PDA

View Full Version : It has been 20 years since one of the world's greatest album came out

Pages : [1] 2 3

Aussie Willy
09-23-2011, 10:02 AM
This should remind you how great it was

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTWKbfoikeg&ob=av3e

Or if you want something lighter try this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FklUAoZ6KxY&feature=related

Amy L
09-23-2011, 05:34 PM
I got this CD for Christmas when I was 11. I feel ancient. On the other hand, CDs last pretty well, mine still works!

aliceanne
09-23-2011, 06:28 PM
I got this CD for Christmas when I was 11. I feel ancient. On the other hand, CDs last pretty well, mine still works!

Ha Ha. I got my first alblum when I was 11, it was "Meet the Beatles". It wasn't even stereo (that came later). I still have it, and it works too.

BigB08822
09-23-2011, 06:41 PM
I was confused by this thread title because I know it hasn't been 20 years since Kelly Clarkson released Breakaway. :shuffle:

Ziggy
09-23-2011, 07:36 PM
I was confused by this thread title because I know it hasn't been 20 years since Kelly Clarkson released Breakaway. :shuffle:

You haven't just said that. :lynch:

BigB08822
09-23-2011, 07:38 PM
You haven't just said that. :lynch:

It is my favorite album. I can't help it. Kelly is insanely good. Although I will give Lauryn Hill's The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill a close 2nd place.

Cupid
09-23-2011, 08:34 PM
OT here, but you've heard the song by Maroon 5, "Moves like Jagger?" I looked up the meaning of the song and in the comments by readers section at the bottom, someone cracked me up when they asked, "Who's Jagger?" LOL!

Makes me feel old!:lol:

sk9tingfan
09-23-2011, 08:49 PM
OT here, but you've heard the song by Maroon 5, "Moves like Jagger?" I looked up the meaning of the song and in the comments by readers section at the bottom, someone cracked me up when they asked, "Who's Jagger?" LOL!

Makes me feel old!:lol:

I was walking down the street in Manhattan on the day after John Lennon was murdered and overheard someone say, "Hey, did you know that Paul McCartney was in another band before Wings?" That made me feel old as well. :lol:

michiruwater
09-23-2011, 09:59 PM
My first CD was Spice (http://www.amazon.com/Spice-Girls/dp/B000000WCA).

vesperholly
09-23-2011, 10:19 PM
I was walking down the street in Manhattan on the day after John Lennon was murdered and overheard someone say, "Hey, did you know that Paul McCartney was in another band before Wings?" That made me feel old as well. :lol:

OMG :rofl:

I like some Nirvana songs, but greatest album? meh.

My first CD was Ace of Base. :shuffle: Every song was good - because every song sounded exactly the same.

jenny12
09-24-2011, 03:58 AM
OMG :rofl:

I like some Nirvana songs, but greatest album? meh.

I agree, although Aussie Willy said "one of". Of the "grunge" bands I preferred Soundgarden or Pearl Jam. Vedder and Cornell could do more with their voices as well, IMO.

Cyn,

I totally agree. Love Alice in Chains!

Cyn
09-24-2011, 04:38 AM
I agree, although Aussie Willy said "one of". Of the "grunge" bands I preferred Soundgarden or Pearl Jam. Vedder and Cornell could do more with their voices as well, IMO.

Alice in Chains - the harmonies Layne Staley and Jerry Cantrell created were amazing (I always thought AIC was a far better band than Nirvana).

skateycat
09-24-2011, 05:09 AM
Little skateycat knows the song Sliver because it's played on a kid's music podcast he listens to. He also asks whether musicians are alive or dead. He's asked me more than a couple of times why Kurt Cobain is dead.

Louise
09-24-2011, 06:01 PM
Wow. I bought this CD the day it came out. Only 20 years? God, I remember albums I bought 30 years ago. I tried the grunge thing but didn't really fit. This was a great album.

KikiSashaFan
09-24-2011, 06:48 PM
I was confused by this thread title because I know it hasn't been 20 years since Kelly Clarkson released Breakaway.:shuffle:

My first CD was Spice (http://www.amazon.com/Spice-Girls/dp/B000000WCA).

I agree with both of these posts. :D