PDA

View Full Version : Grey's Anatomy season eight

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16

Andora
05-19-2012, 04:24 PM
I wonder if Shonda is trying to get back to the basics of this show? It's been getting a bit crowded and fairly un-Meredith and Derek central. Or maybe Ellen Pompeo didn't like having another "Grey" on the show who was more engaging than her. :P

I've enjoyed the show more these last couple of years than when it went off the rails when Denny died. I'm a bit tired of losing characters (Lexie, George) who are more enjoyable than others kept (April, Owen). But that's just my take.

*Jen*
05-19-2012, 06:29 PM
Rhimes lost sight of this show about three years ago. She hasn't a clue to make it interesting or engaging.

Three? Try five. The last couple of years has been better than the dribble between the introduction of Denny and exit of Izzie.

Such a shame. Izzie was an interesting character at the start.

mila19
05-19-2012, 06:33 PM
Haven't watched the final episode yet but Lexie's bangs annoyed me beyond belief so really if that was the only way to remove them of my sight :P

pixie cut
05-19-2012, 07:10 PM
Three? Try five. The last couple of years has been better than the dribble between the introduction of Denny and exit of Izzie.

Such a shame. Izzie was an interesting character at the start.

Actually, the life drained from the show when Izzie cut Denny's LVAD, but I still managed to fully enjoy it through season five -- even with the Denny's ghost storyline. Since then, it just plods along.

PeterG
05-19-2012, 08:21 PM
I have decided it was the worst season finale in the history of tv. No one argue with me. :drama:

I haven't watched Grey's Anatomy for years, but the preview I saw made me think of Lost. So I tuned in as I thought it was an interesting premise for an episode. But I only made it to the scene where the pilot was asking if he'd be okay (out of fear that he'd be paralyzed). And Sandra Oh's character grabbed a pen, rammed it into his leg and said, "I don't think so?"

WTF??? :mad: I remember her character being hardass, but that was one of the sickest things I've seen on a TV show. Off went the television. What the hell was that about??? :huh:

skipaway
05-19-2012, 09:55 PM
I haven't watched Grey's Anatomy for years, but the preview I saw made me think of Lost. So I tuned in as I thought it was an interesting premise for an episode. But I only made it to the scene where the pilot was asking if he'd be okay (out of fear that he'd be paralyzed). And Sandra Oh's character grabbed a pen, rammed it into his leg and said, "I don't think so?"

WTF??? :mad: I remember her character being hardass, but that was one of the sickest things I've seen on a TV show. Off went the television. What the hell was that about??? :huh:

You know, I thought the same thing....talk about upping this man's chance of infection in his lower extremity. Let's just make his recovery that much harder.

Very disappointing episode.

Erica Lee
05-19-2012, 09:59 PM
^Agreed that moment was harsh. I think part of the premise was to put this whole group of doctors in a situation where they were all in shock and to show how it affected their typical behaviour. Christina is a blunt hardass normally, so that moment was an exaggeration of her usual personality and I think it could be justified by the circumstances.

But overall, I agree with the general consensus here... what a terribly depressing episode. Doesn't leave me with any warm fuzzy feelings over the hiatus. Not that all TV has to be flowers and sunshine. But really.

Latte
05-19-2012, 10:03 PM
I really liked Lexi. Why couldn't they have killed off someone else, like Owen, Teddie, or Arizona? Someone that no one cared about!
And will someone tell me why they were all in scrubs? Did I fall asleep and miss something?
And remind me never to depend on any of them in a crisis. Except Christina.

loulou
05-19-2012, 11:13 PM
Rhimes lost sight of this show about three years ago. She hasn't a clue to make it interesting or engaging.

What happened to quitting while ahead? Nine season is a long ride to string along with no good material.

I haven't watched Grey's Anatomy for years, but the preview I saw made me think of Lost. So I tuned in as I thought it was an interesting premise for an episode.

I really envy people who can enjoy those popular shows everybody is into, such as Lost. I forced myself to watch two seasons and I really couldn't take more. I don't even care one bit to know how the whole thing ended.

Glee? Only five episodes. On paper, I should have loved it.

Pretty Little Liars? I didn't make it to episode two. - Despite thinking Lucy Hale is lovely, and regretting Privileged wasn't renewed for more than one - unwrapped - season.

But I only made it to the scene where the pilot was asking if he'd be okay (out of fear that he'd be paralyzed). And Sandra Oh's character grabbed a pen, rammed it into his leg and said, "I don't think so?"

That scene was not only awful, but completely out of character. Christina is built to be first and foremost a great doctor. I doubt they diagnose pemanent spine damage sticking ink into the leg, when the guy already said he doesn't feel a thing at the moment.

I really liked Lexi.

Me too *sad puppy voice*. I would have beared better the loss of Meredith herself.

BTW, how on earth did the actress who played Lexie and the creator agreed that Lexie's story line was over? Was the actress tempted by better offers for next year?

BaileyCatts
05-20-2012, 12:14 AM
Here's another thing that I didn't like. So they flew from Seattle to Iowa (or wherever the hell it was) so they were two hours ahead of Seattle time. So lets say they were due to arrive in Iowa (was that it?) at 9am Iowa time, that's 7a Seattle time. If I'm the guys in Iowa, by 10a I'm extremely concerned (8a Seattle time). Yet no one at Seattle knows anything whatsoever until Owen checks his messages at the end of the day?? Why they only calling Owen? If I got no call back from him and its like, oh noon in Iowa and they still ain't there and Owen ain't called me back, why aren't they calling like Seattle Grace "operations", or security, or media relations, or get some person on the phone since Owen ain't calling you back? Absolutely no one at Seattle knows anything about them being missing until at least what, 8p or 9p at night Seattle time (due to the residents dinner they don't show up at going "they'll be here any minute") until Owen checks his messages at the end of the day??

Makes the whole storyline totally unbelievable. :lol: :lol: But seriously, see my point? How does absolutely no one know anything until well into dinner hour Seattle time that anything is wrong because Owen doesn't check his messages until then? Why was no one else called? Oh yea. TV. :P

CarolineL
05-20-2012, 12:20 AM
I still love Owen but I think it is more residual Rome love than actual affection for his character

pixie cut
05-20-2012, 12:44 AM
I still love Owen but I think it is more residual Rome love than actual affection for his character

I have residual love for the Owen from the first two seasons the character was on Grey's Anatomy, who had problems and passions. This Owen is a snore, but I do love Kevin McKidd (including in Rome).

mkats
05-20-2012, 12:50 AM
I love Owen for Owen. :shuffle:

skipaway
05-20-2012, 12:51 AM
wrong thread.

skipaway
05-20-2012, 12:51 AM
Here's another thing that I didn't like. So they flew from Seattle to Iowa :P
I believe they were headed to Idaho, same time zone and mountainous