PDA

View Full Version : Grey's Anatomy season eight

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16

*Jen*
05-15-2012, 10:20 PM
While Arizona's death would pave the way for Alex to realistically stay in Seattle, it just occurred to me what a stupid plot that would be. Callie's ex-husband (George) died, and now her wife? Meanwhile Arizona's parents lose both children? Terrible, terrible plot.

Given Grey's plot history, she probably doesn't stand a chance ;)

Artemis@BC
05-15-2012, 10:39 PM
But would Arizona's death really pave the way for Alex to stay? He's being offered a fellowship, under Arizona. If Arizona died, there's no way* he'd become head of the dept. If anything, Arizona dying might be more of a reason for him to leave, since the attraction of staying to continue to learn under the country's best pediatric surgeon would be gone.

(* No way in the real world that is ... but even in TV land they'd have a hard time rationalizing that one!)

I think the "reason to stay" is going to be something completely cornball -- "we all just survived a horrific tragedy together, it's a sign we should stay together" etc. etc. After all, only 1 death has been promised, they need to find reasons to stay for at least 5 who are currently saying they're leaving (Mere, Christina, Alex, Avery, and McDreamy).

pixie cut
05-15-2012, 11:45 PM
I think the "reason to stay" is going to be something completely cornball -- "we all just survived a horrific tragedy together, it's a sign we should stay together" etc. etc. After all, only 1 death has been promised, they need to find reasons to stay for at least 5 who are currently saying they're leaving (Mere, Christina, Alex, Avery, and McDreamy).

That's what I've been thinking. Kind of an "how can we be separated" dynamic.

nerdycool
05-16-2012, 04:08 AM
But would Arizona's death really pave the way for Alex to stay? He's being offered a fellowship, under Arizona. If Arizona died, there's no way* he'd become head of the dept. If anything, Arizona dying might be more of a reason for him to leave, since the attraction of staying to continue to learn under the country's best pediatric surgeon would be gone.Yeah, I thought of that, too, and briefly hoped that Private Practice was cancelled for next season so that Addison could come back. But then I saw that it was renewed, and my hopes were dashed.

Theatregirl1122
05-16-2012, 04:25 AM
Private Practice is pissing me right the hell off. The moral dilemma in this episode makes me mad.

loulou
05-16-2012, 11:11 AM
Yeah, I thought of that, too, and briefly hoped that Private Practice was cancelled for next season so that Addison could come back. But then I saw that it was renewed, and my hopes were dashed.

Oh no, please: don't cancel Private Practice, it's the whole reason I went back to watching Grey's Anatomy.

(I happened to watch the whole first and second series of PP in a stream some July, and that made the trick).

I like Addison better in PP, even though she's starting to get on my nerves a little lately. Since the - I don't remember the character name, sorry - black lady left, she show went somehow downhill. The only story line I liked was the Cooper and wife's one - again, names are escaping me.

But I still don't want it to be canceled. And I like whenever the two shows cross path. I only have to pay attention to which I have to watch first.

pixie cut
05-16-2012, 02:23 PM
Private Practice is pissing me right the hell off. The moral dilemma in this episode makes me mad.

The show was definitely renewed. It will return at 10 pm on Tuesdays in the fall.

Overall, I found the finale annoying. Although I liked the scene where Cooper talked Pete into doing what he had to do to make bail, the overall scenario of Pete's actions is absurd. He and Violet magically together makes no sense. As Violet said, she still doesn't know why he left in the first place.

Showing the brainless baby and then showing the organs being harvested was gross. The emotional impact could have been achieved without the visuals. Instead of being drawn into the emotional, I was just grossed out.

On the upside, I love the dynamic between Mason and Charlotte.

I find the Addison/Sam/Jake triangle absurd. I'm Team Jake.

Next up, Grey's Anatomy tomorrow. :rolleyes:

loulou
05-16-2012, 03:53 PM
Next up, Grey's Anatomy tomorrow. :rolleyes:

I'm gonna go and place my bet on the chief. He's going to pass. Let's see if I come out broke.

-- On a personal note: I don't need to see Debbie Allen like that again. I'm a tv serie freak, and I probably have seen most of the US tv show since colour was introduced. Fame is one of my dearest, and Debbie Allen's character one of the greatest. She was beautiful, amazing dancer, decent choreographer, sassy, stylish. Now I barely recognize her, and only because I know all her expressions by heart.

pixie cut
05-16-2012, 04:02 PM
-- On a personal note: I don't need to see Debbie Allen like that again. I'm a tv serie freak, and I probably have seen most of the US tv show since colour was introduced. Fame is one of my dearest, and Debbie Allen's character one of the greatest. She was beautiful, amazing dancer, decent choreographer, sassy, stylish. Now I barely recognize her, and only because I know all her expressions by heart.

