PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite Tom Hanks roles (pick 3)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Cyn
09-23-2011, 09:12 AM
The Green Mile
That Thing You Do! (smaller part as Mr. White, but he wrote and directed it)
Any League of Their Own

stanhope
09-23-2011, 12:40 PM
Tom Hanks is my favorite actor of all time, so this was hard for me. I chose Forrest Gump, Big, and A League of Their Own for the following reasons:

Forrest Gump - He makes me cry at the end every.single.time and I've seen that movie 100 times.

Big - First Tom Hanks movie I ever saw and I just love how you really believe he is a 13-year-old kid in a grown-up's body.

A League of Their Own - for this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhU-5M-VR0s)scene, one of the funniest ever.

Holley Calmes
09-23-2011, 01:26 PM
Oh, I love the "There's no crying in baseball!" scene best. I agree, he's not the big bombastic, curl-your-toes actor that some are. He's our generation's Jimmy Stewart, to me anyway. He certainly has his charms.

I love just about eveerything he's ever done, EXCEPT Forrest Gump. I just hate that movie! Too manipulative. But that's just me.

I also loved Joe and the Volcano. And I can't watch Philadelphia without dissolving for about a week.

Rex
09-23-2011, 02:16 PM
I love just about eveerything he's ever done, EXCEPT Forrest Gump. I just hate that movie! Too manipulative. But that's just me.It's not just you. I cannot stand that movie.

skatecat
09-23-2011, 04:22 PM
I would also add to the list:

The Green Mile
Splash

I think he's a great actor, although when he's interviewed nowadays he seems overly impressed with himself despite trying to come off as just the average Joe.

I remember being impressed when he was one of the hosts/speakers of a post 9/11 telethon. He spoke eloquently and completely without flubs (unlike the other actors on the same LIVE telethon).

julieann
09-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Oh yeah, The Money Pit. Alright that's tied with Bachelor Party for me.

I love The Money Pit! :lol:

julieann
09-23-2011, 04:33 PM
How about the dog movie? Houch, can't remember the spelling. And the skit he did on one of the last night shows " Toddlers and Tiaras".

SEXY FEET! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPLWKBWkn3s) He is hilarious!

Cachoo
09-23-2011, 05:57 PM
It's not just you. I cannot stand that movie.

I so agree: How did "The Shawshank Redemption" lose the Oscar to Gump?

But back to Hanks--has he ever played the antagonist/bad guy in any film?

Vash01
09-23-2011, 06:05 PM
I so agree: How did "The Shawshank Redemption" lose the Oscar to Gump?

But back to Hanks--has he ever played the antagonist/bad guy in any film?

The Road to Perdition comes the closest, since he was a gangster in it, but he still gets our sympathy because of what happens to him, so I can't consider that a bad guy role.

paskatefan
09-24-2011, 11:36 PM
I voted for Forrest Gump, Saving Private Ryan, & Apollo 13.

Not listed here, but I loved his role as Woody in the Toy Story series.

kittyjake5
09-26-2011, 04:23 AM
Philadelphia, Big, Green Mile and of my favorite silly Hank movie is Turner and Hooch. I loved that dog.

Carmen Ovsiannikov
09-26-2011, 04:31 AM
1.Castaway
2.Philadelphia

The third one probably wouldn't gain him much critical acclaim and I wonder if he even lists it in his resume any longer.

3.The Burbs :P :rofl:

The first Tom Hanks film I recall seeing; I thought it was really funny but looking back would never have forseen that he would have the kind of career he's had.

AnnieBgood
09-26-2011, 05:48 AM
Sleepless in Seattle, Big, and That Thing You Do.

duane
09-27-2011, 12:28 AM
Am I the only person in the world who isn't a Tom Hanks fan?
I like Hanks the comedic actor. Not impressed with Hanks the dramatic.

Top 3 roles:
A League of Their Own
Bachelor Party
Splash

Eden
09-27-2011, 12:34 AM
Am I the only person in the world who isn't a Tom Hanks fan?
No. Count me in as one who is not a big fan of his acting.