PDA

View Full Version : 2011-2012 Season of Criminal Minds ~ The Girls Are Back In Town!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

AragornElessar
09-22-2011, 03:14 AM
I know there was a thread started for the new Season, and I did look for it, but could not find it. So...I am sorry if I'm stepping on toes for starting a new thread, but since the new Season started tonight...

Shall we get to it?

Holy CRAP!! If that's what the rest of the Season is going to be like, then our show is back to what it was after whatever last Season was. In fact, it's best I think if we just forget that mess ever happened at all.

I won't go into too many details because I know not everyone has seen the episode yet, but I will say this...

You're going to LOVE Spencer when it's his turn to be grilled over what happened, happens in this episode. Which is a LOT and the entire Doyle storyline's wrapped up in a very excellent way.

And since I don't know who else has seen it yet, that's all I'll say. :D

halffull
09-22-2011, 03:18 AM
Fantastic show tonight :) I'm now 1000% back on board and excited for this new season!!!!

AragornElessar
09-22-2011, 04:57 AM
I know!!! By the end I was bouncing around the house w/this huge grin on my face going, "My show is BACK...My show is BACK...My show is BACK..." Thankfully, my Dad's a big fan too, but wasn't feeling that great so didn't watch tonight. I did burn it on DVD for him to watch it when he can the next week, (He's a huge Blue Jays fan, but w/us not headed to Playoff/October Baseball, his night time TV watching is booked solid for the next few days) but he told me when I went in to check he'd remembered to start his Dialysis Machine for tonight's run, he could tell things were back to what they were and could understand why I was so excited. :D

Thank Goodness for understanding Parents. :D

My only complaint though...Why oh why did Hotch shave off the beard? It looked good on him too. Oh well....

Seriously though, I loved how they explained where the Seaver character was and what happened to her. It tied in nicely w/the events in the Season Finale of last year and was a perfect way to send her off in a believable way. At least IMO.

Anyone else have a chance to watch it yet or are the majority of us CM fans here at FSU out on the West Coast?

Buzz
09-22-2011, 01:42 PM
Guess I am in the minority here because while I liked the episode, I did not like both old characters so neatly and cleanly being written back into the show. It felt once the show moved on, it should not have looked back. Not that fast and completely anyway.

Angelskates
09-22-2011, 02:24 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but now I can't wait!! :cheer2: It's back!!

loopey
09-22-2011, 06:10 PM
While I new JJ was returning, I had no idea Prentiss would be back too! And they wrote the entire blond replacement chick off the show in one line!

I hope we can now put last season behind us and go back to some good tv. Let's hope the CBS execs have learned their lesson, and won't do anything stupid again (like trying to save money by replacing all the old writers).

Looking forward to the new season.

mag
09-22-2011, 06:20 PM
I too really enjoyed last nights episode. I hope they keep Spencer's character moving in this direction - he was getting a bit too wimpy last season. I also hope they get back to the whole profiling bit. You know, when they actually do a profile and act on it. I felt they floundered with that a bit last season.

professordeb
09-22-2011, 06:20 PM
OK, I totally missed the explanation on the "blond replacement chick".
Would someone be so kind as to tell me.
When my mom, who is now living with us and needs 24/7 care (pretty much meaning me) calls for something, I tend to leave what I am doing. I think that may have been when they explained her departure.

mag
09-22-2011, 06:22 PM
There was a one line comment when Prentiss asked about her. I think it was AJ who said she had transferred to another team.

loopey
09-22-2011, 07:02 PM
There was a one line comment when Prentiss asked about her. I think it was AJ who said she had transferred to another team.
Yep, that was it! One line is all she got! :rofl:

milanessa
09-22-2011, 08:37 PM
I don't like Prentiss but am glad to see JJ back. :)

olympic
09-22-2011, 10:20 PM
Thomas Gibson looks gaunt. :( Was that for the role?

AragornElessar
09-24-2011, 09:35 PM
Okay, yes while the Seaver character was relegated to a very quick send off, I still think it was the perfect way to explain it.

Prentiss asked JJ where she was and JJ's answer was that she'd been transferred to Andi Swann's Unit. This was the Unit we saw in the Season Finale back in the Spring that works on Human Trafficking and trying to stop it. In that episode, one of Andi's Agents' cover was broken and while shot, lived. However, that meant there was an opening in that Unit for a young and up and coming Agent.

So yes, it might have *sounded* like just a one line brush off, but in the context of the episode and especially that scene where JJ was obviously bringing Emily up to speed in a very quick way, I thought it worked. I also still think it was the perfect explaination of where Ashley Seaver went to. That's just IMO though. :)

figurefan
09-24-2011, 09:57 PM
Thomas Gibson looks gaunt. :( Was that for the role?

I noticed that too...I think he is one of the most under recognized actors on TV right now.

Glad to see JJ and Prentiss back! I thought Paget Brewster was supposed to do some kind of pilot for a new show. Did that not work out?

AragornElessar
09-25-2011, 12:33 AM
I noticed that too...I think he is one of the most under recognized actors on TV right now.

Glad to see JJ and Prentiss back! I thought Paget Brewster was supposed to do some kind of pilot for a new show. Did that not work out?

Remember he got re signed literally at the last minute this Summer. W/in a week and a half of the start of filming for the new Season IIRC. Stress can do funky things to a person's body, so that could explain it.

And...

No, Paget's pilot didn't get picked up. It was for a Sitcom, wasn't it?