At first, I thought you meant you don't want to see her in lingerie again. Is that what you mean? Or do you mean you don't want to see her getting older? I think she looks like the same woman, but it's been three plus decades since the Fame movie and more than two decades since the TV show. People age. I think she looks great.

loulou
05-16-2012, 04:21 PM
At first, I thought you meant you don't want to see her in lingerie again. Is that what you mean? Or do you mean you don't want to see her getting older? I think she looks like the same woman, but it's been three plus decades since the Fame movie and more than two decades since the TV show. People age. I think she looks great.

I didn't mean lingerie.

Not all people age the same way, and I think time hasn't been merceful with her. Some people I don't really mind when they age. Madonna is one of them, although I'll admit she's not avarage.

You're probably right: I should have expected what I didn't.

Here is Red Light (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9NXc1-uNuU&feature=related). - "What do you call that?". - "Wicked".

I met Gene Anthony Ray once, right before he passed. He was in a cafe, I approached, he invited me to sit, we had icecream. I asked if he could still dance, he stood up and put his leg behind his ear, with no warm up and people staring all around us. He was one of the two famous people I wanted to meet in person, and I was really glad I did.

pixie cut
05-16-2012, 04:27 PM
Not all people age the same way, and I think time hasn't been merceful with her. Some people I don't really mind when they age. Madonna is one of them, although I'll admit she's not avarage.

Madonna has had more work done than a construction site for a high rise.

Debbie Allen is 62 years old. I think she still has a great sparkle. I find she's over accentuates certain affectations, but she looks good.

And I'd rather not see her in her lingerie again, although the romance with Dr. Webber is kind of sweet. Hoping he's not the one who dies.

loulou
05-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Madonna has had more work done than a construction site for a high rise.

To her body? Is that why she looked and danced like this? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIale6sHHR4&feature=related)

Debbie Allen is 62 years old. I think she still has a great sparkle. I find she's over accentuates certain affectations, but she looks good.

I think she used to have a great sparkle. But as I said, you're probably right, and the subject must be an oversensitive reaction on my part, maybe due over-loving her old work.

pixie cut
05-16-2012, 05:01 PM
To her body? Is that why she looked and danced like this? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIale6sHHR4&feature=related)

The dancing is talent, hard work and discipline. The body from the neck down is probably mostly the same. The neck up is all someone else's hard work and talent.

I think she used to have a great sparkle. But as I said, you're probably right, and the subject must be an oversensitive reaction on my part, maybe due over-loving her old work.

You can't expect someone to hide away when they age. That's what leaves so many women in Hollywood unemployed after 40 while men in their 60s play love scenes with 20-somethings.

Andora
05-16-2012, 07:28 PM

Debbie Allen is nearly 10 years older than Madonna. If she doesn't move like Madge, I don't hold it against her. She does, however, look a million times better than Madonna's current surgery face. It's really sad-- Madonna was really starting to age well and with what seemed to be minor surgical help up through her American Life album. I don't really blame her getting help with aging well, but it just doesn't seem to have turned out right. (Plus her new CD is awful)

loulou
05-16-2012, 08:20 PM
The dancing is talent, hard work and discipline. The body from the neck down is probably mostly the same. The neck up is all someone else's hard work and talent.

You say it like it's a small thing, the body and the moving, I mean. In that department Debbie was just as gifted if not more. And sure knew how to work it.

You can't expect someone to hide away when they age. That's what leaves so many women in Hollywood unemployed after 40 while men in their 60s play love scenes with 20-somethings.

I don't expect it, I don't even wish it. I could name several characters played by actresses of a certain age that I've been fond of. Like Emily Gilmore in the Gilmore Girls: in my opinion, she was the gem of the show. And I had seen her much younger, in Dirty Dancing, and I thought she looked dull. Or say, I much prefer Sarah Jessica Parker today, than when she did Footloose or Girls Just Want to Have Fun.

But you can't ask me to feel differently than how I do: I loved Lydia Grant, and to me, she was an entirely different woman than this one I see now. And I wished, just for myself, just this once, I hadn't seen her trasformation.