dali's painting.

AnnieD
05-21-2012, 11:09 PM
Try the next day: I wouldn't believe Lexie was dead until after I read Rhimes' interview where she said so herself.
I think Lexie was on the list of doctors spoilers said were not going to die.
So I thought the plot was deceiving us, and kept waiting for a fire to kill the real victim.

Surreal and sickening. Like a Dali's painting.

I'm with you on thinking they were going to end up dying in a fire. As soon as the matches came out I was shrieking at the tv. The only things I'd read about contracts were much earlier in the season and it was looking very likely that Patrick Dempsey wasn't going to renew (I have no idea what the situation is now) so I was sure it was Derek who was going to die. Then when he picked up the flare gun when it wouldn't fire I had my hands over my eyes thinking it was going to fire backwards and shoot him.

All this and I couldn't even freak out with friends because it hasn't been shown here yet! They'd kill me if I even hinted as to what happens!

Lacey
05-22-2012, 01:54 AM
Doesn't Lexi have a lot of kids in real life, maybe she wanted out of her contract? But I agree, poor way of making it happen.

pixie cut
05-22-2012, 02:17 AM
Doesn't Lexi have a lot of kids in real life, maybe she wanted out of her contract? But I agree, poor way of making it happen.

Chyler Leigh has three children: 8, 5 and 3.